Page 1 of 54
... LastLast

Worlds 2014 hype thread!

The groups are drawn, it's time for the hype!
    Group A: White and Dark
    Dark Passage
    AhQ
    Samsung Galaxy White
    Edward Gaming

Group B: No Koreans, No Problem
    SK Gaming
    Star Horn Royal Club (Super Hot Royal Crew)
    Taipei Assassins
    Team Solo Mid

Group C: WTF 2 China? The Group of Death.
    LMQ
    OMG
    Fnatic
    Samsung Blue

Group D: Froggen and Friends
    Kabum!
    Cloud 9
    Najin White Shield
    Alliance

Group stage Schedule:
    GROUP STAGE ONE(Group A & B): SEPTEMBER 18 - 21
    TAIPEI, TAIWAN
    Local time: 5pm - 11pm
    PDT: 2am - 8am
    CEST: 11am - 5pm
    KST: 6pm - 12am

GROUP STAGE TWO(C&D): SEPTEMBER 25 - 28
    SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE
    Sept 25 - 26 Sept 27 - 28
    Local time: 5pm - 11pm Local time: 2pm - 8pm
    PDT: 2am - 8am PDT: 11pm - 5am
    CEST: 11am - 5pm CEST: 8am - 2pm
    KST: 6pm - 12am KST: 3pm - 9pm
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2014-09-08 at 09:05 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol why even play group 1s games. TSM is gonna make it out with that joke of a group too lmao.

barring any upsets it should be White EDG TSM SHRC Fnatic Blue Alliance Shield
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-09-08 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Lol why even play group 1s games. TSM is gonna make it out with that joke of a group too lmao.
    TSM still aren't gaurenteed to win the group, gotta show up.

Group C is insane though, seriously that'll be some epic shit right there.

Damn, group C is just... wow, can't wait, D ain't bad either. The times are totally messed up if you want to watch it live though :/

I wanna see how SK does against TSM, EU vs NA HYPE.

Apparently for the brackets too ^ Chance for a KR vs KR final with this setup which I'm happy about (honestly feel any other region vs a Samsung team or Shield would be boring a 3-0 like last year). Unfortunately it means that either Blue/White need to have one as the 1st seed and the other as the 2nd seed, or they meet each other in the semi-finals instead. Shield playing how they did in the regionals would be great to see too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ogn spring final repeat baby!

15+ Year Old Account
    White is going to absolutely steamroll Group A.

TSM fails to get out of groups.

Group C, yeah that's pretty nuts.

Decent chance Cloud 9 doesn't make it out, either.

I wonder what Vegas looks like on zero NA teams making it to quarters?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

My predictions:
    Group B-TSM & SHRC, no necessarily in that order. Not that I don't think TPA has a chance, but last time they faced international competition, they were the only team not NOT make it out of the group stage at all-stars,they went 0-4. And none of the teams that went to all-stars ended up first in their region(SKT didn't even make it to worlds).
    Group C- With SSB the obvious frontrunner, the only question is who will get 2nd. Personally, I think FNC could take it. They had a very strong showing last year, and with the addition of Reckless and now Toyz in the coaching position, I could see them making it below SSB. Either way, this will be the group of midlaners:Xpeke, Dade, XWX, Cool...it will surely make for some amazing matches
    Group D- Another good group, but I have to say Alliance and NJWS will come out on top. No that I have anything against C9, but this is Alliance we are talking about here. Also, though NJWS may only be 3rd seed, their performance lately sweeping both KT teams and 3-1'ing last years champions proves they are just as good.

I don't think group A is even worth talking about tbh, they only question is who will get first and who will get 2nd. Personally, I predict SSW 1st and EDG for 2nd.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._throw_a_game/

/facepalm did they do a free tinfoil hat giveaway that i missed or something??

Prediction time

Group A (lol)
    SSW,EDG

Group B
    TSM, SK gaming

Group C
    SSB, ??? this is a hard one

Group D
    NJWS, another hard one....prob ALL
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2014-09-09 at 04:53 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

can't wait for that alliance vs cloud 9 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._throw_a_game/

/facepalm did they do a free tinfoil hat giveaway that i missed or something??

Prediction time

Group B
    TSM, SK gaming
    SK over TPA and even SHRC eh? Interesting. You have a lot of faith for the 3rd seed EU team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Predictions, Predictions, Predictions.

Group A: SSW and EDG. Mostly because I can't see White not making it out, and I don't know the other teams good enough other than EDG. Weakest group overall (IMO) since none of the teams really stand out or have made a name for themselves other than White.

Group B: TSM and SHRC. Royal Club has Uzi, and he is amazing. SK should just be happy to have made Worlds so I don't have much hope for them. And unless TPA has stepped it up since All Stars, I don't think they will be a huge threat either. The "Easiest" group, if there is such a thing at Worlds.

Group C: SSB and Fnatic. The mid laner battlefield. These games should be amazing and I honestly don't care who makes it because they are all top tier teams, though a case could be made for LMQ being a bit weak.

Group D: ALL and NJWS. I want to say C9 can take it away from Alliance, but it's unlikely. Another really good group, especially if Kabum ends up being a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    SK over TPA and even SHRC eh? Interesting. You have a lot of faith for the 3rd seed EU team.
    well sk gaming really held against alliance back at EU play off and i rate candypanda really high as good ADC

plus SHRC didnt really shown any good rotation and vision control but their individual mechanic is top level

TPA.. hmmm havent followed GPA league for ages so they might be a surprise but i doubt it (ppl need to leave the S2 stuff thats long long time ago)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Group C: SSB and Fnatic. The mid laner battlefield.
    battle of the generals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Damn, group C is just... wow, can't wait, D ain't bad either. The times are totally messed up if you want to watch it live though :/

I wanna see how SK does against TSM, EU vs NA HYPE.
    i think it starts 10pm here so im good to set (i think its 10pm or 8pm...)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

My favorite thing about all of this, is that because of my work schedule I can watch all the matches live while im working, its going to be SO awesome.

EEEEEEeee

-so happy-

Deleted
    If alliance gets out of the groups it will win worlds (that coming from a fnc fan)

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    IN Froggen we trust

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the format for group stages? Teams play eachother once and the two best records move on?

SSW, SSB, and NJWS will not lose a single game in groups. If Monte was the Korean hype train conductor last year, call me the lead engineer this year.

I think the the biggest challenge weighs on NA making it out of groups. A lot of people are predicting TSM through, but I'm doubtful. They had better bring their absolute best.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2014-09-09 at 01:26 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    What is the format for group stages? Teams play eachother once and the two best records move on?

SSW, SSB, and NJWS will not lose a single game in groups. If Monte was the Korean hype train conductor last year, call me the lead engineer this year.

I think the the biggest challenge weighs on NA making it out of groups. A lot of people are predicting TSM through, but I'm doubtful. They had better bring their absolute best.
    No doubt SSB/SSW will make it out unscathed, but I think there is a chance NJWS may drop a game in their group to a team like Alliance. I think TSM has a very good chance of making it out of their group, SK barely qualified in the first place and TPA went 0-4 at All-stars, being the only team out of 5 to not make it out of the group stage in Paris. The only team in Group who I can see taking games off TSM is SHRC.

Each team will play the other twice, once as red and once as blue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Each team will play the other twice, once as red and once as blue.
    Perfect, that's what I was looking for.