Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic Garrosh, Effective Interrupts?

My guild is currently on Heroic Garrosh and I am trying to find a list of effective interrupts for the adds in the Jade Temple intermission phase. Can anyone help?

Any kind of interrupt/stun is affective. AoE interupts are particularly useful. If your hunters are skilled a well placed binding shot will also interrupt them. It would help to know your comp to be able to give you a specific list.

I'm confused, any interrupt/stun can work. About 2/3's of classes have the ability to AoE stun. Shamans and Warriors are able to AoE interrupt more than once in a row. The High Powered Bolt Gun also works if you are lacking interrupts. Blanket silences don't work but you can use a silence to interrupt.

I have to say it still surprises me when people can get to the end boss of the content and not know of ways to interrupt or CC.

Now they've got the X amount of wipes consisting of:

"You missed your interrupt"
    "No I didn't"
    "...sigh yes you did, it was your camp that casted and that was the 2nd cast, aka your interrupt"
    "I did interrupt, it's on cooldown"

Repeat x200 until WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

"No I didn't"
    "...sigh yes you did, it was your camp that casted and that was the 2nd cast, aka your interrupt"

Repeat x200 until WoD
    Hah My guildies have learnt not to try and pull shit like that any more since they know I can check logs pretty easily. I've had things like "Oh I lagged" -- But you still filled every GCD during that time, and didn't even attempt to press your interrupt? na-uh. You just forgot and/or failed.

"No I didn't"

Repeat x200 until WoD
    Luckily WCL provides you with a nice feature which tells you which add wasn't interrupted

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Luckily WCL provides you with a nice feature which tells you which add wasn't interrupted
    Ain't nobody got time to whip open WCL on a wipe.

Ain't nobody got time to whip open WCL on a wipe.
    Live-logging syncs after you wipe, refresh page and you can see it.

I'm confused, any interrupt/stun can work. About 2/3's of classes have the ability to AoE stun. Shamans and Warriors are able to AoE interrupt more than once in a row. The High Powered Bolt Gun also works if you are lacking interrupts. Blanket silences don't work but you can use a silence to interrupt.
    Baseline only a Warrior could pull that off but it's not worth making a Warrior spec Shockwave over Bladestorm. Ele/Enhance need a Druid to Symbiosis them and even then that silence only hits 2 of the 3 unless you perfectly place Solar Beam.

If your group is needing more than 3 AoE interrupts per group to kill that group then the raid's damage is too low. Consider just doing the half and half strat rather than 1 group per pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Baseline only a Warrior could pull that off but it's not worth making a Warrior spec Shockwave over Bladestorm. Ele/Enhance need a Druid to Symbiosis them and even then that silence only hits 2 of the 3 unless you perfectly place Solar Beam.
    What... a Shaman doesn't need Symbiosis to AoE-interrupt 2 sets in a row...

And as I said, Warriors are able to AoE-interrupt more than once in a row... If they choose not to, that doesn't suddenly make Warrior's unable to AoE-interrupt twice in a row.

I really don't understand the point of your post?
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-09-11 at 03:01 PM.

What... a Shaman doesn't need Symbiosis to AoE-interrupt 2 sets in a row...

And as I said, Warriors are able to AoE-interrupt more than once in a row... If they choose not to, that doesn't suddenly make Warrior's unable to AoE-interrupt twice in a row.

I really don't understand the point of your post?
    I'm just drawing a blank as to what their two AoE silence/interrupts are. Only things that are coming to mind are Wind Shear (single target), Cap Totem (AoE that's a pain but doable) and maybe Thunderstorm assuming it interrupts if unable to knockback. Pardon my ignorance.

As for the Warrior thing, the point there was that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should as the loss in damage over the course of the fight far outweighs having that second level of control.

10+ Year Old Account
    makes me wonder if disorienting roar for a druid works
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Keep in mind that if the adds are still silenced at the time they die, they will not drop Consumed Faith orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    makes me wonder if disorienting roar for a druid works
    As a druid, I can say that it does not, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm just drawing a blank as to what their two AoE silence/interrupts are. Only things that are coming to mind are Wind Shear (single target), Cap Totem (AoE that's a pain but doable) and maybe Thunderstorm assuming it interrupts if unable to knockback. Pardon my ignorance.

As for the Warrior thing, the point there was that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should as the loss in damage over the course of the fight far outweighs having that second level of control.
    Call of the Elements

Cap totem -> that talent that finishes CD on all totems below 3 min -> Cap totem. Needs the glyph tho.

so only stuns and interrupts work. Gotcha

In no particular order:

Leg Sweep
    Shadowfury
    Shockwave
    Disrupting Shout
    Blinding Light
    Capacitor Totem

Those are the ones we tend to use because they're available and more or less reliable. Binding Shot also works, but is harder to hit all 3 with.

im assuming blinding light has to be glyphed to work?