Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gladiator Mounts account-wide, Why not?

I obtained Gladiator on my rogue in Season 3 during burning crusade, and that charakter has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust ever since.

I'd LOVE to be able to my gladiator mount on my warrior, which has been my main charakter ever since i stopped playing on my rogue.

Why shouldnt they be account-wide? The FoS still says that I obtained it on my rogue, shouldnt that be enough? IMO its the best looking mount in the game right now, rather annoying seeing it not getting to stretch it wings.

Your thoughts?

Also, Somehow.. I have a second Vengeful drake in my bag. I wouldnt mind being able to send that too my warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, you should be able to show off that mount on any character. I don't agree with their idea that you earned it on that one character so its to display your skill as that character, because its a mount YOU earned as the player, not the character. I think challenge mode mounts are character specific too, and I think the mounts should be account wide. Gear is what should show off your skills as the character itself, not the mount.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything should be accesable on all characters. Will come.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Really hoping for CM items and Vicious PvP mounts to be come account wide...

Deleted
    Found this below on a forum, and I agree,

"Unnecessary Restriction
    Why are PvPers smacked with this restriction but PvErs are not? While they are getting all of their fancy mounts on their mains to use on alts, we PvPers don't have this option. This means more RBGs on more toons, and more honor farming.

I say we should have the same rights as PvErs. The whole point of everything being account wide now was to have it be about the player, not the toon. By restricting us PvPers of this feature you contradict yourselves. We, the players, earned the PvP mounts just like the PvErs. So please, allow us to take advantage of this as well."

Yeah. It's bizarre that I can ride around on Invincible on all characters, but not a gladiator drake.

Even the Arena Master title is account-wide. It makes no sense.

Deleted
    Just the idea of ridin' my gladiator mount on my warrior makes me horny. Especialy with the new feature coming to the flying mounts. Being able to use it as a ground mount.

Blizzard, Make it happen.
    Last edited by mmoc4d7b96f32a; 2014-09-13 at 12:24 PM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The current feeling though is that if you earned a PvP mount on a specific character (class) it was a symbol of your PvP prowess with that particular class. I'm sure you could say that this should (or could) apply to PvE, but I don't think people quite associate these the same."
    That's what Blizz said about this, Obviously, things can change, but I think it's fine the way it is.

Deleted
    They should stay on the character you earned it on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    Mind explaining why?

I dont see any reason not to have them account-wide.

The whole point of everything being account wide now was to have it be about the player, not the toon.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harleybane View Post
    Mind explaining why?

The whole point of everything being account wide now was to have it be about the player, not the toon.
    I already gave Blizzards explanation of why, look up and you'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    "The current feeling though is that if you earned a PvP mount on a specific character (class) it was a symbol of your PvP prowess with that particular class. I'm sure you could say that this should (or could) apply to PvE, but I don't think people quite associate these the same."
    That's what Blizz said about this, Obviously, things can change, but I think it's fine the way it is.
    I never liked Blizzard's reasoning because of the bolded. It is the same damn thing, just that PvE rewards are more accessible than PvP rewards since you can pay people to carry you by the end of the tier.

I'd rather Gladiator mounts go account wide. Only problem I could see with that is Blizzard messes up something so that you can trade characters, and by extension mounts, to different accounts a la beginning of MoP.

if they make the mounts account wide, then they better add the titles. I want to be a Warlord on all my toons

Quote Originally Posted by harleybane View Post
    Mind explaining why?

I'm actually inclined to agree. Some things are really rare, and since WoW makes a point of being accessible and allowing the maximum possible level of customization these days, it wouldn't be the worst idea. I mean, you earned the rare thing, it's not like it matters that much what character earned it. Would be a shame not to be able to show it off with most of your toons.

Yes, however it's not like the counter faction doesn't have a point as well. Difficult to decide.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I have some vanilla titles on a couple toons from making it into the officer ranks, but those titles are exclusive to the character. As cool as it would be to wear those earned titles on any toon, I respect that they are per-toon only. That means when I wear it (just like when you ride your mount), people will know that THIS toon has been around that long and earned that much respect in PVP.

Glad is different to PvE mounts as only a small percentage of the playerbase earns them at the end of a season, in PvE you can still earn that mount throughout the exp and have a chance at it dropping next expansion.

look at it this way the char you earned glad on worked through the whole season to earn that, your other chars did not and therfor are not skilled enough for that mount, PvP has always been character only and it should stay that way. I have vanilla High Warlord on my rogue that i never use.

In PvE its not hard to run several alts though end content so it makes sense for those mounts to be account wide, in PvP you could only run a few of your chars through and earn glad due to the amount of time you need to maintain the position and the end of the season where your chars will qualify for the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    Why? Are you saying all raid-earned mounts or drops should stay on that charakter too? Why can I have my meta mounts and drops account wide and not my pvp mounts? Why? Enlighten me to this logic.

(Charakter is technically right, btw, just pointing it out since you feel the need to point it out)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why can't we when PvE players can?"

Because there is a huge, huge difference between top-end PvP skill and top-end PvE skill. If you were/are one of the best PvP warriors in the world (e.g. ranked and got a mount) then your warrior should be the toon which reflects that.

I went quite far in classic PvP on one of my warriors, so I can mog her level 60 PvP gear, but not my druid's or draenei paladin's - and I totally get that. When you see my warrior running around, her stuff mogged to that gear, you know I went pretty far in classic. I didn't do that with my druid and obviously not with a draenei (who didn't exist in classic).

And since these things (along with the Gladiator mounts) are no longer obtainable, they have a different kind of prestige than legendaries, heroic raid gear from old expansions, etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Because there is a huge, huge difference between top-end PvP skill and top-end PvE skill. If you were/are one of the best PvP warriors in the world (e.g. ranked and got a mount) then your warrior should be the toon which reflects that.

What about Scarab Lord, Amani Warbear, Original ZG mounts? Why are they account-wide?

I'll refrase what you wrote: If you were/are one of the best PvP(PvE) warriors in the world (e.g. ranked and got a mount(Managed to get the Scarab Lord mount) then your warrior should be the toon which reflects that.

It makes no sense keeping Gladiator mounts charakter specific. I've said it twice and i'll say it again.. The whole point of everything being account wide now was to have it be about the player, not the toon.

The achievement itself tells you what charakter you earned the mount on, shouldnt that be enough?

My mount is just sitting there, collecting dust. Because i have no interest in playing my rogue. Shame.
    Last edited by mmoc4d7b96f32a; 2014-09-13 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

I went quite far in classic PvP on one of my warriors, so I can mog her level 60 PvP gear, but not my druid's or draenei paladin's - and I totally get that. When you see my warrior running around, her stuff mogged to that gear, you know I went pretty far in classic. I didn't do that with my druid and obviously not with a draenei (who didn't exist in classic).

And since these things (along with the Gladiator mounts) are no longer obtainable, they have a different kind of prestige than legendaries, heroic raid gear from old expansions, etc.
    Going far in classic pvp ladder = having no life and playing a lot, or having more than one person play the same character.

Also, even if one is to buy your reason that there is a huge difference between pvp skill and pve skill. Why is arena master not subject to the same rules?
    Last edited by Shuken; 2014-09-13 at 10:43 PM.