7+ Year Old Account

Question about combat rotation!

So, i've been lurking about this for a few days.. Checked my loggs after fights and so on!

Rupture, is a MUST in the combat rotation or have i been doing wrong all the time?
    Cuz when i look on the loggs, Rupture does like no dmg at all? It's on 20th place on my attacks with a uptime on 80% (Garrosh fight this was)

Is it worth going with Rupture or should i just spam Evi?

535ilvl - like full LFR gear.

Thanks, Zith!

Rupture is a damage increase, but only a very minor one. (The DoT of a 5-point Rupture ticking to its full duration does slightly more damage than a 5-point eviscerate) If the highest level of raiding you're doing is LFR, you're just as well off dropping it from your rotation. I stopped using it, and I'm usually in the top 3 damage dealers on LFR (also in full LFR SoO gear).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Rupture is a damage increase, but only a very minor one. (The DoT of a 5-point Rupture ticking to its full duration does slightly more damage than a 5-point eviscerate) If the highest level of raiding you're doing is LFR, you're just as well off dropping it from your rotation. I stopped using it, and I'm usually in the top 3 damage dealers on LFR (also in full LFR SoO gear).
    Thanks!

Yeah, i noticed it's a VERY small boost..But i guess, a little more is better than nothing!
    Thanks anyway for the reply

If you want to squeeze the absolute most damage out of your character, Rupture is a requirement, but things like properly managing cooldowns and aligning them with Insight will be far more impactful.

Deleted
    As a rule use it on Single target fights only. Never use it when you have BF up because it doesnt spread the bleed dmg. It is a dps increase to use it but a minor one and unless you want to mess with tracking trinkets and Insight levels dont bother with using rupture just use Evis instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    unless you want to mess with tracking trinkets and Insight levels dont bother with using rupture just use Evis instead.
    The situations which determine if rupture is a DPS increase (time to live, invulnerability, cleave, yatta yatta) do not include insight or trinkets. In every available case, for any insight, with or without any trinket, rupture hits harder.

It's still a tiny DPS increase, as mentioned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    The situations which determine if rupture is a DPS increase (time to live, invulnerability, cleave, yatta yatta) do not include insight or trinkets. In every available case, for any insight, with or without any trinket, rupture hits harder.

It's still a tiny DPS increase, as mentioned.
    Oh yeh dont get me wrong Rupture is a dps increase but to get the max out of Rupture and using it to max potenial needs more work that hitting an Evis for little gain