Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Saudi Arabia just beheaded 4 people for smuggling hashish

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/09...-saudi-arabia/

Probably won't hear about this in the American media, instead the press here is beating the drums of war and emotionally manipulating the population into what will most likely be a complete disaster like the last time we invaded Iraq.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Don't smuggle drugs, EVER! This applies ten times in non 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were clearly Assassins, preparing to strike their target.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    They were clearly Assassins, preparing to strike their target.
    No, that only applies in old unarmed black grandmother vs white cop scenario.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you know the punishment for smuggling drugs is beheading, don't fucking do it. Hard to sympathize.. Innocent people are being beheaded almost daily, I don't see why we should care when it happens to people who knowingly put themselves into that situation.

I don't think the punishment fits the crime, but unless they were forced into it it's still their own damn fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    There is a graphic picture right as the page opens... made me a bit sick.

As for the article, this is why I dislike religion.
    What? That has nothing to do with religion. Its there laws not enforced by religion

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the word "assassin" derived from "hashashin", religious zealot warriors that smoke obscene amounts of hash to fight Christian invaders during the crusades?
    I thought that Muslim culture was more forgiving towards those transgressions given groups like the Taliban have made money opium sales.

They do that all the time, many countrys have death penalty for petty crimes, they love it just look at this executioner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JTPjs9nGNA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    Isn't the word "assassin" derived from "hashashin", religious zealot warriors that smoke obscene amounts of hash to fight Christian invaders during the crusades?
    I thought that Muslim culture was more forgiving towards those transgressions given groups like the Taliban have made money opium sales.
    Much like Communism, Islam is not a monolith.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel particularly sympathetic. If I was doing to smuggle drugs I wouldn't do it to a country where I'll be executed for near enough anything. If you're going to take the plunge into the dark abyss, don't expect to climb out unscathed. Especially if you're going to break the law.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Some facts from the good old kingdom :

More than 2,000 people were executed in Saudi Arabia between 1985 and 2013.
    At least 22 people were put to death between 4 and 22 August 2014 alone – more than one every day.
    The death penalty in Saudi Arabia is used in violation of international human rights law and standards. Trials in capital cases are often held in secret and defendants rarely have access to lawyers.
    People may be convicted solely on the basis of “confessions” obtained under torture, other ill-treatment or deception.
    Non-lethal crimes including “adultery”, armed robbery, “apostasy”, drug-related offences, rape, “witchcraft” and “sorcery” are punishable by death.
    Three people under 18 were executed in 2013, and so far in 2014 one has been sentenced to death, in blatant violation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
    In some cases, the relatives of those on death row are not notified of the executions in advance.
    Foreign nationals represent a disproportionate number of those executed, largely because of inadequate legal representation and translation support. Almost half of the 2,000 people executed between 1985 and 2013 were foreign nationals.
    People with mental disabilities are not spared the death sentence.
    Most executions are by beheading. Many take place in public. In some cases, decapitated bodies are left hanging in public squares as a “deterrent”.

Problem?

At least they use something that'll go straight through, unlike those IS gits that use what is apparently a carpet knife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't break the law?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Some facts from the good old kingdom :

More than 2,000 people were executed in Saudi Arabia between 1985 and 2013.
    At least 22 people were put to death between 4 and 22 August 2014 alone – more than one every day.
    The death penalty in Saudi Arabia is used in violation of international human rights law and standards. Trials in capital cases are often held in secret and defendants rarely have access to lawyers.
    People may be convicted solely on the basis of “confessions” obtained under torture, other ill-treatment or deception.
    Non-lethal crimes including “adultery”, armed robbery, “apostasy”, drug-related offences, rape, “witchcraft” and “sorcery” are punishable by death.
    Three people under 18 were executed in 2013, and so far in 2014 one has been sentenced to death, in blatant violation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
    In some cases, the relatives of those on death row are not notified of the executions in advance.
    Foreign nationals represent a disproportionate number of those executed, largely because of inadequate legal representation and translation support. Almost half of the 2,000 people executed between 1985 and 2013 were foreign nationals.
    People with mental disabilities are not spared the death sentence.
    Most executions are by beheading. Many take place in public. In some cases, decapitated bodies are left hanging in public squares as a “deterrent”.

Problem?
    It's not a problem, as they're our allies.

If we didn't like them it would be a problem, but we do, so it isn't.

Get with the times daddio.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Don't smuggle drugs, EVER! This applies ten times in non 1st world countries.
    Chances are you won't be beheaded in most other countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Better to lose the head then to spend the rest of your life rotting away in some prison somewhere like you will in many countrys, i think thailand and other asian countrys you can get life for tiny amounts off drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Something that the countries that do have draconian punishments for drug-running have in common, is a shocking lack of access to translators and lawyers for suspects, and the usage of forced confessions obtained through torture.

Deleted
    Could argue on the point, but I'll just say that this would not happen in a civilized secular society.
    Last I checked the nation in the world that has the highest amount of death sentences is also rather secular

Civilized can always be discussed, it is but a word we can throw around when need be.

Deleted
    If you mean the US, usually people are sentenced to death for murder. Not selling drugs.
    I certainly wouldn't call the US secular. I mean China.

Deleted
    Why is this newsworthy? Would you post an article pointing out how someone in North Korea was imprisoned and killed for speaking against their regime?