Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Rogue.

War atm is strong but getting alot of heat, rogues are flying under the radar and kept most of CC and gap closers while retaining loads of damage.

Most casters are sitting ducks to any rogue atm, no flying also means they will make mince meat of anyone they desire to gank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, Feral and Rogue. All three have good mobility, utility and damage. All of the other melee seem to fall short in one or more areas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    Warrior, Feral and Rogue. All three have good mobility, utility and damage. All of the other melee seem to fall short in one or more areas.
    What? Warriors are terrible in the beta atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaeven View Post
    What? Warriors are terrible in the beta atm.
    If I'm not mistaken, the title says PTR/Beta, not just Beta.

Besides, apart from the fact they've been destroyed mechanically, they're still doing great when it comes to PvP with their high damage and above average utility. I'm not saying they're above Feral, or Rogue (which seem to be the strongest), but they're still a good melee class and noticeably stronger than the others I haven't mentioned already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Hmm, I'll play with something other than a Mage maybe then - not sure why everyone is having trouble playing spriest in beta 3s all the sudden. I fkn love how it handles. As for melee cleaves; keep in mind what I said was relative to the state of melee in general. That's why I only mentioned casters.
    Ya, I really need to find a good mage to play with - the only good mage I played with all beta was Hansol, and he was too busy fapping to early fire burst damage to peel >.>

Warriors and DKs hurt me way too much (and control me while doing so), and I can't get away except by teammate peels

I'm actually not having problems against Rogues though oddly, for all the QQ in this thread now directed at them.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Its the same every season, don't know why people think this season will be otherwise.

From a 3's perspective it will go:
    1 = either arms or a rogue spec, but not both. One will be clearly superior
    2 = arms or rogue
    3 = feral
    4 = unholy
    5 = enhancement
    6 = WW

Frost, ret and fury won't exist past ~1700

In RBGs, things will be a little different since you will still need a rogue and DK. Other melee will be limited, with only feral and arms getting any representation.

1 = unholy DK
    2 = rogue (not sure which spec, the other 2 will be substantially worse)
    3 = arms
    4 = feral
    5 = frost (up to ~2200)
    6 = enhancement

WW, ret and fury won't exist past ~1900

In duels/wPVP, it will go

1 = sub
    2 = WW (incredibly OP right now but I'm not up to speed on WW changes)
    3 = feral
    4 = enhancement
    5 = unholy
    6 = arms
    7 = fury
    8 = retribution
    9 = frost
    Hi there, the names Lune, 2200 ret as of 5.4. Do I not exist? I mean I know ret is bad but don't you think you are exaggerating a little bit here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunethzero View Post
    Hi there, the names Lune, 2200 ret as of 5.4. Do I not exist? I mean I know ret is bad but don't you think you are exaggerating a little bit here?
    Compared to other melee spec, Rets are the worst on live, not to say they are unplayable, but this is simply a comparison

Edit: Having tested Ret on the ptr, they seem to be performing pretty well, there is still the issue with rets being incredibly vulnerable to CC, but i assume that will even out with the lvl100 pvp set. also having only 1 cc (that does not require any talents) kinda sucks.
    Last edited by Demsi; 2014-09-19 at 11:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shamans only have Hex. Priests have no innate CC, Shadow has Silence (longer cooldown, weaker than stun), and Psychic Horror (longer cooldown, consumes our orbs/prevents our burst).

That's just the way WoD is - no CC - casters can't run - melee stand on casters and Patchwerk them down. Woooo.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-09-20 at 04:13 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Shamans only have Hex. Priests have no innate CC, Shadow has Silence (longer cooldown, weaker than stun), and Psychic Horror (longer cooldown, consumes our orbs/prevents our burst).

That's just the way WoD is - no CC - casters can't run - melee stand on casters and Patchwerk them down. Woooo.
    Sounds about right. :/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I main a warrior. I can't wait to beat some noobs in duels at max lvl and get called a FotM again like the beginning of MoP :/
    Oh yes warriors are very balanced, even now.

- - - Updated - - -

For your FOTM leveling needs. Feral and rogues are going to be ridiculous because Blizzard said so. Rogues lost virtually nothing and ferals do insane damage and neither seem to be getting changed at this point.

^^ Feral's Ferocious Bite hits for more than 100k. On 300k health pool. With, say, Lava Burst critting for 12-15k. GG.

"It's a BETA", yeah, yeah... wait until they "fix" FB to hit for 70k, miss most other things, and all the shebang goes live.

Deleted
    How are glad wars doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Have they done something to capacitor totem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    It's still there, and shamans also have roots, but this doesn't change much in that melee do stand on casters and Patchwerk them down. And in a particular case of (ele) shamans, melee never, ever, ever, EVER have a reason to say "hey, it's dangerous to stay on that guy, he started casting something important, I better use some def CD or maybe LOS". So they just stay all the time. It's not the case on live.

IIRC Ferals are always strong prepatch/start of expansions anyway.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

With all this doom saying for casters, I do wonder how they coped in TBC, when there was very few castable when moving instants, and CC was at a relatively low level.
    RETH

Deleted
    Shaman sitting in the corner just like "Hey guys, guys, guys I'm here, hello?".

Deleted
    Feral hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    No, but I'm quite sure she was referring to "reliable" crowd control, which Capacitor Totem is not a part of.

But anyway, Feral is definitely looking to be the FOTM for Warlords.