Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I wish I was as naive as you to think that slavery is completely abolished in the world.
    Pretty sure he's talking about America...and even if not, there's not anywhere where it's actually "legal". Whether it happens or not is a different story all together.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    I think a lot of people have forgot 9/11. The only reason I remembered it is because I saw it here on the forums.

Probably of the two, if we were forced to pick, we should remember Slavery.

This most likely depends on age. I'm pretty sure anyone that was +16 at the time won't forget it (American)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Pretty sure he's talking about America...and even if not, there's not anywhere where it's actually "legal". Whether it happens or not is a different story all together.

I wish I was naive enough to think it's been completely abolished in America.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    No one is alive today that was a victim of slavery in the United States.

Plenty of 9/11 victims are still alive.

This is factually not true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    This most likely depends on age. I'm pretty sure anyone that was +16 at the time won't forget it (American)

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I was naive enough to think it's been completely abolished in America.
    Did I miss something somewhere? Where is it legal to "own" someone in America?

Minimum wage jobs are not slavery if that's what you were about to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Did I miss something somewhere? Where is it legal to "own" someone in America?

Minimum wage jobs are not slavery if that's what you were about to say.

Legal and abolished are 2 different things

Drugs are illegal, do you think they have been abolished?

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone always has to stir the pot.

Slavery hasnt been forgotten, its talked about all the time, actually more than the events of 911.

But heres your big wooden spoon!

Deleted
    Legal and abolished are 2 different things

Drugs are illegal, do you think they have been abolished?
    Ofc not, but legal slavery IS abolished, which is pretty much what the poster obviously meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely forgot today was 9/11. I looked out the window and asked why all the flags are at half staff, and my psychologist jokingly hit my knee with a water bottle and said "its 9/11 doofas".

Ooops.

Even worse considering I was about to hit 15 when it happened, so my memory of the event is still pretty clear.

This is factually not true.
    Show me someone who is alive today that was a slave in the United States between 1789-1865.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    I remember 9/11 every time I have to fly.

The Terrorist's well and truly won. To this day I have to spend hours in security checks because as a society we do not trust each other anymore.

Show me someone who is alive today that was a slave in the United States between 1789-1861.
    The entirety of the Supreme Court.

well not as a slave...but pretty sure they were alive back then.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-09-11 at 08:19 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me someone who is alive today that was a slave in the United States between 1789-1865.

Moving the goal post are we? You didn't say anything about a time frame before.

There are still slaves in this world. There are still some in America. Just because it is illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

7+ Year Old Account

There are still slaves in this world. There are still some in America. Just because it is illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    No because the point the person was making is that he was comparing American Slavery( 1789-1865) to 9/11. In that sense not a single person alive today went through American slavery. What plenty did however go through was Civil Rights, but this whole point is pretty far off topic tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Nationalism is more powerful than the fight for human rights.

Deleted
    Only reason I even remember its 9/11 today is because I notice that I had forget about a meme day (9/9), but the best part of it all that I notice I just watched episode 9 of 11 of a show that aired today and its protagonists are "terrorists"

Because it's America.

Do you ever wonder why there aren't threads commemorating tragedies around the globe on each anniversary?

I haven't seen anyone mention the 7/7 bombings in England for years.

I know 9/11 was bad, but for fucks sake, every single year we go over the same shit over and over, enough already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we lock this tread? We will just get infactions from ameica bashing.

Never forget:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Because it's America.

Do you ever wonder why there aren't threads commemorating tragedies around the globe on each anniversary?

I know 9/11 was bad, but for fucks sake, every single year we go over the same shit over and over, enough already.
    I understand, but I think people remember 9/11 simply because it was America and so many more died in it than the 7/7 bombings. Like 50 people in the 7/7 bombings vs >3000 in 9/11. I think that's why people focus on 9/11 more. Although we do need to have more threads on foreign things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Because it's America.

You are talking about an attack on the USA that hasn't happened on its home soil since Pearl Harbor, and having to hold back and not steamroll the middle east, instead trying to help the people find their own freedom.

I also don't think you realize what being American feels like. In the USA we commemorate every single tragedy that has happened in this country. Just take a trip to DC and see for yourself how much remembering of our past we have. Even things such as the Sandy Hook Shooting or Hurricane Katrina.

10+ Year Old Account

You're being overly pedantic. You know damn well it was the practice of institutionalized slavery that was being talked about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I was 11 in New York City, it's hard to forget something like that.