Torment progression block

So I've hit a wall in Torment progression. I can currently walk all over T3 with little to no worries (except anything Arcane Enchanted, oh my I hate that ability) but T4 seems to be such a big jump in incoming damage, I can manage a Rift or a set of bounties but they involve a lot of death and frustration.

Any tips available? I realise I don't have full sets and I'm sure that'll make a big difference but it can't possibly be the difference between T3/Rank 18 GRifts and T6/Rank 30 GRifts... Can it? I feel I'm doing something wrong with my characters.

Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/R.../hero/45799621

Looking for help for both Barbarian and Crusader, they're both stuck in T3 and Grifts <20.

Sets make all the difference in the world. Keep farming what you can until the game inevitably gives you the gear you need.

you've actually got some nice gear. I reckon if you get a blackthorns belt you should be able to go further with T4 without it being to difficult. I mean I'm fairly new to my crusader, but from the looks of it, I wouldn't have thought that you would struggle with T4 with your current gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, maybe try rerolling the vitality on the wep for % damage? you have quite a bit of health and could likely afford to lose some.

Deleted
    I'm going to be replying on your Crusader as I really don't have experience with Barbs.

You should probably stop going for Rolands set if you want to do high Grifts or get to T6 fast and just finish the Akkhan set (I see your 4 and 4 set bonus combination).
    The set is kind of bad for now since it gives you nothing but damage and Wrath problems, compared to Akkhan set that gives you Damage, removes your wrath problems, and gives potentially 150% more armor.

Oh and you definitively need to get a Crusader weapon.
    And change your helm gem into a Diamond, you really need that CDR to stay alive (If possible, 56% CDR or close to it with the Akkhan 6 piece for 100% uptime Akarat's).
    You need to get Crit chance on your shield.
    Need to replace that neck with one that has Crit damage.
    Your RORG is kind of bad, might want to try get one with CDR or crit dmg and a socket.
    I wonder why you have that poison gem on your ring? It's basically the slower version of Mirinae that doesn't benefit from your Holy damage.

Nothing found I didn't already mention, or someone else here didn't.

Finish your Akkhan 6 set piece, then try to get a legendary that has some special effect (example being Maximus or Scourge) that you can use until you get a Fate of the Fell for the Holy Shotgun or Heart Slaughter/Furnace with Unrelenting Phalanx for the horseshotgun.

Obviously there are more builds like the Darklight Fist of the Heavens builds, or the Unrelenting Phalanx/Eternal Union pet build that work up to T6, but they are kind of lacking for higher Greater Rifts and such.
    Last edited by mmocb00de5a34b; 2014-09-16 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    ^ I dont get it why are you using Vacuum instead of Unleash. I get the Strongarm bracer but isnt it better to spam Condemn?

Your weapon is probably your worst piece of gear. Like, it's not awful gear, but it doesn't have that oomph that you're looking for in a T6 viable weapon. Your belt is also bad. Vigilante Belt is what you want, because CDR.

The following is the easiest way to get to T6 as a Crusader.

Step 1. Get 6 piece Akkhan's.
    Step 2. Get a RoRG, good job on completing step 2.
    Step 3. Get a Leoric's Crown and put a CDR gem in it.
    Step 4. Do whatever you have to to get ~55% CDR.
    Step 5. Get a Fate of the Fell.
    Step 6. Google "D3 Holy Shotgun."
    Step 7. ????
    Step 8. Profit.

There's also a nifty Condemn build that seems really competitive with Holy Shotgun, but it requires a season only legendary. Thankfully, they use basically the same gear, just with different weapons/shields, so a Holy Shotgun build can transition quite nicely into the new Condemn build.

I'm no expert on Barb, but I believe you just need 6 piece Raekor's or Might of the Earth plus other typical endgame gear to do T6. Having a Furnace seems to help a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by si7encer112 View Post
    ^ I dont get it why are you using Vacuum instead of Unleash. I get the Strongarm bracer but isnt it better to spam Condemn?
    What?

Vacuum only has a delay after the activation that you can easily play around. I spam it just as much as someone with Unleashed, I just have a delay on the damage.

It's "better" to run Unleashed in T6 because you can just burst white trash mobs with it faster and then you can use Warzechian Armguards or even Reaper's Wraps so you can run without a generator ability.

But then in Greater Rifts it's better to run Strongarms because of the damage boost.

And really in solo play it just comes down to what you want to run. You can either kill stuff "faster" with the strongarms, or you can run faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    I'm going to be replying on your Crusader as I really don't have experience with Barbs.

You should probably stop going for Rolands set if you want to do high Grifts or get to T6 fast and just finish the Akkhan set (I see your 4 and 4 set bonus combination).
    The set is kind of bad for now since it gives you nothing but damage and Wrath problems, compared to Akkhan set that gives you Damage, removes your wrath problems, and gives potentially 150% more armor.

Oh and you definitively need to get a Crusader weapon.
    And change your helm gem into a Diamond, you really need that CDR to stay alive (If possible, 56% CDR or close to it with the Akkhan 6 piece for 100% uptime Akarat's).
    You need to get Crit chance on your shield.
    Need to replace that neck with one that has Crit damage.
    Your RORG is kind of bad, might want to try get one with CDR or crit dmg and a socket.
    I wonder why you have that poison gem on your ring? It's basically the slower version of Mirinae that doesn't benefit from your Holy damage.
    Thanks for the tips! Although you're assuming I'm intentionally trying for Roland's set Those pieces are just what's dropped so I specced around it.
    Also I figured the poison was stronger as it's guaranteed to hit everything as opposed to a chance to hit one enemy. Will change it though.
    Thankfully RoRG seems to be easy to get.

Any specific Crusader weapon? I know Fate of the Fell for the shotgun build are there others that can work?

Drop poison leg gem for miraine. You really want to use 3 leg gems when possible. Go for akkrats set not rolands. There is no "building" around rolands it effects 2 skills (you would only be using one at a time) and it's just a damage boost. With akkrats you will be able to drop Piro for a better shield and get a damage boost AND get better wrath regen AND more survivability which is needed for t6+
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Any specific Crusader weapon? I know Fate of the Fell for the shotgun build are there others that can work?
    I just updated the post, but will just say it here again.

You should try to get a Fate of the Fell or Heart Slaughter/Furnace with Unrelenting Phalanx. Obviously there are quite rare and it can take a long time to get them.
    So if you find something like a Darklight you can make it work up to Torment 6 quite easily. Scourge and Maximus can work too but they aren't exactly optimal.

Thanks for the tips! Although you're assuming I'm intentionally trying for Roland's set Those pieces are just what's dropped so I specced around it.
    Yeah, I don't know if Blizzard screwed up with the Roland/Akkhan set piece drop rates or something. I got 2 finished Rolands sets on Seasons before I got full Akkhan set, and I know quite a few people have had the same "issue" of getting only Roland pieces. It probably is just bad RNG but still.

Also I figured the poison was stronger as it's guaranteed to hit everything as opposed to a chance to hit one enemy. Will change it though.
    Thankfully RoRG seems to be easy to get.
    The problem with the poison gem (at the very least in my opinion) is that it's a long DoT. It doesn't exactly deal enough damage compared to a Mirinae or Wreath of Lightning to be worth it for us, and even Pain Enhancer deals more damage. And then on what gems you should use, I'm fairly sure the "accepted" gem setup for Crusaders is Bane of the Powerful, Bane of the Trapped (at rank 25 or with horseshotgun) and Mirinae. Although arguments could be made for Taeguk and Pain Enhancer at higher levels.

I've gotten 4 rolands gloves and 2 rolands helm and only 1 akkrats helm in my entire life.

This game can fuck itself I swear
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Honestly the easiest way to move up torments? Play in groups. I've been running rifts only in public games, and I haven't had one bad game yet. Everyone I've played with are able to carry their weight, and it's always nice when you get someone that could be running T6 in your T4 game

Join 'Monster Slaying' public games for A1 bounties, and 'Rifts' for, well, Rifts.

Get 2 Unity rings and the follower token that makes them immune to damage.