Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Best Ascension Champions?

I might try for the Perfect Ascension Icon - anyone found champs they feel are really good in Ascension?

I tried Annie first just to have something I felt comfortable with - but she goes OOM too fast I found, and champs need sustain it seems since you cant recall. Annie's burst and damage were great, was top damage and murderstun bear out of all the bushes made for plenty of multikills, but I feel there is almost certainly better.

I'm thinking Vlad could be good, possibly Garen (but I never play him), maybe Morgana?

Alternately Teemo and Shaco could be very strong since they can't recall to heal and the match is all tight alley fights and objective capture - eggs/boxes would murder people (plus all the face-checking of bushes you need to do).

Pantheon on our team built straight AD and was reliably getting the Xerath killing blow with it - that was pretty cool - but he wasn't very useful outside of that trick, even with the Ascended buff.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

First time i went with tiger Udyr, worked out pretty well. Second time went with Wukong, and i didn't like it at all. You can't buy a flask or any potions, so it kinda sucks. + your ult is on a such a long cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya mana regen seems really weird in there too - I had Athenes, and didn't even CDR cap - but I was constantly OOM as Shaco - so I'm wondering if mana regen is bugged possibly, but max mana works fine (in that it takes you longer to OOM) - come to think of it Annie's mana wasn't good either despite that I had both a Prospectors Ring and Morellonomicon.

So far I'm 2/2 though It's all in the relics IMO, and the lurk-kills - even Ascension isn't really the goal - just use it as bait to kill enemy team members when they get low

Shaco worked pretty well, top damage again, and top points this time - despite never ascending. Shaco boxes did serious work for map control and node captures, and Q->E on low hp enemies was pretty brutal

Yeah killing Xerath is a massive throw magnet, since you dont have smite. Just tried Xin Zhao, and he seemed to work allright. From what i've noticed so far is that Teemo and Garen are really strong champions for ascension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diana, Fizz, and Jax. Took a second and 2 first places. High burst with some sustained damage is perfect. Just gotta single out the squishies.

Deleted
    Managed to get all icons and the perfect one after 6 games (Wooh!) with two friends
    Played some more games after..

What i've found strong is just plain ad bruisers.. mostly riven, wukong, jax, yi, talon, zed, yasuo etc.
    They're all able to deal a huge amount of dmg without having to rely on their spells.
    Champs with long cooldowns is a no go, it's a fast gamemode with a low spawn timer so you will need cooldowns to kill stuff

Go around as a team, if you split up your team will die one after one and you will slowly lose the game.. Always go for the captures as they yield many points, Killing champs isn't the best way to get points. try to rotate around the capture points as a team so you can get the capture as soon as it pops up

If you ace or kill 3-4 of them and have your whole team alive, going for an ascension would be a pretty good idea. and if the enemie team goes for it just try to steal it

Deleted
    Took a squishy, died before I could cast anything. Took a Tank, died before I could see who was attacking me.

Something is either extremely bugged or something else is wrong, but I did 3 games and lost all 3 due to stupid teammates and other random shit (Akali 2shotting everyone at lvl 3, Amumu 1v3ing)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played Taric with GP5 runes and had no problems with wrecking everyone and everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Chogath seems to be sooo annoying this map since he offers

AOE cone silience and a knockup

Ult that almost gaurentees xerath kill when you are going for him

gets tanky with ROA real quick
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

You can't Cho'gath ult/Nunu Q Xerath, though(or at least his buff says you can't).

Personally I really liked Kha'zix, going for a pretty heavy damage build. He turns into a complete beast with the Ascension buff(had 3 pentas stolen from me in 1 game) because resets are pretty strong(and very easy to get).
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-09-11 at 06:42 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    It seems 2-shot assassins are best from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    It seems 2-shot assassins are best from my experience.
    Burst, some kind of sustain, being resourceless and having an escape are all big advantages, and quite a few assassins either have that or usually get it as part of their builds, so yeah, I agree. Hybrid scaling champions also work quite well if they manage to ascend(Akali and Jax especially)

I'm still confused by the Tryndamere on my team who got ascended and then proceeded to run away from the enemy team(who were all fairly low on health) while he had ult up, just to eventually die because he couldn't run fast enough. Oh, and I had people who couldn't figure out how to get out of spawn, even though the game spends the first 45 seconds telling you how.
    I mean really, the game mode is not super complicated. There's one main objective(200 points) with 3 sub-objectives that let you reach that goal(kill enemies, capture shrines, get ascended) and the map is fairly straight-forward(although the terrain is a bit weird if you aren't used to it, so failing jumps and dashes is understandable)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-09-11 at 07:58 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I've had multiple teams run around the map, not even going for objectives, and then when all 5 of us are alive and there's 3 enemies going for Xerath, they ignore it, eventho they have almost full health.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    You can't Cho'gath ult/Nunu Q Xerath, though(or at least his buff says you can't).
    u cant kill it leaves it at 1hp i think

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_on_ascended/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    u cant kill it leaves it at 1hp i think

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_on_ascended/
    Right, so using them just leaves Xerath to be taken by some random AoE that's flying around. Not sure if that's ideal. It's obviously great if you get an undisturbed Xerath, but how often does that happen?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can perfectly time a hit of Rupture (for example) with an ult to get a kill on Xerath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sivir has actually turned into my strongest plays so far, but it could be just that I'm more experienced at the mode now. My last game not only did I outscore every by a lot, but my damage was off the chart - nearly twice that of the next highest person. The idea I had there was that it was all in the movement speed items - and Sivir you can build with Zephyr and TF, and then she's just a bullet flying around the map poking and kiting and chasing as she pleases Usually I throw a Frozen Heart on Sivir too, just for brawliness versus all the AD bruisers.

Just tried a game as Kayle though, thinking that Kayle is usually my top Crystal Scar pick - not very impressed - I built her wrong though, an AD kayle might have had a stronger early game, while my AP/AS kayle didn't scale well enough off the bat. Plus, I rushed Lichbane which was stuipd without AP/AD - I really wanted the movement speed/mana though - but definitely Gunblade and/or Nashors first imo.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-09-11 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    After all the complaining I've now had 4 wins in a row:
    Elise
    Warwick
    Pantheon
    Skarner (Ascended Skarner really fucks up your day)
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2014-09-11 at 01:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't even thought of Elise, ya she's be great!

I've wanted to try Warwick but he's surprisingly always banned so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Hecarim?