Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does Durotan sound like Arthas as paladin/Anduin? On top of that this seems out of place from the other LoW videos being about how the Orcs became Warlords. This just shows why Durotan isn't a favourite of Grommash and his ORCORC party.

Wow, a lot of people hate the Grom story. It was my favorite.

Deleted
    Obviously, this is not bloodlust, the shaman spell, since Durotan is not a shaman. As previously pointed out, it's probably blood fury, the orc racial.
    However, I am unhappy about this episode, since

1) I considered the orc racial a consequence of the former demonic influence
    2) those red eyes are definately signs of demonic origin and therefore wrong
    3) there were many, MANY occasions to report that orcs lose control in battles and accidentally slay their allies, but this was never reported

Fu**, this is a retcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Wow, a lot of people hate the Grom story. It was my favorite.
    Hate is a strong word. It's the one I liked the least so far, but I definitely did like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

it made me cry a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    Obviously, this is not bloodlust, the shaman spell, since Durotan is not a shaman. As previously pointed out, it's probably blood fury, the orc racial.

3) there were many, MANY occasions to report that orcs lose control in battles and accidentally slay their allies, but this was never reported

Fu**, this is a retcon.
    1. Why so stuck-up?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Right in the feels with this one. Damn epic, fantastic episode, great contrast to the rest and gives a bit more depth to the orcs, rather than just the RARARARAHONOURPUNCHKICKHARDASBALLSRARARARA that the previous ones give. This one is more hard nuts in the spiritual sense and I like it ^^

Do agree that the voice acting was a bit off, they seemed a bit gentile compared to the rough and gruff that you usually associate with orcs but then again, these guys are supposed to be more in control, so it makes sense that their voices would be softer - maybe not -that- soft though
    Still great episode, favourite of the bunch so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothin' like having your mom crapping on your decision making on top of killing your best friend. Best day ever.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! That was quite touchy-feely, loved it.

(Inb4 "WAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH")

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post

Fu**, this is a retcon.
    You realize that bloodlust was an ogre-mage spell? Even what you think is right is a retcon. And orcs have always been naturally aggressive and warlike, thats why they were chosen by Kiljaeden to invade Azeroth in the first place.

I thought this was really good! I don't know about lore or anything, but it was definitely a good watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    In Rise of the Horde, even Frostwolves had trouble controlling the blood rage when it came upon them. There's a particular moment where during the attack on Telmor many orcs just lose themselves, Durotan included.

But anyhow, damn. That was powerful.
    Yep, that's it exactly. It's called different things (bloodlust, blood fury, battle rage), but orcs sometimes lose control and basically black out, see red, go berserk.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was rather disappointing compared to Kargath and Grommash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soo.... Durotan succumbed to bloodlust.. before having drank any demon blood? Soo.... despite everything they keep telling us, orcs are still bloodthirsty killers? Even Durotan?

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    You realize that bloodlust was an ogre-mage spell? Even what you think is right is a retcon. And orcs have always been naturally aggressive and warlike, thats why they were chosen by Kiljaeden to invade Azeroth in the first place.
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/orc/units/shaman.shtml

No, Bloodlust was a shaman spell.

Deleted
    Alright,I'm sold. /sigh

Great episode,I always wondered what's up with Durotan's white fur he is constantly wearing.

Did not care for young Durotan's voice. It felt way too human boy, but other than that not bad. Don't know enough on the Lore at the moment to be that upset about succumbing to the Blood Rage. I was under the impression that was not demonic but what was always an Orc trait and that the demonblood essentially turned it on all the time, but again this is me just pulling from general memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    In WC2 it was used by Ogre Magi.

http://classic.battle.net/war2/units/ogre.shtml

Orcish bloodlust is something innate.

They're warmongers, no matter how ''peaceful'' they were before Kil'jaeden.

Gromm was stillraiding ogre lands and lopping off heads.

In Rise of the Horde the orcs lose themselves and kill draenei children. Durotan is like the only one who doesn't.

This is probably linked to that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcon View Post
    Soo.... Durotan succumbed to bloodlust.. before having drank any demon blood? Soo.... despite everything they keep telling us, orcs are still bloodthirsty killers? Even Durotan?
    Orcs have always had that blood lust inside them. The demon blood basically made it permanent and uncontrollable.