Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    How about you stop caring how others call themselves. Seriously, why are you offended by the things that have nothing to do with you?

I wanted to call my WoW character "Speedking" after a song of Deep Purple and it didnt let me because it contains mature language.

Dont see why they care in WoW so much, while in HS obviously not at all.

Look whilst I think it's silly to forfeit and run away because I wouldn't do that, the simple option to flag a name is important. Especially when it hits android and becomes more accessable to children, what's the age restriction on the game? It must be quite low as a simple card game. I don't know if there is any name that I'd personally get upset about or feel offended by, but I have reported plenty of names on behalf of others since I can appriciate that it's very offensive to someone else. Having the ability to have the community help moderate things like that with the flagging system is important in any game that kids are playing. I can appriciate this fact even though I'm rarely personally offended.

Why would you even waste your time complaining about these immature kids and their offensive names??

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    How about you stop caring how others call themselves. Seriously, why are you offended by the things that have nothing to do with you?
    Can you really not figure that out for yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Why would you even waste your time complaining about these immature kids and their offensive names??
    He isn't, reread the post.

They are not hearthstone names... They're battletags,battletags have looser restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleurette View Post
    They are not hearthstone names... They're battletags,battletags have looser restrictions.
    No, they don't have looser restrictions. There just is no system in place in Hearthstone to allow you to report names that violate the naming policy.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-09-11 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Funny thing is, once you get with someone you genuinely care about and some sloth comes along and says the same thing to your girl/guy/daughter/whatever you would more than likely go apeshit and get in thier face "over a name"
    LOL. I would never in a million years put a mature language filter on my kids games or try and shield them from reality. I have no problem with it whatsoever which is probably why my family is happy, healthy and sociable. They know the difference between right and wrong and they learn about the world around them through real experience not through some falsified horse shit reality that you probably feed your family. You don't shelter them from shit like this...get fking real you idiot. People like you are creating a breed of fuckwits in this world. Politicallly correct wankers with no sense of humour. I'm doing my part to reverse that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    It is very simple, you add them to your friends list report their name and then delete them from your friends list. problem solved.
    i sent the friend request. it got ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyfry View Post
    You forfeit? WTF, are you a girl? Because you are being such a woman about this. Who gives a shit what his name is, I don't even look at names in most of my matches. Why do you let something so insignificant ruin your day? I can't even begin to think about what daily life problems that you go through and handle them in such extreme matters, negatively affecting those around you.
    so are you implying women are weak? funny how you claim i am the one with problems when you resort to strawmans for your arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    Honestly if you are offended by a NAME (whatever it may be) you really need to grow a pair. Yes they deserve a report because they are stupid but if you really get offended by names you are even more stupid in my eyes.
    and why do you care what he gets offended by?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    almost as thoughtless as salandrin/jaylock.

dont look at their name lul
    or dont play if you cant handle someones name
    dont play games because people can't follow rules. flawless logic there.
    that's the same type of logic as victim blaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    and why are you upset that someone requests a tool to help blizzard enforce rules they themselves set?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I can see the point. Most people calling you stupid etc must not have kids who can read and enjoy video games. You can use the argument that you shouldn't let your 8-10 year old play. I don't want my 12-15 year old seeing the name jewkiller and getting ideas. Or anything even remotely close to that. What the heck is wrong with you people where you ponder that this is acceptable? Simple minded people...

Kids are easily persuaded and at times wonder off into things they know they shouldn't for the sake of trying new things and get themselves into predicaments. Even the finest parent can't watch his child 24/7 monitoring his every move to ensure he is living a good life. And if a 9 year old sees jewkiller, goes hey, thats kind of funny and signs his history paper that, thats ok with all of you isn't it?
    Last edited by HisDudeness; 2014-09-12 at 08:12 AM.

I for one agree with the OP here. Sure you can say "oh get over it" but why the hell are the do good'ers being told they're being stupid here? Why not the people with offensive names, disregarding rules among many other things.

There's an increasing amount of violence in the world and this kind of attitude is what's stemming it. If you can't see that then there's something wrong with you. Also if you're seriously naming yourself stuff like jewkiller on your gaming profiles and such you're more than immature; you're insensitive, immoral and a massive jerk.
    Last edited by Mectrid; 2014-09-12 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why get so angry? Grow thicker skin.

There's no reason to be so angry about "juvenile" humor. It's stupid humor granted, but harmless. That being said, there should be an option for it, there's just no need to be so pissy. Your argument is fine, but the way you worded it makes you sound like a heavily repressed old man that's going to yell at me to get off his lawn.

"Poonslaya" *snicker* *snicker*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mectrid View Post
    I for one agree with the OP here. Sure you can say "oh get over it" but why the hell are the do good'ers being told they're being stupid here? Why not the people with offensive names, disregarding rules among many other things.

There's an increasing amount of violence in the world and this kind of attitude is what's stemming it. If you can't see that then there's something wrong with you. Also if you're seriously naming yourself stuff like jewkilla on your gaming profiles and such you're more than immature; you're insensitive, immoral and a massive jerk.
    There's always been violence, it isn't growing, we're just noticing it more. It's also caused by much deeper issues than people that like to give themselves troll names on video games. Not to nitpick but this post is silly.

I'd disagree with that it isn't growing, the stuff that happens today is horrendous compared to what happened back when human standards were much lower, purely because we've matured, eventually figured out that stuff like slavery and racism isn't right. We know this stuff is wrong but it's still happening.

I also disagree that this kind of thing doesn't influence people. I never said it was the sole reason for violence, but it's definitely not going the right direction for a happy earth.

So while you find the post silly, you've probably taken me far out of context in that last paragraph. In the 1940's a name like jewkiller would've been fine in certain parts of the world, not at all right, but admired by many for the wrong reasons. Now anyone admiring or defending it is ignorant to what's happened in the past 70 years.

Things like this affect young minds, we don't want to brain wash the next generation to thinking this kind of thing is commonplace. It should be frowned upon and mediated as much as possible, lest we raise a bunch of racists to take over the planet. Games reach a lot of the world now, you'd be stupid to ignore the effect they can have on people. I'm not saying games cause serial murderers, but serial murderers can be influenced by games sure thing. Why give them more opportunity to find that influence?

Deleted
    I get what you're saying but...do people really even look at their opponent's name? You probably should avoid doing that if you get so easily offended, just my advice.