Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So about the level 100 talents for Elemental?

Have anyone tried them? I have at some, is it just me that think they are one of the boring level 100 spells out there? I mean for PVP is only obvious to take Elemental Fusion as the others are Totems and will get destroyed in a second. (Well probaly not with the Storm Elemental Totem)

But as for PVE? Which do you guys think it's the best choice damage wise? I'm still pretty new on Elemental shaman in WoD, I have a 90.

I get the impression that either Storm Elemental Totem or Liquid Magma is the best choice for PVE, but 5 minutes cooldown on Storm Elemental Totem doesn't seem to great.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2014-09-15 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    I haven't PVPed as elemental in two expansions so I don't know, but I would take Storm Elemental with Primal Elementalist: it provides a knockdown effect and permanent sprint as long as you stay close to the elemental. However, last time I checked on the beta the S.E. was severely undertuned (at least for Resto, which is my main spec).

For PVE Liquid Magma did demented damage in dungeons. It will probably get nerfed. The high CD on SE is not a problem if its damage was up-to-par. We'll see, I feel like they really haven't done a final pass on those talents.

Deleted
    If numbers were perfect, I think in PvE the choice would be

- Liquid Magma for fights with any kind of stacked up damage, either cleave or flat out AoE.

- Storm Elemental as a niche. When you need Utility/if you have PE/if there is a particular phase that you need to burn down quickly

- Elemental Fusion default

I think the LM and EF choices are in the right place now that LM got nerfed on single target. However, SE still feels a bit *too* niche. I like the idea, I just feel the execution has left it so that its just plain weaker than the other two in most scenarios. EF is better for movement. LM is better for AoE, and is pretty good for single target burst too. A fight like Spine of Deathwing say, where you have regular need for high burst damage, LM would be just better (though because of the amount of crap going on in that fight, it might actually not be, but whatever).

In PvP, I think its a very similar scenario. SE could be useful in triple DPS comps maybe, and LM does pretty good damage (everyone was using it before the nerf), but EF will be the baseline go too.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    However, SE still feels a bit *too* niche. I like the idea, I just feel the execution has left it so that its just plain weaker than the other two in most scenarios.
    The problem i have with SET is that this talent feels so random there, i know some people were asking for a Air Elemental but personally i don't enjoy this Talent at all.

First off, it is in a PvE scenario just like FE, it deals damage over a minute, fin.
    It blocks your Air totems which are pretty important in PvP, thereby forces you to take Totemic persistence and by forcing i don't mean the good synergy but rather to retain the ability to drop Capacitator / Grounding without a greater consequence.
    The Utility granted by SeT is also lacking, the heal split over a full minute isn't doing much, you'd rather want it as a short timed burst healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    In PvP, I think its a very similar scenario. SE could be useful in triple DPS comps maybe, and LM does pretty good damage (everyone was using it before the nerf), but EF will be the baseline go too.
    I think PvP will take EF in almost any scenario, hardhitting Fulmination, Lvb generating LS charges and hardhitting shocks will favor EF.

Deleted
    "Elemental Fusion as default..."

Just quit, please. Tired of that bullshit. It doesnt provide the numbers, nor does it even work with the mechanics of Elemental, let alone the T17 bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post

Just quit, please. Tired of that bullshit. It doesnt provide the numbers, nor does it even work with the mechanics of Elemental, let alone the T17 bonus.
    "If numbers were perfect"

Reading is hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    "If numbers were perfect"

Reading is hard.
    Yes, reading is indeed hard, since I was talking of the mechanic.

Good grief, you're unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post

think out of the box. there where enough people who thought about using FrS instead of ES when you have EF stacks and can't/won't use ES cause of T17.

So Liquid Magma now does less damage than Searing Totem? What? It maybe has a increase attack speed, otherwise there is no use for it, only in AOE.
    Now Elemental Fusion is the best choice for damage wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    think out of the box. there where enough people who thought about using FrS instead of ES when you have EF stacks and can't/won't use ES cause of T17.
    Actual viable application and brainstorming about avoiding a design error are two different things. Elemental Fusion doesnt work with our Fulmination mechanic, nor with our Tier bonuses. I'm fine if its only viable for PvP, but I'm not happy about it - its another wasted talent added to an already long list of wasted, clunky and broken talents of this class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    So Liquid Magma now does less damage than Searing Totem? What? It maybe has a increase attack speed, otherwise there is no use for it, only in AOE.
    I think that is the intended design of LM though. Storm Elemental for niche situations (though I currently heavily dislike it, just saying from a design intention PoV) where you might need a little bit of healing, or you want to burst through a particular phase of a fight and LM for heavy AoE, then Elemental Fusion as the default choice. That seems fine to me.

I think it is pretty unreasonable to expect every talent to be usable in every situation, so I feel it makes more sense to more heavily tie each talent too their niche, so they excel more in that particular scenario.

The healing from Storm Elemental is pointless. "WE NEED HEALING" "Okey wait one minute for him to give that extra heals!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    The healing from Storm Elemental is pointless. "WE NEED HEALING" "Okey wait one minute for him to give that extra heals!"
    I agree, its current implementation means that it can't really put out much healing without being incredibly overpowered (1 minute of sustained, powerful, essentially passive healing would be pretty insane). I just wish they would go one way or the other with it. Make it fully about movement utility + damage, or fully a healing + damage pet, not a mix of all three.

I don't like how the short range movespeed works on it with PE either, so I'd rather it worked purely as a healing Elemental. The only way I could see it being useful as a movement utility ability would be if it periodically (including upon initial placing) cast mini-stampeding roars to make the whole raid go zoom zoom. That I think would be a really cool utility spell I think, and would be worth using in some situations even if it did less damage than the other two options (it would have too, or it would be too versatile and would become the best option). The whole 'jack-of-all-trades' theme doesn't work I feel when you try to shoehorn it all in too one ability. It ends up with none of the facets of the spell working well.

They should just bake primal elementalist into elementals naturally and give us SET, and then give us a new 90 talent where PE was and replace SET talent with a talent that allows two ele totems at one time

so we cant pop both fire and storm elemental at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    so we cant pop both fire and storm elemental at the same time?
    no
    same limitation you have with fire and earth elemental. the issue seems the pet system which allows only one pet per time which is under full control and because PE exists we suffer from this too.

Deleted
    I found Liquid Magma with Primal Ele was decent vs 2v2 Cleaves where you can barely cast.
    Storm Ele seems underwhelming and another 5 min CD *Yawn*
    And the shock talent was ok, working well with frozen power but then its damage got reduced.

I agree the 100 talent tier isn't very exciting nor do I find them impactful enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liquid Magma just seems like it wouldn't see the light of day in a PvP environment, in my opinion. So long as it's linked to a totem that's so easily killed, you're going to be wasting a 45 second cooldown if you account for any half-decent enemy player's actions. Its up time would be minimal, which leads me to choosing one of the other two talents.

I just wish all three were re-made, but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Liquid Magma just seems like it wouldn't see the light of day in a PvP environment, in my opinion. So long as it's linked to a totem that's so easily killed, you're going to be wasting a 45 second cooldown if you account for any half-decent enemy player's actions. Its up time would be minimal, which leads me to choosing one of the other two talents.
    I think the major problem in general with Liquid magma is the random portion of it.

On Beastlord it was so annoying to see a few Magma bolts fly into some lone spears instead of the boss or AoE Adds.

In PvP the talent could be abused to break certain cc's like Blind / Poly by stacking up on each other.