Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, I do. I also don't play the game enough to get 800 paragon levels.
    I'm not even CLOSE to paragon 800. Way to exaggerate the point when I didn't even ask what level you were / if level was relevant.

I'm sure it's POSSIBLE, seeing as paragon points have no limit so you can effectively gain limitless stats over an endless period of time.

Now, as for when it WILL be done, that's questionable. Especially seeing it took a group of four paragon 800+ characters to JUST BARELY finish a level 50 greater rift. (They had like .044 seconds remaining when they finished the boss.)
    With the rate the mob stats increase per rift level, you would need decades of levelling time to acquire the necessary paragon points to beat GR100, and that's implying absolute perfect BIS gear too. With the current stuff available in game, it's gonna be pretty much mathematically impossible past 55 for the best 4man group (DHx2, Monk, WD), and I seriously doubt anything past 50 will be possible solo.

Of course, we never know what will happen with class balance and stuff next season. If the DH sentry builds get nerfed and nothing else gets buffed to compensate, then the methematically maximum GR ceiling will be even lower than 55.
    Last edited by Vakna; 2014-09-24 at 04:11 PM.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    With the rate the mob stats increase per rift level, you would need decades of levelling time to acquire the necessary paragon points to beat GR100, and that's implying absolute perfect BIS gear too. With the current stuff available in game, it's gonna be pretty much mathematically impossible past 55 for the best 4man group (DHx2, Monk, WD), and I seriously doubt anything past 50 will be possible solo.

Of course, we never know what will happen with class balance and stuff next season. If the DH sentry builds get nerfed and nothing else gets buffed to compensate, then the methematically maximum GR ceiling will be even lower than 55.
    All comes down to the RNG though. I just had a rift when I was lvling up a new gem with Power+2 Conduits. If that rift had been SUPER dense you could have cleared it at a MUCH higher then a rift without it.

Clean clears(without pylons) I would agree that caps out at around 50ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    All comes down to the RNG though. I just had a rift when I was lvling up a new gem with Power+2 Conduits. If that rift had been SUPER dense you could have cleared it at a MUCH higher then a rift without it.

Clean clears(without pylons) I would agree that caps out at around 50ish.
    Luck with pylons/spawns is pretty munch the only way GRifts past a certain level even get cleared today ;P

Saw a streamer who ran countless level 46-48 rifts and always quitted before killing the guardien, because it was not possible for him without a conduit pylon. Lol.

Deleted
    Once they inevitably nerf Sentries it's highly unlikely 50+ is going to be possible for a long time, you can have the best gear in the game on ANY char but there is a damn good reason you take 2 DH for 4 player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Once they inevitably nerf Sentries it's highly unlikely 50+ is going to be possible for a long time, you can have the best gear in the game on ANY char but there is a damn good reason you take 2 DH for 4 player.
    I dont think they will nerf sentries(they just buffed them). But I think they might buff other classes to get up to par.

And optimal 4player setup is 2dhs, 1monk, 1 WD.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    I dont think they will nerf sentries(they just buffed them). But I think they might buff other classes to get up to par.

And optimal 4player setup is 2dhs, 1monk, 1 WD.
    The buff would have to be ludicrous to compete with doing 3-5x your primary dmg using invulnerable turrets and being able to hide behind shit not interacting at all with the mobs.

I'd like them to buff other classes to be on par... but its not even remotely reasonable.

GRifts cap at level 100 - google for INVIS clearing it on PTR with his monk (though before Exploding palm nerf). You get a "you're good" screen if you manage to finish it.

Gems IIRC cap at 200 - Though real maximum is 110 if you count reaching constantly and completing GR 100 (which is not possible atm - there are a couple of permainvincible builds, but you just lack damage to clear it in time).

Also, some gems have a cap on their improvements (like the +%dmg based on distance one), so increasing the rank above that is useless.

Lastly, about Mara6 and DH: it presents two huge problems - it's the only really viable build that works for us (there's now the fancy for anothe lighting build which works surprisingly well, but it's still based on Mara6) though the advantage gained is not only aboput the raw damage but more from the possibility to do a lot of damage moving around and not actually shooting at monsters.

Mara6 will be addressed, but not before (i think) other DH sets are tuned in a way they're actually useful and not a bunch of free shards (Natalya is okay-ish even after the buffs, Shadow set is just useless until you manage to get 100% Shadow Power uptime and decide to go in melee - sounds cool but it's simply not viable).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison on what difficulty level GRifts correlate to (Normal through Torment VI)? For instance I can clear a level 22 GRift but get demolished on a level 24. Just wondering if a level 24 is comparable to a Torment VI normal Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    GRifts cap at level 100 - google for INVIS clearing it on PTR with his monk (though before Exploding palm nerf). You get a "you're good" screen if you manage to finish it.

Gems IIRC cap at 200 - Though real maximum is 110 if you count reaching constantly and completing GR 100 (which is not possible atm - there are a couple of permainvincible builds, but you just lack damage to clear it in time).

Also, some gems have a cap on their improvements (like the +%dmg based on distance one), so increasing the rank above that is useless.

Lastly, about Mara6 and DH: it presents two huge problems - it's the only really viable build that works for us (there's now the fancy for anothe lighting build which works surprisingly well, but it's still based on Mara6) though the advantage gained is not only aboput the raw damage but more from the possibility to do a lot of damage moving around and not actually shooting at monsters.

Mara6 will be addressed, but not before (i think) other DH sets are tuned in a way they're actually useful and not a bunch of free shards (Natalya is okay-ish even after the buffs, Shadow set is just useless until you manage to get 100% Shadow Power uptime and decide to go in melee - sounds cool but it's simply not viable).
    I doubt mara will be adressed as we don't do better then other classes. However I do think conduit will get adressed and hopefully theyt remove all shrines from grift as it in next season, it's one random element which ruins the competition

I wasn't exaggerating the point at all. 200 paragon levels is what you need to max out one set of points, and 800 paragon levels is what you need to hit the maximum number of points in every category.

If you haven't hit that point (I haven't hit either.), it's very easy to not know that there's a limit on paragon points.
    There is no limit on paragon points. Health and your main stat can be increased indefinitely. All other stats in the paragon system are capped at 50 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't exaggerating the point at all. 200 paragon levels is what you need to max out one set of points, and 800 paragon levels is what you need to hit the maximum number of points in every category.

If you haven't hit that point (I haven't hit either.), it's very easy to not know that there's a limit on paragon points.
    Dex Str and Int go on forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Has anyone done a side by side comparison on what difficulty level GRifts correlate to (Normal through Torment VI)? For instance I can clear a level 22 GRift but get demolished on a level 24. Just wondering if a level 24 is comparable to a Torment VI normal Rift.
    There's a difficulty comparison on the Wiki Page. GR 22 is just over T5, GR 24 is just under T6. Though to be fair, a GR's difficulty is almost entirely decided by the mob type and density. The GR number only indicates the HP and damage scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    There's a difficulty comparison on the Wiki Page. GR 22 is just over T5, GR 24 is just under T6. Though to be fair, a GR's difficulty is almost entirely decided by the mob type and density. The GR number only indicates the HP and damage scaling.
    This. GR25 should equal T6. Anyway i found GR 23 that i barely made it in time then others i can clear in a 7 minutes time, just to say what differencecan make the mob type and density.

Grifts to based on kiting/avoiding all damage. Until I get propor gear, aka new ring (soj fire, another unity) and CHD + crit/ele amulet I won't bother going for them, cause I havent even started using legendary gems meh...

I did a grfit 32, and jailer alone is like 75% my hp...lame
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    I am sick and tired of Grifts atm. The RNG aspect is so annoying. I have been really close to 41 now a couple of times(less than 20sec) and I would have easily managed if I either got better density, a better rift guardian or just a conduit. Recently my last 6-7 or so 41s have been nothing, but shit mobs that is not worth my time as a Crusader. Hoping they will do something for the consistency in next season.

Was about to post that. Anyway what limit GR have is not an issue since even if it was at 100 like on PTR, well before that we would just hit a wall where killing things would just take too much time to have a chance on completing it.

Anyway the RNG issue is being looked at - imho every monster should have an hidden indicator that represents it's "difficulty"; zombies/skeletons are nowhere near terror demons or fallen angels, and the game shouldn't be able to pack too much the GR with this kind of monsters, filling the gaps with relatively weaker ones.

the point is that at high levels until you find huge packs of soft monsters you won't be able to progress, which is simply not good in both senses (atm people is beating "non intended" levels because they're just a huge skeleton pack - sorry for the choice of words, i know it's poor but i cannot come out with anything else).

I don't think it's possible to reach to grift 100+... those mobs has ton of huge hp that might take FOREVER TO KILL and Elite with gimmick and running back from beginning? No thanks it's a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    I don't think it's possible to reach to grift 100+... those mobs has ton of huge hp that might take FOREVER TO KILL and Elite with gimmick and running back from beginning? No thanks it's a waste of time.
    It was possible on PTR with a monk baceus they had means to achieve nearly 100% uptime of serenity plus the Furnace/Exploding Palm combo (which dealt damage based on monster hp thus became stronger the more you were in high GRifts).