Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, 2.38 on the 15th, it's adding personal housing (which is probably going to be too expensive) a new zodiac relic step, upping ramuh rings to i110 and some other things that I forgot about cause those 3 are the most interesting to me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Yup, 2.38 on the 15th, it's adding personal housing (which is probably going to be too expensive)
    Ooooooooo! Glad I saw this before I hit 50 and bought a room in the FC manor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I was told between 04:00 and 09:00 CST is the best time to try. That's when I get off work and I had no problems making a character at that time.
    Oh update! I managed to get into Balmung, wow what an active server, currently have a level 20 Puglist which I LOVE. Switched from free trial to subscription. Definitely a good game.

Still working out some issues, like rotations, whatever legacy controls are, auto attacking and little nuances. Either way, it's a lot to get used to after almost 10 years of only WoW. But I'm excited to learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legacy controls basically mean pressing back auto turns you back instead of needing to mouse or keyboard turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really make a difference? Like can I continue playing now as I am and be efficient? Basically playing like I would WoW, tank and spank, moving out of attacks, and in dungeons/guildhests I do the typical, attack from behind strat.

Good game, my only main gripe with it is the length of GCD's. Never have I played such a slow paced MMO.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Does it really make a difference? Like can I continue playing now as I am and be efficient? Basically playing like I would WoW, tank and spank, moving out of attacks, and in dungeons/guildhests I do the typical, attack from behind strat.
    Legacy controls are better if you turn with the keyboard which nobody should do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Good game, my only main gripe with it is the length of GCD's. Never have I played such a slow paced MMO.
    Yeah, the lengthy GCD can be annoying, but it makes lag less of an issue.

I'm looking forward to checking out PvP. The slower GCD and the fact that there are very few instant spells and very few spells off the GCD should make things a bit more interesting, I'd think.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Legacy controls are better if you turn with the keyboard which nobody should do.
    So I'm fine lol.

And agreed Pool, that's one of my biggest peeves, the GCD is just ugh... I can't imagine the concept of 'bursting' existing in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm fine lol.

And agreed Pool, that's one of my biggest peeves, the GCD is just ugh... I can't imagine the concept of 'bursting' existing in this game.
    You get used to it. There's definitely burst, it's just not in the "globaled inside a stun" way that WoW thinks of burst.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooih behind? Oooh right...

Anyways some classes gain skills that do more damage from the flank instead of behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ooih behind? Oooh right...

Anyways some classes gain skills that do more damage from the flank instead of behind.
    Wow I'm dumb lol. Thought the 'flank' meant behind. So kidney shots SWEEEEET.

So close to going monk, sucks a bit that I have to level a lancer to 15 just to become a monk but whatever, it seems fun enough.

So far my class goals are Monk, Dragoon, Black Mage, and Warrior. Wanted an Archer but being a Bard seems confusing. Not used to Archers/Hunters being a support class. I'm all about the deeps.

10+ Year Old Account

So close to going monk, sucks a bit that I have to level a lancer to 15 just to become a monk but whatever, it seems fun enough.

So far my class goals are Monk, Dragoon, Black Mage, and Warrior. Wanted an Archer but being a Bard seems confusing. Not used to Archers/Hunters being a support class. I'm all about the deeps.
    It's not a support class, it has 3 support abilities that aren't too complicated.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh as a warrior bard gets CRAZY DPS......YOU BASTARDS STEALING AGGRO AND KITING HOW DO I GET HATE BACK WHEN PROVOKE IS ON CD AND YOU KEEP ATTACKING(Shakes axe in air)

Ahem anyways yeah.....Bards are good dps if done right..Too good...

And yeppers some skills do more form the side others from behind.

And you WILL get bonus xp on your dragoon so it should level faster anyways.

Also to TRULY mximize your classes kinda need all classes at 34 or higher anyways... Sooo no big deal(note that is min max style)

10+ Year Old Account

Also to TRULY mximize your classes kinda need all classes at 34 or higher anyways... Sooo no big deal(note that is min max style)
    Wait why is that so? Like all classes in the game on one toon? I was hoping to have separate toons. One toon a monk, one toon a bard, etc... Why would I need all classes at least to level 34 on one toon?

Wait why is that so? Like all classes in the game on one toon? I was hoping to have separate toons. One toon a monk, one toon a bard, etc... Why would I need all classes at least to level 34 on one toon?
    FFXIV class system is unique from other mmo's in that by leveling multiple jobs on one toon (in some cases you have to, to unlock the more advanced jobs) you can mix and match skills from any class (there is a limit to how many skills you can borrow from other jobs if I remember correctly). If you ever played FFV and its job system you would get a better idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note I said to MIN MAX not needed in general.

But say a MNK gets skills from Lancer and Marauder(who becone Dragoon and Warrior themselves). So to say have ALL POSSIBLE skills to use on your monk would need those two at say 34 or 40 something.

But again that is Min max Type shit.

Here this is a site I often use to help out
    http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Monk

Sooo a 34 lancer and a 26 Marauder would min max your fisting ass(note I mean this humorously not insulting)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, the lengthy GCD can be annoying, but it makes lag less of an issue.
    If only. Lag is go to excuse in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    If only. Lag is go to excuse in this game.
    In 2.0 was no excuse...Titan HM with KNOWN lag/server delsy...NOW THAT was brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note I said to MIN MAX not needed in general.

But say a MNK gets skills from Lancer and Marauder(who becone Dragoon and Warrior themselves). So to say have ALL POSSIBLE skills to use on your monk would need those two at say 34 or 40 something.

But again that is Min max Type shit.

Here this is a site I often use to help out
    http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Monk

Sooo a 34 lancer and a 26 Marauder would min max your fisting ass(note I mean this humorously not insulting)
    As much as I love Min/Maxing on WoW, I think I'll stick to the basics in this game lol. Already hard enough learning a whole new game =P.