Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sully: ...Do you want a wood cutting axe, or a people killing axe?

Deleted
    I love the Lich King's fall dialogue, between Tirion Fordring, Bolvar and Terenas. Also:

Kingslayer Orkus runs to the table and attacks the Stormpike Battle Master, killing her instantly.
    Kingslayer Orkus yells: GET THE PLANS AND GO!
    Kingslayer Orkus charges the trio of Ivar Bloodfang, Balinda Stonehearth and Vanndar Stormpike and starts fighting.
    Kingslayer Orkus yells: CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE LOK'TAR IS COOKIN'?!
    Vanndar Stormpike yells: There's no gettin' away this time, orc! You've sung your last lok'tar!
    Kingslayer Orkus yells: KASHA, GET <name> OUT OF HERE!
    Kingslayer Orkus yells: FORGET ABOUT ME, KASHA! GO!
    Kasha flies on and picks you up, watching as Orkus' health drops, but flies around and picks him up before he dies, throwing him up to sit behind you.
    Kingslayer Orkus says: K... Kasha... you... came back for me...
    Kingslayer Orkus says: You are the best friend that Orkus has ever had, <name>. *Orkus coughs*
    Kingslayer Orkus says: I... I never knew anyone like you. You saved me, <name>. More than once. I... I know it's selfish, but I have something to ask of you.
    Kingslayer Orkus says: Please take care of Kasha. Make sure she finds a cold place to live.
    Kingslayer Orkus says: Somewhere safe...
    Kingslayer Orkus dies. Kasha later lands at Tarren Mill with you and Orkus' lifeless body.
    High Warlord Cromush says: What happened? What have you got in your hands there?
    High Warlord Cromush reads the Alliance battle plan.
    High Warlord Cromush says: He... He died to get this here?
    High Warlord Cromush lifts Orkus' lifeless body up.
    High Warlord Cromush says: Do not mourn Orkus. He died with honor... with pride. He died a hero of the Horde.
    High Warlord Cromush says: From Lordaeron to Kalimdor, they will know his name and they will sing songs of glory, praising the fallen champion of the Horde.
    High Warlord Cromush says: Know that what you did will save hundreds, maybe thousands of lives. You are also a true hero of the Horde, <name>.

Another one, Angrathar dialogue:

Highlord Fordragon: Arthas! The blood of your father, of your people, demands justice! Come forth, coward, and answer for your crimes!
    The Lich King: You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave and the true meaning of fear.
    Dranosh Saurfang: Enough talk! Let it be finished!
    Highlord Fordragon: You will pay for all the lives you've stolen, traitor.
    The Lich King: Boldly stated, but there is nothing you can—
    The Lich King: What?
    Grand Apothecary Putress: Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?
    Grand Apothecary Putress: Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!
    The Lich King: Sylvanas...
    Grand Apothecary Putress: Death to the Scourge! And death to the living!
    Highlord Fordragon: Fall back!
    The Lich King: This isn't over.
    Grand Apothecary Putress: Now, all can see this is the hour of the Forsaken.
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2014-09-13 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

6:45-9:20.

I'm also a fan of the headless horseman's audio.

"PREPARE YOURSELVES, THE BELLS HAVE TOLLED! SHELTER YOUR WEAK, YOUR YOUNG AND YOUR OLD! EACH OF YOU SHALL PAY THE FINAL SUM, CRY FOR MERCY! THE RECKONING HAS COME!"

Followed by that lovely evil laugh.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The conversation between Varok Saurfang and his son is also one of my favotires, very hearthbreaking:

High Overlord Saurfang yells: Kor'kron, move out! Champions, watch your backs. The Scourge have been...
    Deathbringer Saurfang yells: Join me, father. Join me and we will crush this world in the name of the Scourge -- for the glory of the Lich King!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: My boy died at the Wrath Gate. I am here only to collect his body.
    Deathbringer Saurfang yells: Stubborn and old. What chance do you have? I am stronger, and more powerful than you ever were.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: We named him Dranosh. It means "Heart of Draenor" in orcish. I would not let the warlocks take him. My boy would be safe, hidden away by the elders of Garadar.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I made a promise to his mother before she died; that I would cross the Dark Portal alone - whether I lived or died, my son would be safe. Untainted...
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Today, I fulfill that promise.
    High Overlord Saurfang charges!
    Deathbringer Saurfang yells: Pathetic old orc. Come then heroes. Come and face the might of the Scourge!

Deleted
    Orc Grunt: "No that goes against everything the Warchief (Thrall) teaches us, we cant let rage overcome us again! "
    Grom Hellscream: "No, warrior, we must embrace it as never before! We must become the vessels of destruction that we were meant to be!"

*Grom drinking the blood of Mannoroth, going RED and growing in size*

Grom Hellscream: "YES, i feel the power once again! Come my warrior, drink from these dark waters and you will be reborn!"

This is the Horde i always wanted. The vessels of destruction that would SCARE even Sargeras and his Legion!
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2014-09-13 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    "You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions I command!"

Oh and an honourable mention to "Wait--you...I remember you... In the mountains..."
    Last edited by mmoc2fd6c7cd1e; 2014-09-14 at 12:13 AM.

You have found your way here, because you are among the few gifted with true vision in a world cursed with blindness.
    You can see through the fog that hangs over this world like a shroud, and grasp where true power lies.
    Fix your eyes upon your crude hands: the sinew, the soft meat, the dark blood coursing within.
    It is a weakness; a crippling flaw.... A joke played by the Creators upon their own creations.
    The sooner you come to accept your condition as a defect, the sooner you will find yourselves in a position to transcend it.
    Through our Master, all things are possible. His power is without limit, and his will unbending.
    Those who oppose him will be destroyed utterly, and those who serve -- who serve wholly, unquestioningly, with utter devotion of mind and soul -- elevated to heights beyond your ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Times change.
    Brilliant!!

As a huge H. P. Lovecraft fan I'm especially enamoured to the Old Gods, and a particular delight was a reward from the archaeology profession in Cataclysm, namely Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron that would whisper (if I recall correctly) at random to the bearer:

In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep...
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...
    The drowned god's heart is black ice...
    At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    Mostly it's an homage to Lovecraft (of course as most of Old Gods' lore is in WoW) but I find the execution -the whispering to you, like you're going mad -is what makes me remember it so fondly.

~G

(EDIT) the full dialogue:

At the bottom of the ocean even light must die
    The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.
    There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
    Even death may die.
    There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
    All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
    What can change the nature of a man?
    The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
    You will all be alone in the end.
    Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.
    The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
    You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
    The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
    Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Jaina's dialogue in the Fate of Dalaran quests, since it changes depending on what you say to her. It's not a fork in the road, it just you having a halfway decent conversation with a faction leader and their responses changing depending on the player's own opinions. I want to see more of that in the future.

Lor'themar's narration of his backstory in 5.1 was good too. Gideon Emery is such a great VA. x.x

Kil'jaden's aggro dialogue is pretty good too. It's the right mix of conceitedness and confidence from the final boss.

Kil'jaeden yells: The expendable have perished... So be it! Now I shall succeed where Sargeras could not! I will bleed this wretched world and secure my place as the true master of the Burning Legion. The end has come! Let the unraveling of this world commence!
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-09-14 at 01:27 PM.

I love Falric's dialogue right before he becomes active to fight:
    "Men, women, and children. None were spared the master's wrath, your death will be no different."

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Brilliant!!

As a huge H. P. Lovecraft fan I'm especially enamoured to the Old Gods, and a particular delight was a reward from the archaeology profession in Cataclysm, namely Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron that would whisper (if I recall correctly) at random to the bearer:

Mostly it's an homage to Lovecraft (of course as most of Old Gods' lore is in WoW) but I find the execution -the whispering to you, like you're going mad -is what makes me remember it so fondly.

~G

(EDIT) the full dialogue:

At the bottom of the ocean even light must die
    The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.
    There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
    Even death may die.
    There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
    All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
    What can change the nature of a man?
    The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
    You will all be alone in the end.
    Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.
    The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
    Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
    You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
    The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
    Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.
    Stopped reading that because i am currently farming for almost everything archaeology. Cant wait to see them myself!
    Last edited by Uggies; 2014-09-14 at 01:46 PM.

Basically it is Yu'lon in the removed Quest "The Might of Three" and in the Twin Consorts Encounter: "you do not fight alone. Unleash my storm upon these invaders!"

gives me the shivers even thinking about it. Yu'lon has a great voice actress anyway, would love so hear her again in WOD.

this is the part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7ru9FGeeg#t=52

"Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh." -Yogg Saron

There is no good.

No evil.

No light.

There is only PAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Wilfred Fizzlebang's exchange with Jaraxxas, and the way that Lich King approaches Tirion at the start of their encounter, asking if he should lay down his weapon. Its delivered in such a mocking way, I love it.
    HAHA! I have done it! Behold the awesome power of Wilfred FIZZLEBANG! Master Summoner! You are bound to me, demon!

Jaraxxus: Trifling Gnome! Your arrogance will be your undoing!

Wilfred: But I'm in charge he- (INSIGNIFICANT GNAT). <- this was before they "fixed" the dialogue, the first time I did Jaraxxus, it perfected that entire conversation.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Some from the top of my head (there are so many great ones):

Quote Originally Posted by Marwyn
    The master surveyed his kingdom and found it... lacking. His judgement was swift and without mercy: DEATH TO ALL!
    Overthane Balargarde yells: STOP! Kneel you fools, it's the Lich King!
    The Lich King yells: Honor guard stay where you are.
    The Lich King yells: Vardmadra. I'd wondered where you disappeared to. How is Iskalder?
    Possessed Vardmadra yells: My lord.
    The Lich King yells: I see through your disguse, Lady Nightswood. YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN FOOL ME?!
    Possessed Vardmadra yells: But...!
    The Lich King strikes Vardmadra down
    The Lich King yells: You may continue your combat, overthane.
    Overthane Balargarde yells: But, my lord...?
    The Lich King yells: But nothing! Finish them! DO NOT FAIL ME, BALARGARDE!
    Overthane Balargarde yells: DIE DOGS!
    When the Lich King does that "DO NOT FAIL ME", it's one of his best voice acting sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    As a huge H. P. Lovecraft fan I'm especially enamoured to the Old Gods
    You are not H. P. Lovecraft fan. You are fan of slimy tentacle monsters. If you were H. P. Lovecraft you wouldnt like Old Gods, because they are an insult to his work.

"We named him Dranosh."

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    High Commander Halford Wyrmbane:

"Through the valleys and peaks of Mount Hyjal, across the shifting sands of Silithus, against the Legion's dread armies - we have fought. We are the nameless, faceless, sons and daughters of the Alliance. By the Light and by the might of the Alliance, the first strike belongs to us and the last strike is all that our enemies see.
    We are 7th Legion."
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Did you think we had forgiven? Did you think we have forgotten?