Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do you honestly really believe he used fag out of coincidence when knowingly arguing with a homosexual... Really?
    Yes. I honestly do, because I live in the US, and I know what common slang usage is here.
    Besides stop trying to be hypocrite....... You defended yourself multiple times now arguing how you don't believe Snoop is a homophobe (after your accusation was debunked)... Yet you didn't hesitate to call him that in the thread title, as well as you continue to accuse him of exactly that..
    If he isn't a homophobe, he cannot mean it as homophobe remark, instead it's just being pissed off.
    You are blowing shit out of proportion here, big time...
    And as a gay person - which you are, right? - I tell you that you don't do your society group much of a favor. You're in fact doing it a great disservice.
    Your attitude right now is the very source the anti-gay groups getting their fuel from.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I can't ever remember referring to a gay person (either directly to him, or about him) as a fag, I have however many a time called my straight married irish friend a fag a number of times.

I call my brother a faggot everytime I talk to him.

Deleted
    The OP is also an anecdote?
    No, he called a gay person a fag

You can dance around the BUT BUT IT MEANS OTHER STUFF TOO but facts are fag is still used as a derogatory term for gays, everybody knows this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If anything I could argue you and people like you are the real homophobs, since Snoop CLEARLY doesn't see the difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals and treats them the same, while you want to treat them differently, you know, kind of the exact OPPOSITE of what gay rights want to have happen? They want to be treated the same as everybody else after all.
    The same ... but differently

Words are words, stop being offended. Even if he said it on purpose and was being homophobic (i don't like that word, i always looked at phobia as fear of, that one is too encompassing and basically means did something against), then pity him for being an uneducated backwater mong. Why get offended for someone else.

If he was angry at the other guy because he was gay, it would be homophobic. But I don't know if that really was the case, he seemed angry at him for other reasons.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    So he has an aversion towards gay people....big deal. Normal people tend to have that all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I have learned from this thread.

Don't insult a gay person or you will be labeled a homophobe.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he called a gay person a fag

You can dance around the BUT BUT IT MEANS OTHER STUFF TOO but facts are fag is still used as a derogatory term for gays, everybody knows this
    He called a gay person a fag, I called a straight person a fag. He's worse because people have given gays the monopoly on the word fag (just as they got the monopoly on the word gay?).

We both used the word fag, yet one of us is bad because of his audience ... suuuuure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I call my brother a faggot everytime I talk to him.
    Calling friends family a fag out of banter is different

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously. It's as if they're being portrayed as untouchables now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted
    He called a gay person a fag, I called a straight person a fag. He's worse because people have given gays the monopoly on the word fag (just as they got the monopoly on the word gay?).

We both used the word fag, yet one of us is bad because of his audience ... suuuuure.
    Do you call black people nigga even though it is now a term of endearment among black people?

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    ... Snoop's still relevant enough to get news articles?

I literally had to scratch my head at that.
    You talk as if American news are about important people.

Cough cough Justin Bieber cough cough Miley Cyrus cough cough Nicky Minaj.

Deleted
    What I have learned from this thread.

No but don't use slurs

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling friends family a fag out of banter is different
    It's funny how everyone seems to call some random straight person a fag, and that's ok. Yet you can't call a gay person a fag because it's reserved as a slur against gay people. If you hate the word, you hate the word, you can't pick and choose when it's ok. Like I said, monopoly on the word.

Fag is a gay slur, so it should be offensive when it's used towards a straight person, as it is implying he is gay and using it in a derogatory sense. How is that acceptable to you, yet using it against a gay person when insulting him is not. It's being used as an insult, it's meant to be insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but don't use slurs
    Tell that to any sub 18 year old playing a video game. The Fag insult has been so diluted with overuse and ambiguous use that it is barely a cultural insult anymore. Stop giving power to words and you'll live a much happier life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you call black people nigga even though it is now a term of endearment among black people?
    I don't call "people" anything. I don't feel the need to put people in a box and assign words to them. I use mong, spanner, cunt, twat, fag, bitch and many more insulting words, but I'm quite indiscriminate about who I use them against. Am I supposed to mentally check myself when about to insult someone incase I use a word that might insult him?

Deleted
    If you went into a bar and called a straight a fag you would be offending them still

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yes.
    Even strangers in anger?

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably would yes, that's why I used an insult. Their intent is offence.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but don't use slurs

So I can call someone a human pile of trash that should kill themselves and rid the world of their pathetic existence. but don't you dare call them a fag.......

Deleted
    I don't call "people" anything. I don't feel the need to put people in a box and assign words to them. I use mong, spanner, cunt, twat, fag, bitch and many more insulting words, but I'm quite indiscriminate about who I use them against. Am I supposed to mentally check myself when about to insult someone incase I use a word that might insult him?
    Most humans think before speaking to avoid social awkwardness, example you wouldn't call a Down Syndrome sufferer a mong

- - - Updated - - -

I probably would yes, that's why I used an insult. Their intent is offence.
    Tthen we live in two very different worlds because in reality calling a black guy a nigger in anger will brand you racist