Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Witcher 3 specs revealed.

I just saw the system specs for the game and they are no joke.I am guessing this game is gonna look amazing on pc.Did you guys check them and what do you think?

Deleted
    I know it will look great and run great on my console with no fuss about worrying about system specs.

PC gaming has become a real turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    I know it will look great and run great on my console with no fuss about worrying about system specs.

PC gaming has become a real turn off.
    You are also aware that it will never look/run as good on your crappy console compared to what it could look like on a decent PC

Aaaannndddd jumping in right now to say that if we keep going down this PC vs Console road, we're in for a baaaad time.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no debate.

BOW TO THE PC MASTER RACE!!!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Aaaannndddd jumping in right now to say that if we keep going down this PC vs Console road, we're in for a baaaad time.
    Indeed...

OT: I have seen them, Luckily I am close to the recommended settings with an i5-2500k stock(will prolly OC though pretty soon) and a gtx 780. It should run decently unless they go the Ubisoft route and screw optimization completely.

Deleted
    They will not ruin the game.I completely trust them.

Quite high specs. My pc is slightly above minimum, seems like I will update my PC this year.

Deleted
    The spec discussion was already taking place in the Witcher 3 thread we already have ._.

7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it's fortunate I've recently upgrade my PC as those spec aren't anything to cough at. But, yeah I am surprised that they're shooting so high but I only imagine they're being honest with their minimum requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious on how much this thing will take to max out at 1440p, but oh well time will tell.

Deleted
    Much better that they're honest and upfront about the horsepower required for this thing, rather than mislead people into a horrible experience. Some "minimum" requirements for some games are barely runnable, never mind playable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    You are also aware that it will never look/run as good on your crappy console compared to what it could look like on a decent PC
    Totally agree in theory.

There is a chance in reality that the PC version will just be a shoddy console port with bumped up resolutions but bad performance issues.

There are many many PC games that suffer from this. I think Watchdogs was a major culprit as an example.

Assuming it runs flawlessly on a "decent" PC, that is going to cost a pretty penny.

All in all, i acknowledge PC hardware is way superior to consoles, but for me, the price and risk factor of a game not performing correctly is not worth exploring any more.

Unfortunately, PC gaming has all but stopped for me. All of the things I used my PC for can be achieved by a tablet / console. Gaming on consoles might not quite have the graphics of "decent" PC's, but they still look great, are loads of fun, and above all, they just work without all the faff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the 900 series was just released, it's probably the best possible time to upgrade your GPU, whether you're going for a 900 series at full price or a discounted 700 series.

To me, these specs are more or less a goal. "If I can run this...well, hell, I can run anything!"
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    So recommended specs are:

• Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
    • Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
    • RAM 8GB
    • OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
    • Direct X 11
    • HDD Space 40 GB

My Specs:

Intel CPU Core i7-4790k at 4Ghz
    NVidia GPU GTX 770 (overclocked)
    16GB Crucial Ballistics DDR (overclocked)
    Windows 8.1 64-bit professional.
    Tons off HDD specs.

I know the GPU is just 'fine', but after Witcher 2 I'm sure it'll even do crazy shit on just normal until the developers patch stuff around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So recommended specs are:

• Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
    • Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
    • RAM 8GB
    • OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
    • Direct X 11
    • HDD Space 40 GB

My Specs:

Intel CPU Core i7-4790k at 4Ghz
    NVidia GPU GTX 770 (overclocked)
    16GB Crucial Ballistics DDR (overclocked)
    Windows 8.1 64-bit professional.
    Tons off HDD specs.

I know the GPU is just 'fine', but after Witcher 2 I'm sure it'll even do crazy shit on just normal until the developers patch stuff around.
    Well you can probably run the game on high settings.I am going to buy a gtx 970 for this beast,it's about time i upgraded my pc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy5r5 View Post
    Well you can probably run the game on high settings.I am going to buy a gtx 970 for this beast,it's about time i upgraded my pc.
    Well the recommended stats are for 1920x1080 on HIGH settings.

But my PC was 'fine' for Witcher 2 too, ran like shit in the beginning though, and I know a lot of people with top end pc's back then had the same problem. I just hope the game is polished enough at release, and I should be able to ace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    But my PC was 'fine' for Witcher 2 too, ran like shit in the beginning though, and I know a lot of people with top end pc's back then had the same problem.
    Yes. The oversampling feature was killing my PC too. Without, the game looked like shit.

My specs were:

AMD FX-8350 8-core 4.0Ghz
    24GB DDR
    AMD Radeon HD 7950
    Windows 8
    Samsung SSD
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Guess I'll be playing this in 3 years when I finally upgrade from my i7 890 & 5870 T_T
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Pretty much sums up my feelings.