Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I love it. Lots of good games and the 3D effect can be fun (I like it). I have a 3DS XL and its lovely. Wont buy the new 3DS thats coming if they dont release one that is Zelda themed.

I love it. The 3DS has some amazing games on it. I still have a ton of 3DS games that are in their wrappers because I don't have the time to play them all... My only gripe with the 3DS is that the screen is horrible compared to my Vita. I don't care for the graphics but that...screen. The original NDS didn't have this problem.

Can't wait for Pokemon Gen 3 remake! Now we just need a sequel to Advance Wars: Dual Strike as I wasn't a fan of Intelligent Systems recent Fire Emblem Awakening. Oh and a Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective like game! Maybe even a new Golden Sun.

I don't have one but at least Nintendo supports their handhelds unlike *cough* Sony... really with the memory card prices? REALLY? Fucking ridiculous. Vita has been out for like 2-3 years and you basically need to import a 64GB mem card and pay $100 for it. Sorry, shameless rant about a cool looking piece of hardware that I bought SPECIFICALLY to play PSO2, that's basically become a $200 paper weight collecting dust (I guess you could use it to play PS4 while you are taking a dump?). The New "New" 3DS' look cool, I would definitely pick one up if they come to NA in some decent colors (another thing Sony completely screws NA over on).

Never again will I buy a Sony handheld, Nintendo all the way in the portable market. Although the total lack of a proper Metroid game is quite troublesome, because they aren't gonna sell me with Pokemon...

Deleted
    The 3D is pretty much a gimmick and I never use it personally but I love the console itself. It has many awesome games and it's perfect if you spend time on public transportation every day.

However, I'm not going to get the new one once it comes out because I feel it's going to be exactly what the DSi was, i.e a small upgrade that's going to have just a handful of "exclusive" games.
    Last edited by mmoc537fc98e49; 2014-09-19 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    I don't have one but at least Nintendo supports their handhelds unlike *cough* Sony... really with the memory card prices? REALLY? Fucking ridiculous. Vita has been out for like 2-3 years and you basically need to import a 64GB mem card and pay $100 for it. Sorry, shameless rant about a cool looking piece of hardware that I bought SPECIFICALLY to play PSO2, that's basically become a $200 paper weight collecting dust (I guess you could use it to play PS4 while you are taking a dump?). The New "New" 3DS' look cool, I would definitely pick one up if they come to NA in some decent colors (another thing Sony completely screws NA over on).

Never again will I buy a Sony handheld, Nintendo all the way in the portable market. Although the total lack of a proper Metroid game is quite troublesome, because they aren't gonna sell me with Pokemon...
    Sony supported the Vita pretty hard with AAA titles, it didn't establish an install base worth making them anymore and they stopped. It has however carved out a nice niche for japanese games and is doing well in that regard, and is well supported even here by localizations from NISA, Aksys and Xseed.

You can't blame Sony for stopping support, they tried. Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, Little Big Planet, Tearaway, Gravity Rush all made by studios that could have been making ps3/ps4 games. Saying they didn't try is flat out wrong.

I do agree the memory for vita is ridiculous, but at the same time don't even care because I go physical if I have the option.

I do feel sorry for you that you bought a console soley waiting on a localization from sega. Never, ever in your life make that mistake again.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-09-16 at 12:57 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rushed product.

Shit battery life - /w charge time longer than the battery life. LOL.
    Poor ergonomics - edges cut into your hands; let's not talk about the missing 2nd analog stick that is now added on the newer versions as a tiny nub.
    Gimmicky - it's Nintendo, what's new?

Generally an insult to their fans - who they over-charge by $60 and give a bunch of 20 year old games as compensation.

It sold because it was Nintendo. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Rushed product.

Poor ergonomics - edges cut into your hands; let's not talk about the missing 2nd analog stick that is now added on the newer versions as a tiny nub.

Generally an insult to their fans - who they over-charge by $60 and give a bunch of 20 year old games as compensation.

This post is so wrong I don't know where to begin...
    First off, if you're charging ANYTHING longer than it's battery life, you're doing something very wrong...probably including playing with 3D pumped up and wifi on, and even then, that's not gonna cause that short of a battery life.

Second off, sure it can be a bit weird to hold for a bit, but "cutting into your hands"? What, did you attach razors to yours, because mine has curved edges. Also they believed the analog stick wasn't needed at first. Consider how many games people actually used the Circle Pro on (Spoiler, it's only Monster Hunter really), I'd say they were right. Now going forward, for the new 3DS, they probably plan on using it more.

Lastly, that's still more than any other company gives when they cut the price of their system, or even get oh, I dunno, their systems hacked and data leaked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rushed product.

1.- Battery life -> 6 hrs is quite good, most notebooks give you what... 6 hrs?
    2.- Poor ergonomics -> Circle pad pro fixes most issues, at first it was uncomfy, but you get used to it, havent tried XL yet tho.
    3.- Gimmicky? you dont even need to use the 3d, i'd call it innovative, im fucking tired of consoles saying "we're next gen!" when their hardware can easily be beaten by my 3y/o pc.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a very solid console with a lot of awesome games. If you don't care about the 3D it is always possible to buy the cheaper 2DS (the one I have), and still have a blast.

And the most important feature: Pokemon!!
    Arukas

I bought one for my little brother, and he is satisfied with it.

Rushed product.

Battery life on mine is pretty good, not sure what system you are playing. I can play mine for hours on end without having to charge it.

Don't talk ergonomics to me, I have huge hands and this thing still plays comfortably. Both the regular and the XL versions. And as for the second analog: Circle pad pro.

People keep using this word...."Gimmick". No, it is not a gimmick, since the touch/second screen are part of the system and are used in every game. It would only be a gimmick if it was hardly ever used at all. A gimmick would be something like the Kinect that Microsoft tried to pass off as required, only for it to turn out that it was not required (and is now sold without one), and hardly supported by titles.

Over charged?? They didn't overcharge anything. I was one of the original 3DS owners and am in the "Ambassador" club. While I was a bit upset at first, I quickly got over it. And do you want to know why? Pretty much any other company out there would have given squat in compensation, and here is Nintendo giving us a bunch of AAA titles from the past for free.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Rushed product.

Lmfao.

Kindly go back underneath the bridge from whence you came, and take your Vita with you.