Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing Yogg Saron 25 - 0 Keepers - Having issues.

So I've decided to try to solo this boss with my hunter (Survival, ilvl 552) and started working on it. After 2-3 failures I go to see how other people are doing it and the videos I see are essencially different fights to what I'm doing. What do I mean?

Well I clear first phase and then I kill the corruptors and crushers (Assuming I don't get assraped by bad RNG) and I enter the brain phase with outside completely clear, kill the adds on the inside and take the brain down to start phase 3. Now I've also worked out I need to dismiss my pet because it will just bug out if I dont and it's game over.

This is the point I have issue, all the videos I see they get outside for P3 and kill off 1 crusher before dpsing the boss down... I get outside and I have 2 corruptors and 2 crushers, often on opposite sides to each other. So I spend the phase doing no damage (40% debuff from crushers), being constantly slowed/stunned and losing control of my character... Meanwhile adds are building up like some automated factory is spitting them out and I've still done no damage to the boss. So next I'm trying to position my pet so that the boss doesn't heal up and I'm stuck with a tossup of try to dps the boss to kill him or dps the adds so my pet doesn't die.

The problem is that all the videos I watch don't include this bit, they jump out and kill off 1 crusher and then blow cooldowns to zerg the boss... Why has it never ever been like that for me? I feel like I need to bang my head against the wall and just hope for luck to win.

Either I am missing something important or this fight is completely based on RNG as to how difficult it is to solo.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-09-16 at 05:48 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    So I've decided to try to solo this boss with my hunter (Survival, ilvl 552) and started working on it. After 2-3 failures I go to see how other people are doing it and the videos I see are essencially different fights to what I'm doing. What do I mean?

Well I clear first phase and then I kill the corruptors and crushers (Assuming I don't get assraped by bad RNG) and I enter the brain phase with outside completely clear, kill the adds on the inside and take the brain down to start phase 3. Now I've also worked out I need to dismiss my pet because it will just bug out if I dont and it's game over.

This is the point I have issue, all the videos I see they get outside for P3 and kill off 1 crusher before dpsing the boss down... I get outside and I have 2 corruptors and 2 crushers, often on opposite sides to each other. So I spend the phase doing no damage (40% debuff from crushers), being constantly slowed/stunned and losing control of my character... Meanwhile adds are building up like some automated factory is spitting them out and I've still done no damage to the boss. So next I'm trying to position my pet so that the boss doesn't heal up and I'm stuck with a tossup of try to dps the boss to kill him or dps the adds so my pet doesn't die.

The problem is that all the videos I watch don't include this bit, they jump out and kill off 1 crusher and then blow cooldowns to zerg the boss... Why has it never ever been like that for me? I feel like I need to bang my head against the wall and just hope for luck to win.

Either I am missing something important or this fight is completely based on RNG as to how difficult it is to solo.
    Do it as a non-BM spec for better results. Once you get to p2 and are in the brain room, put AMoC on the brain around 50%, then leave the room and finish off as many crushers/corruptors as possible. Put your pet away from the boss on passive, and MD-spam all incoming adds to it, while doing your best to keep it up. Tenacity is obv best, as well as Mending glyph. Blow all cooldowns once you enter p3 and you should have it.

Also, Posthaste is your friend here. The movement speed is indispensable getting between Crushers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I do this fight every week as BM. I am 587 so it's probably a bit skewed compared to your experience at 552, but I basically kill everything before I go into a portal. AFAIK, a corrupter/crusher should spawn about 10-15 seconds before the portal, you need to kill the corrupter, then you'll get gripped, your pet should one shot the constrictor, then you go in. Make sure you interrupt black plagues and apathy, that can seriously fuck with your ability to kill tentacles in time.

You come out, you kill one crusher, you zerg the boss with Stampede. KC is also useful, because you can cast it during lunatic gazes with your back to the boss.

Nothing spawns when I'm inside the brain room. I don't know why things are spawning for you. There's literally nothing for me to kill when I come out. Maybe it's a damage check sort of thing, at 552 you're probably not doing the brain room as fast as I am. Is your pet outside spawning things, or is it coming through the portal with you? What do SV hunters even do with their pets on this fight? IDK. But if a crusher is up, melee attacks interrupt the despair, so your pet should be able to break it and almost instantly kill it just by itself, in BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What do SV hunters even do with their pets on this fight?
    The pet is on "tentacle duty". His job to free o helpless me from the clutches of doom.

10+ Year Old Account
    if a crusher is up, melee attacks interrupt the despair
    Snake Trap does this as well for approx 16s. Useful if more than one is up and you need to reserve pet focus for a Constrictor in a few seconds (A Wild Hunt Basic will instantly kill a Constrictor if above approx 535 ilevel) or you're otherwise unable to immediately deal with it, but need to get the debuff gone.
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Cheers for the replies - Gonna get on this tonight as soon as I get home. One thing that did not occur to me was leave the brain room early to try to finish off the crushers/corruptors while they are frozen and taking extra damage (timing that could be tricky, as I could end up with another brain phase and be in the same situation), though still I'm not sure if this is going to help if I have 4 to deal with on opposite sides. Either way it's a start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the replies - Gonna get on this tonight as soon as I get home. One thing that did not occur to me was leave the brain room early to try to finish off the crushers/corruptors while they are frozen and taking extra damage (timing that could be tricky, as I could end up with another brain phase and be in the same situation), though still I'm not sure if this is going to help if I have 4 to deal with on opposite sides. Either way it's a start.
    AMoC will do enough damage over its 30 second duration to guarantee that you don't get anything more than another wave of tentacles. If you're in doubt, toss up SrS and BA before leaving the brain room for extra insurance.
    *bro fist*

I always delay going into the portals when they first spawn to DPS down the existing tentacles as much as possible, leaving them with dots up to finish. When you go into the portal and get to the brain room I generally will leave there around 35-40% leaving dots to finish the last 10% or so. That buys you a little bit of extra time to burn down any tentacles that are left over. I think that must be why you have 2 tentacles up when you come back out, because you aren't DPSing the one that spawns at the same time as the portals, before you go in, another will spawn while you're in there. You can get a bit unlucky with being perma stunned and end up missing the first lot of portals, don't worry about it just keep clearing tentacles until the next set spawn.

Nice tip is to stand on top of you pet at range and bind misdirection to spells that you spam so it's pretty much always up. That way cloak procs and mend pets etc will keep aggro on pet.

You want to focus DPS on the boss as much as possible in the last phase, so I generally will ignore the gaze unless my sanity is getting to around 30 then I will start turning my back on it. During that time it's worthwhile chucking 1-2 multishots on the adds that your pet is tanking. The more HP they have the more damage that they do, so keeping them at 1hp helps your pet stay alive. But if you burst the boss fast enough, then decent management of last stand and cower and maintaining mend pet should be fine for this job and you won't need to focus on DPSing the adds much at all.

So I just got back in here and I've noticed the biggest issue. A spell casted by the corruptors (can be interupted).

"Apathy" - Reduces movement speed by 60% and increases attack/cast speed by 60%. Lasts I think 15 seconds.

So i've got no focus regen and I can barely cast a Cobra shot as it takes too long (get stunned by the other ability during cast), and while this is up my pet can take up to 10 seconds to free me from the constrictors. Even with blink strikes it's just not reliable enough, I also don't understand why my pet is not doing damage from "30 yards" away as the talent describes. so for that reason I have to keep him on passive so he's next to me to release me, he one shots the Constrictor when no apathy is on him.

I'm having worse luck today than last night, you get that perma stunned thing going on where you're stunned, then constricted, then stunned, then constricted and by that point you have Corruptors and Crushers everywhere. With 2 Crushers up the damage debuff is so heavy that between the stuns and the apathy casts it's time to reset the fight. And all this is purely down to RNG luck.

The times I do get to phase 3 again I'm struggling with the original issue which is to kill the remaining Corrupters/Crushers and then do damage to the boss.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-09-16 at 08:23 PM.

Apathy is from the corrupters, and it's pretty key to interrupt it.

Apathy is from the corrupters, and it's pretty key to interrupt it.
    I'm aware of that, but you can't always interupt it, if you're out of range and then get constricted you're pretty screwed. I wish I understood how the mechanics were for the spawns, my last P3 attempt I came outside and I had 2 Corrupters and 2 Crushers, and that point is like already a wipe.

My best attempts were to get him down to about 4million remaining health, but it was purely out of luck. So far there is no real method to this madness. It's made so so much worse by buggy pets, on one attempt my pet got stuck inside the middle of the brain room (the part where you enter and kill adds) and was just stood there, didn't follow me in. And so I couldn't dismiss him, so when I got outside it was already over.

Its extremely annoying that the pet just disapears into thin air when you leave the brain room, but can't be dismissed.

Edit : Another example - I go inside with 1 Crusher left with a dot on it, it spawned just as the Brain Spawns, I come out for P3 and there are 2 Crushers at my exit point, the opposite side I have 3 Corruptors. 1/3 Attempts my pet bugs out and appears to not join me in the brain room. Tonight has been a nightmare, the game is serving up torture in terms of RNG. Actually gone backwards from my first attempt last night and have spent a good 1hour wiping now.

Can't those bloody things just spawn on the same side for once?
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-09-16 at 09:05 PM.

If your pet isn't going into the brain with you, it's probably spawning tentacles outside. Make sure it's on passive and following you when you go inside, if you go inside and it's not there, use master's call then passive it to get it near you or something.

Make sure it's on passive and following you when you go inside, if you go inside and it's not there, use master's call then passive it to get it near you or something.
    That doesn't work, when it happens the Masters Call is red (unusable) and the pet is seemingly nowhere, you cannot dismiss it nor can you summon it and the pet bar disapears. It's the same issue that happens when I'm leaving the brain portal, if you dont dismiss him then that will also happen outside. My best so far is to get him down to 2million health, a little more gear and i'd have had him on that attempt. 2 hours at it now and the majority of attempts end in me resetting/wiping because of bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your pet isn't going into the brain with you, it's probably spawning tentacles outside. Make sure it's on passive and following you when you go inside, if you go inside and it's not there, use master's call then passive it to get it near you or something.
    Pet being outside isnt what spawns tentacles. Tentacles do not stop spawning until the Brain chamber (read: all the influence tentacles are dead) is open.
    *bro fist*

The bastard thing is dead, screw that for a farm though. The amount of buggy pet issues has driven me up the wall and the brutal RNG that can both make or break an attempt is just so frustrating. I'l definitely go back there with some more gear, but not as I am.. Because I'm at the mercy of the RNG gods completely.

Cheers for the tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bastard thing is dead, screw that for a farm though. The amount of buggy pet issues has driven me up the wall and the brutal RNG that can both make or break an attempt is just so frustrating. I'l definitely go back there with some more gear, but not as I am.. Because I'm at the mercy of the RNG gods completely.

Cheers for the tips.
    Oh cmon, It's not that bad. It's no Ultraxion.
    *bro fist*

15+ Year Old Account
    How faceroll will the fight be at 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    How faceroll will the fight be at 100?
    It's doable probably between anywhere from 540-550 Ilvl right now, maybe lower depending on how lucky you get. It's all about luck with the tentacle spawn location/timing and which spells they decide to cast. If you have high end gear (like 570+) i'd imagine it would be much smoother and as soon as 6.0 hits I think it will be a complete walkover due to the buff.

And thats at 90, nevermind 100. I tried soloing a few bosses on the beta with a lvl90 ilvl500 premade and it WOTLK content is completely faceroll as you're critting well in excess of 1-2million on a regular basis with the buff.

A good trick to get your pet to appear by your side if it's stuck somewhere is to toggle between passive and assist once or twice. I've never seen this not work even through completely unpathable terrain.

That said, I've also never seen a case where the pet/pet action bar despawns but you also can't revive it or just summon it again (or a different pet). I used to force my pet to despawn on Siegecrafter Blackfuse by sending him across the room to attack Blackfuse while I went up on the pipe. It despawns at >100 yards from you, which allowed me to summon a different pet with Rabid off of cooldown without needing to spend 3 seconds dismissing. Never had any problems being unable to resummon a pet, though I guess it could be something specific to Yogg-Saron?

And yeah, 25 man 0 lights is very simple at heroic ilvls right now. I tried it last night out of curiosity, and at ~587 I did it easily on the first try just attacking stuff as it came up, using AMOC on the brain at like 45%, exiting to kill another tentacle or two, and then zerging down Yogg-Saron while keeping serpent sting on the adds. I think it died around the time of the first beacon, and that was slower than it could have been. At 100 it will be a walkover.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    A good trick to get your pet to appear by your side if it's stuck somewhere is to toggle between passive and assist once or twice. I've never seen this not work even through completely unpathable terrain.

That said, I've also never seen a case where the pet/pet action bar despawns but you also can't revive it or just summon it again (or a different pet). I used to force my pet to despawn on Siegecrafter Blackfuse by sending him across the room to attack Blackfuse while I went up on the pipe. It despawns at >100 yards from you, which allowed me to summon a different pet with Rabid off of cooldown without needing to spend 3 seconds dismissing. Never had any problems being unable to resummon a pet, though I guess it could be something specific to Yogg-Saron?

And yeah, 25 man 0 lights is very simple at heroic ilvls right now. I tried it last night out of curiosity, and at ~587 I did it easily on the first try just attacking stuff as it came up, using AMOC on the brain at like 45%, exiting to kill another tentacle or two, and then zerging down Yogg-Saron while keeping serpent sting on the adds. I think it died around the time of the first beacon, and that was slower than it could have been. At 100 it will be a walkover.
    I also had a bug with AMOC where it would not let me cast it on the brain, so I dropped that instantly and went back to Blink Strikes.

On a seperate note my character is now at ilvl555 and I decided to try to solo LK 25man HC.. Once I'd figured out you could LOS the infest it was easy. I died a couple times to having necrotic plague hit me at the same time as infest and tried to control the damage with a combination of deterance + liberation glyph (5% heal on disengage), but then figured out I could completely negate infest. Next issue was that I wiped due to the Valks throwing me off, so as per advice I used distracting shot on one of the raging spirits, which worked like a charm and it was an easy kill from there.

25m LK HC is considerably easier than Yogg 25 with 0 keepers, something I really wasn't expecting. The main thing with Yogg is that it's very RNG heavy and each attempt varies greatly in difficulty, I'd imagine with high levels of gear that is no longer a problem because you can brute force a lot of the issues.