Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is d3 really this easy...when does it get hard

I went to level 41 crusader (on my very first toon) on expert without ever dieing..

I only died then, being stupid and trying to Zerg urazel or however you spell him in act 5..

Please tell me that mathael isn't going to be Faceroll too?

The gameplay and graphics are superb but it really lacks in difficulty and that sucks because I should finish the game on expert tomorrow in under 10hrs as my first character ever..

I look forward to trying the torment levels once I have unlocked them.

Opinions?

Just slap it on t6 after you get to 60 and see how easy it will be then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    I went to level 41 crusader (on my very first toon) on expert without ever dieing..

I only died then, being stupid and trying to Zerg urazel or however you spell him in act 5..

The gameplay and graphics are superb but it really lacks in difficulty and that sucks because I should finish the game on expert tomorrow in under 10hrs as my first character ever..

Opinions?
    you are on a low level and playing one of the lowest difficulties yet you complain its too easy?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Greater Rifts. 36+ gets pretty hectic for me.

Simply getting to level 60 is kind of your introductory experience. The difficulty goes up noticeably from 60-70, and further increases if you up the actual difficulty setting. For example, when the expansion first came out, my wife and I had a *really* hard time with Malthael on Master at 70, and had to bump it down to Expert to beat him. Now we're strong enough for Torment IV, maybe V, but VI still totally wrecks us.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Come back when you're clearing grift 32+ on a HC character.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeaah... It's normal procedure on games. You play on a normal/average dificult level, then after finishing the story mode, you unlock a harder mode, who is harder than the normal/average mode by various degrees. And then generaly you unlock some sort of Very Hard Mode. The Very Hard of Diablo 3 is called

-!TORMENT VI!-

Torment VI is very hard.

10+ Year Old Account

Opinions?
    Have you played a diablo game before? Sincerely not being condescending here, it just doesn't seem like you've got the normal Diablo player mentality? Finish the game? By doing what, beating the last boss of the campaign on one of the lowest available difficulties? 10 hours? I've spent more than that in one binge sitting just farming legendaries when the game first dropped.

Getting to level cap is, what, help me out here guys. 1% of the game? .5% maybe? Not trying to exaggerate. Maybe just offer a little perspective. If you bought a diablo game just to play story mode well... I'm not really sure you'll get your money's worth. That is subjective though.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Story mode isn't really what D3 is about. Beating Mathael isn't really "finishing the game." The real end game is being able to clear content on Torment 6 and Greater rifts. Greater rifts IMO are a far more enjoyable experience than story mode. Racing the clock and seeing just how far you can get. You can never really "beat" the game in greater rift mode, but if you're really good you might be able to get ranked on the leaderboard.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2014-09-08 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't finished the game. You have 0 paragon levels, you've never done bounties, you've never done rifts, and you've never increased the difficulty past expert. You have no legendary gear or class-specific sets. You have no crafting patterns or achievements.

Up the difficulty to master and keep leveling. Once you're 60, move to Torment and see how long you enjoy it. Also, you can't say a game is easy when you're playing it on 30% difficulty (3rd out of 10 possible modes).

Guys I'm level 14 in wow and I haven't died yet what's with all this elitism?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You haven't finished the game. You have 0 paragon levels, you've never done bounties, you've never done rifts, and you've never increased the difficulty past expert. You have no legendary gear or class-specific sets. You have no crafting patterns or achievements.

Up the difficulty to master and keep leveling. Once you're 60, move to Torment and see how long you enjoy it. Also, you can't say a game is easy when you're playing it on 30% difficulty (3rd out of 10 possible modes).
    To be fair, t6 is only 13x damage or close to 30x health and isn't close to 30% difficulty :P

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Have you played a diablo game before? Sincerely not being condescending here, it just doesn't seem like you've got the normal Diablo player mentality? Finish the game? By doing what, beating the last boss of the campaign on one of the lowest available difficulties? 10 hours? I've spent more than that in one binge sitting just farming legendaries when the game first dropped.

Getting to level cap is, what, help me out here guys. 1% of the game? .5% maybe? Not trying to exaggerate. Maybe just offer a little perspective. If you bought a diablo game just to play story mode well... I'm not really sure you'll get your money's worth. That is subjective though.
    No I have never played until this morning when I downloaded it... I've always played wow and swtor.

I just expected it to be harder than it is, since this is the highest difficulty I can do (for now). I understand torment level stuff will most certainly kick my behind, but I can't do them yet.

Question..do I stay on a private game until max level or what? Will that allow me to group with others and do harder difficulty?

Thanks for the replys

10+ Year Old Account
    Question..do I stay on a private game until max level or what? Will that allow me to group with others and do harder difficulty?
    Sort of. Every person that joins makes it more difficult but overall it tends to be easier in groups. Each person can bring buffs and abilities to the table that you can't, alone. If you're fond of groups, sure, by all means have people join in. But I've found it's more fun to level up, finish act 5, unlock bounties/rifts, and do those with other people than leveling.

These replies of people saying stupid stuff like 'Do a GRIFT on level 84 with one hand tied behind your back and then come tell us how easy it is!'...

The issue I had, which I think the OP may as well, is that you literally can't increase the difficulty past master until you've reached (at least) 60. And this is a Blizzard game we're talking about so, of course, there is no such setting as 'easy' or 'beginner' which means true 'normal' difficulty is probably somewhere between what they call expert and master. So if you happen to have above average 'gamer smarts' (i don't want to get murdered for calling it skill) and/or you like to challenge yourself, you literally cannot until you first faceroll at least 60 levels of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post

Got boosted to 70 in about 3 hours with a new character on ladder. Level cap in diablo is a speed-bump to the rest of the game.

Deleted

Thanks for the replys
    You unlock Torment for all characters when you reach 60 on your first character, though don't count on being able to get far even in T1 while leveling (especially in the 60-70 bracket). Private just means randoms can't join you through matchmaking, doesn't affect the difficulty setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is a game of stat hunting perfection and character progression, not a game based upon finishing the story mode alone. Also, as many have said, higher difficulties are harder. Torment 6 Uber Diablo absolutely wrecks face if you're not prepared.

And finally, if all of that is STILL to easy, there is always hardcore mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    These replies of people saying stupid stuff like 'Do a GRIFT on level 84 with one hand tied behind your back and then come tell us how easy it is!'...
    A very good sign that you should avoid a hyperbole is when you need to exaggerate far past what is possible to make your point. Or any other situation except taking an actual argument to its' logical extreme, for that matter.

I think the main issue here is that the OP was confused by the misleading difficulty titles. Expert is really more like normal, and anything below that is training wheels.