Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Final Fantasy XIII on PC

Mod Edit: FFXIII is on Steam, here's the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/292120/

Someone showed this to me

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/FF13_Portal/

i don't understand what it says but i see the logo steam at the bottom, right next to PS3 and Xbox360 logos.
    Is it because square has some final fantasy on steam or is it that specifically FF13 is coming to steam?

Edited to add the FFXIII link since it got buried and the post relates to it. - Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-09-19 at 04:56 AM.

Deleted
    Just when you thought this turn was flushed........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Would play, if they'd only leave those score screens out, after every, single, battle.
    Y u no 5 star trash?

I'm ok with this. I enjoyed 13 quite a bit, but never got around to the others. Having them on steam would be quite nice indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't understand what its saying but considering the character visible and the steam icon that would be a logical conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Y u no 5 star trash?

I'm ok with this. I enjoyed 13 quite a bit, but never got around to the others. Having them on steam would be quite nice indeed.
    XIII-2 was great imo. At first I was sceptical because I didn't really like Sara und thought Caius Ballad was one hell of a gay villain, but the gameplay, soundtrack and especially the awesome ending convinced me completely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would love a pc port, even though I already have them. Was FF8 the latest PC fantasy? If so, it's about time, lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    XIII-2 was great imo. At first I was sceptical because I didn't really like Sara und thought Caius Ballad was one hell of a gay villain, but the gameplay, soundtrack and especially the awesome ending convinced me completely.
    I like that Caius is voiced by Liam O'brien.

I would definately get Final Fantasy XIII, simply because I do not game on consoles since Playstation 2, and thus I missed out on XIII.

Deleted
    I would say it would be coming for steam, if steam is just a SE marketing thing, then the PS4 should be on as well since FF14 is on PS4, but this is very specific and the date is today, I would would buy since I cannot be bothered to keep load up the PS3 in another room for this.

But SE did say that a PC version was actually originally planned with the console release but stopped due to security reasons apparently, but FF14 success changed their train of thoughts and have mentioned a few times that FF15 should have a PC release as well as FF7 and 8 were reported to be a success on steam.

I think it's pretty awesome. Even if FFXIII games aren't super popular, I'm a fan of Squeenix (or any company) bringing what was once console exclusives to PC.

That and maybe I can score Lightning Returns for cheap. I'm need to spend hours playing dress up.

Deleted
    guess what just got a silent release today

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31...featured_app=1

sadly not FF13, but there was rumour mills on this one apparently as well in a similar fashion.

I can read most of it. They're talking about a streaming service called "Dive In" by which you can play their games, in this case FFXIII, on a Smartphone or Tablet. You'll also be able to play on your TV via "G-cluster", which seems to be a third party thing.

Oct 9th is the planned start date.

None of the body of that page talks about playing it on PC in any way, so I'm afraid the Steam logo remains a mystery :/
    Last edited by Chiquihuite; 2014-09-17 at 05:29 PM.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Deleted
    Could be, but they have rated highly how steam has done well for them on the ports, they have said in other articles thats made them rethink their strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post

sadly not FF13, but there was rumour mills on this one apparently as well in a similar fashion.
    That one came out of the left field a bit but not surprising considering it could be the iOS version ported for PC.

Always happy to see another console exclusive making it's way to PC.

I keep hearing FFXIII is kinda bad, but... What the hell, sure I'll play it. Can't be worse than X or XII... At least no gay main hero this time.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    At least no gay main hero this time.
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be the happiest person ever if I could play FFXIII on steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda shocked they are attempting this but i assume it's for the western audience since from my experience they seem to prefer consoles and most of all handhelds in japan.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Kinda shocked they are attempting this but i assume it's for the western audience since from my experience they seem to prefer consoles and most of all handhelds in japan.
    http://www.serkantoto.com/2014/03/25...e-game-market/

The mobile market in Japan is pretty huge, actually.

Though with the whole streaming thing for mobile, I really don't know what their audience is. I know I have zero interest to play console/PC games streamed to my phone with horrible touch controls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post

Insta-buy! I hope this sets a precedent. Now we have 3, 4, 7, and 8 on PC.