Deleted

Bitfenix Prodigy M need help with parts

Hello, this is my first time ever building a computer, so i would like to get help with what parts i should get. The budget is around 1400$
    I want the build to include i5 4690k 3.5ghz, Asus gtx 780. I'm from sweden so i will be using swedish websites, this is what i have found so far.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy M
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87M-G43
    GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780 3GB
    CPU: i5 4690k 3.5ghz
    CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H55
    PSU: Corsair CS650M 650W 80+ Gold
    SSD :Samsung 840 EVO Series 250gb

I'm not sure if the Motherboard, or the PSU is good enough, the cheaper, the better. I will be using RAM from my old computer so thats not an issue, but if you're able to squeeze in 8GB of RAM, and still keep it under the budget it would be super!
    Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I went with BitFenix, good case indeedy. PSU is good, all about 80+ Gold/Plats. Could always drop the GPU go with 970 when it comes out and save some dolla or ofc 770. I think 8GB RAM would be pretty nice and I strongly suggest most gamers who tend to do multitasking at the same time. For instance myself, I can easily eat up 6GB, I just love t extra ovearheads.
    -K

Deleted
    I wouldn't buy a corsair psu unless its the RM/AX series. Maybe if you could provide us the website you buying, to give you a recommendation from there.The rest as a setup seems ok. As mister k said you could wait for the 970, similar performance for less money, should be around 300euro.

I don't know if you have the case already but i didn't really like it myself when i bought it. Having the mobo upside down is weird enough plus having the psu at front. If you looking for a micro build i would suggest the Corsair 350D or Fractal Design Arc Mini R2.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Or, if you REALLY like the prodigy, I would stick with the ITX variant. (just adding to Kostattoo's comment)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Just to add...probably worth get a Z97 motherboard instead of a Z87 one. If you want an MSI in particular, the Z97M Gaming is decent:

http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/Z97M_GA...#hero-overview
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans

Deleted
    Indeed good catch, totaly missed it, you need the Z97 one not Z87.

Is your memory from your old computer compitable with the MB that you selected?

Deleted
    What, you made an account just to bump a 3 week old thread?