10+ Year Old Account

Tinkmaster Overspark

So I finally got a legendary in a pack today but it's tinkmaster overspark. Would you guys DE him? The only legendaries I have are the naxx ones and I have no epics and few rares. I have about 400 dust now so if I dust it I'm only 400 away from a good legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like RNG decks?

I remember when he was good...

10+ Year Old Account
    He was good once? RNG decks are fun from time to time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcon View Post
    Do you like RNG decks?

I remember when he was good...
    No you rember him from when he was mandatory for almost all decks.

He used to be a 2/2 with the same ability only you could target what was effected. He was amazing for any Control deck basically because it was like playing a neutral copy of Polymorph. The fact he could turn something into a 5/5 was largely irrelevant since his main targets were things like Rag and Tirion.

In relation to your current quandry he's probably a good candidate for dusting unless you wanna play Randuin or attempt some "next level" plays.

Deleted
    Well, he has his uses, although very limited. He can deal with Highmane and similar high-threat cards brilliantly... if that card is the only thing currently in play.

Another "fun" card. I keep all of these cause when the meta is stale and you are searching for reasons to play, These decks keep your interest. Its funny when you turn something huge into a squirrel and its also funny when you turn something small into a 5/5. I take great joy in playing casual...casually. All the super cereal decks you find in casual are for the try hards. Casual is meant for the murloc druid decks. The 20 leg decks. Whatever else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really keen on dusting most cards because most have a niche use.

Unless it's magma rager. That card blows.

He had his place in control warrior for dealing with stealthed gadgetzan auctioneers, Tirion, and Highmanes. But miracle and mid range hunter will be dead a couple weeks.

this card does fit perfectly in a paladin deck.
    cuz if you got a emty board. play your hero power and then tinkmaster. boem!! 50% shot for a free 5/5!
    the number off games i could this as control pala was good enough.

this is also good against stealthed auctioneer. or some other big thing.
    imo it is worth keeping and give it a spin in a pala deck, it is very fun they never espect it!
    tho most of the time they remove it, but they just used hard removal that cant be used anymore. the trade is great!

It's a garbage card. DE

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm likely going to use it a couple of times for fun and DE once I get 400 more dust which would then give me enough to finally craft my first legendary.

Speaking of which, what legendary would you craft first? Note I only have Tinkmaster and the Naxx legendaries. I was thinking bloodmage thalnos since it can fit into almost every deck.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2014-09-16 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I'm likely going to use it in a couple time for fun and DE once I get 400 more dust which would then give me enough to finally craft my first legendary.

Speaking of which, what legendary would you craft first? Note I only have Tinkmaster and the Naxx legendaries. I was thinking bloodmage thalnos since it can fit into almost every deck.
    Sylvanas, Cairne and Bloodmage are probably the most universal legendaries. Cenarius, Hellscream and Tirion are extremely strong in their classes' decks, so a fair consideration as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Sylvanas, Cairne and Bloodmage are probably the most universal legendaries. Cenarius, Hellscream and Tirion are extremely strong in their classes' decks, so a fair consideration as well.
    Thanks Caine, I would lean towards one of those 3 universal legendaries as I like to mix up my deck a lot (do have a deathrattle shaman and a hunter deck but other than that I only use a deck a couple of times before making a new one).

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Thanks Caine, I would lean towards one of those 3 universal legendaries as I like to mix up my deck a lot (do have a deathrattle shaman and a hunter deck but other than that I only use a deck a couple of times before making a new one).
    If you're choosing between those three, I would suggest Cairne. Thalnos is very good but can be replicated with either a Kobold or Loot Hoarder with little loss in functionality. Sylvanus is also very good, but requires some setup to use. Cairne can be tossed down on an empty board and hold value. He's also SW: Death immune.

Edit - Realized after posting this that Cairne on an empty board would be a perfect Tinkmaster target lol. Still holds value over Sylvanus.
    Last edited by mongoose6; 2014-09-16 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I'm not really keen on dusting most cards because most have a niche use.

Unless it's magma rager. That card blows.
    It's not bad for a dust-cheap Soulflame Warlock board clear.

I have seen it used some in the super control Warrior decks where you can guarantee your opponent will never have more than one minion on the board. But yeah it's a pretty dead legendary now compared to how often it used to be played. I'd say just D/E it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    If you're choosing between those three, I would suggest Cairne. Thalnos is very good but can be replicated with either a Kobold or Loot Hoarder with little loss in functionality. Sylvanus is also very good, but requires some setup to use. Cairne can be tossed down on an empty board and hold value. He's also SW: Death immune.

Edit - Realized after posting this that Cairne on an empty board would be a perfect Tinkmaster target lol. Still holds value over Sylvanus.
    Good point about Cairne, still a toss up for me though as Thalnos can be used in every deck I make where the other two are great but may not get included in some decks (even though Thalnos isn't as good as the other 2 IMO, so it's a tough call).
    Last edited by dryankem; 2014-09-16 at 06:53 PM.

They made that card from a must have to absolutely worthless. One of the most situational cards out there.