Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
Ever bought a game, but decided to play (or replay) it later, only to find 2 years later that it is no longer playable? Just because game content was slowly removed from the game to make accomplishments more "prestigious"? And MMOs are games too, just with multiple people at once and online.

I assure you, if to pass the game content on to history in such a way, the game itself won't even become part of history as there will be nothing good to remember about the game.
You cant compare a "normal" single player game to a mmo that easy. A mmo is far more than just a game with multiple ppl playing it at once. Especially for WoW a mmo that is 10 years old.

You cant just push content into a mmo without editing and sometimes remove old content. May it becaus of logic (would be strange naxxramas flying around in 2 differnet places), because of story twists (opening of ahn'qiraj done) or (and this absolutly legit) reward the players that actually made it through the content. Would be pretty frustrating for long term players when even new players could accomplish everything they work hard for in a few months.

One personal example: Back in the Wotlk days there was the "Immortal" Achievment clearing Naxxramas 25er without any player dieing. The time naxxramas content was current it was pretty hard to accomplish and on my server only 2 Guilds made it once (so there were 50 player on the whole server with the title "Immortal" which was pretty cool and i was one of them). Blizz did not remove the achievment (didnt make a "feat of strength") till cata expansion. With ICC gear every nup could do this achievment with the result that mostly the whole server was walking around with "Immortal" title.... Blizz hear missed to remove something in time to actually reward players. The "Immortal" title was cool like 2-4 mounths. If Blizz had removed it quicklier this title would even now 6 years later still be a real reward for players who did it.