Garrisons: Return of the EC Tunnel?

I had already hoped for this but with the advent of trade chat inside of Garrisons with the latest beta push I made a video to show what I hope for.

EDIT:

For clarification:

You are phased to the party leader's garrison by right clicking your own player frame and selecting "View Leader's Garrison". Then it ports you to the entrance anyway.

As well, their garrison may be set up differently than yours, so you cant say meet me at the barracks, maybe they do not even have a barracks or have nothing built.

Cheers!

EDIT: Followup video:

Last edited by Dejablue; 2014-09-20 at 11:53 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't heard of the EC tunnel trading in about 12 years, wasn't even sure anyone in WoW was old enough to have known about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daovan View Post
    I haven't heard of the EC tunnel trading in about 12 years, wasn't even sure anyone in WoW was old enough to have known about it lol.
    On my server(Xegony) it was Kelethin.

Oh man... EC Tunnel trading.

I think it would he cool if there was just a tiny little camp or something at the edge of the phase zone, kind of like halfhill market was to the farm.

That way we could just pop out to trade, and pop back in. And not have a thousand people standing in the middle of a field lol.
    You just lost The Game

Long time since I heard about the EC tunnel , or north freeport (sewers entrance for darkies) hehe
    Was on Mith Marr here.

'Blizzard wants us to play with the expensive toy they bought us, not the box'

God that is so true. I love Blizzard to death, but god dammit they really struggle with the concept of letting their players find their own way sometimes, don't they?

This would be a nice thing to see. Hell, I personally think Blizzard could even stand to support it a little bit; just put some tents, a small encampment-like area right at the cusp of where the Garrison phases out. Doesn't need NPCs or even its own chat, that would be plenty. That way it's kinda like your faction is all mustering together outside the Garrison area.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2014-09-20 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

God that is so true. I love Blizzard to death, but god dammit they really struggle with the concept of letting their players find their own way sometimes, don't they?

This would be a nice thing to see. Hell, I personally think Blizzard could even stand to support it a little bit; just put some tents, a small encampment-like area right at the cusp of where the Garrison phases out. Doesn't need NPCs or even its own chat, that would be plenty. That way it's kinda like your faction is all mustering together outside the Garrison area.
    Yea they jsut need some landmarks outside so we don't have to say say, "Meet me by the big tree", "Meet me by the big rock", but instead, "Meet me by the tent", "Meet me by the tower", etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

Well all of their recent games take you by the hand like you are a total retard (diablo,hs,wow,even scII a little bit). But they forgot that games are also about liberty.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Forgive the ignorance, but what is EC Tunnel trading?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Forgive the ignorance, but what is EC Tunnel trading?
    It was a tunnel that people used as a spot to do trading since there was no AH in EQ you had to yell and shout about your wares and meet and trade with people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't you just invite players who you've agreed to trade with into a party and they'll pop up in your garrison? What's the big deal with that.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Can't you just invite players who you've agreed to trade with into a party and they'll pop up in your garrison? What's the big deal with that.
    Most likely that's how it'd work. Or you can essentially say "Meet outside our Garrisons" where the individual phasing ends.

The idea of using the Garrison for a trade hub is interesting, but I'm fairly skeptical because of the long history of using the AH or meeting in SW/ORG has.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You can. You are phased to the party leader's garrison by right clicking your own player frame and selecting "View Leader's Garrison". Then it ports you to the entrance anyway.

As well, their garrison may be set up differently than yours, so you cant say meet me at the barracks, maybe they do not even have a barracks or have nothing built.

I have a video showing it but I gotta go get groceries while it is trans-coding.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Followup video:

EDIT: Oops, first video was posted, followup is now above.
    Last edited by Dejablue; 2014-09-21 at 02:27 PM.

Even all these years later my brain didn't even hiccup at "EC tunnel" and I knew exactly where it was and what it looked like inside.