10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Reccommend me a good Video Card for WoW/WoD and D3/RoS

I have an Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset on my Desktop. Everything else is up to snuff for WoD and RoS.

I'm looking to step up my playing time of D3 (got a free copy thanks to the Annual Pass) and even though my current video card runs the WoD Beta fine, I wanna just get a new video card now to avoid problems later.

I'd like to keep it under $100 but can go as high as $150 if need be. Amazon preferred as well.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you using now.

At $100 there isn't anything worth recommending, at $150, a GTX 750Ti or R7-265 with rebates, however, you aren't going to get the full benefits of any newer card as your chipset and CPU are your bottleneck.

Deleted
    my Gpu atm, is hd radeon 6850 (its like 70euro) can play wow full ultra 1920/1080 +40 fps world 10m raid/30+ , at this point i wonder why in the god name i waste 450euro on r9 290x when this one can hold wow 30+ fps, if you are on a budget i recomand hd radeon 6850

Quote Originally Posted by Arks View Post
    my Gpu atm, is hd radeon 6850 (its like 70euro) can play wow full ultra 1920/1080 +40 fps world 10m raid/30+ , at this point i wonder why in the god name i waste 450euro on r9 290x when this one can hold wow 30+ fps, if you are on a budget i recomand hd radeon 6850
    for a budget...but if the man has a limit on what he can spend, why not let them buy the best they can for the money. I agree with moremana on his suggestion but keep in mind, BLACK FRIDAY is coming and or CYBER MONDAY, however you want to put it. Newegg and TigerDirect will be full of great deals on powerful cards!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arks View Post
    That thought also cropped in my mind but I hate recommending old parts, drawback is if he updates his mb and cpu later hes now stuck with a old vc. So I wouldnt recommend that.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Sorry for the delay. Had to find the thread after it was moved XD

I'm using a premade Windows 7 (Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1) Desktop Machine. It has a Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz and a 2GB Manufacturer00 800MHz x2 (one in each slot so 4GB total).

I'm not in a rush or anything like that as my laptop can run D3 fine. At present the highest I can go is $150 but assuming my holiday bonus comes on the day after Thanksgiving, my spending budget will be twice that.

Hope this helps.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Go on Ebay and search for Radeon HD 7850. There's a ton of them due to people used them for Bitcoins. They go for about $90.

This 750 ti for $139.99 with a $10 rebate or this 750 for $119.39 with a $10 rebate should fit the bill in regards to the GPU, though the CPU in that system is pretty bad so I wouldn't expect too much when things get CPU-intensive(which WoW very much is).

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Go on Ebay and search for Radeon HD 7850. There's a ton of them due to people used them for Bitcoins. They go for about $90.
    The main problem with that would be the chance of the GPU being damaged from the mining and having no warranty plus the increased power draw on a system that 99% likely has a crappy PSU to begin with and the 7850 requiring a PCI power connector.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-09-14 at 07:12 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    This 750 ti for $139.99 with a $10 rebate or this 750 for $119.39 with a $10 rebate should fit the bill in regards to the GPU, though the CPU in that system is pretty bad so I wouldn't expect too much when things get CPU-intensive(which WoW very much is).
    You'd be surprised.

It's an HP Machine and it handles alot worse. Startup to login screen's only 10 seconds with another 10 from login to interface.

I haven't had any problems running WoW, the WoD Beta, Starcraft II or the Heroes of the Storm Alpha (I don't play HS) so this is more of an upgrade than an replacement XD

Something about my HP machines...I have a 10 year old laptop (upgraded from XP to Windows 7) that despite its age, it runs Starcraft II and MoP just fine XD