Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

what races do you avoid when making new characters

Worgren. Never made one that I got past level five and I dont plan on making another ever. I dont like the way they turned out aesthetically I was originally excited for them same for Goblins I also cant stand the phased starting areas of both.

I also avoid Tauren, Gnomes, Dwarves(my first character was a dwarf but I have not made another since.) and Pandaren.

Though they no longer exist I had about a dozen alts ranging from level 18 to 75 most of them made it to 30 at best during wotlk and tbc. They were usually always Draenei female, Human Male, Blood Elf Female, Troll Male, Orc Male, Undead Male or night elf female. My first character and my still current main toon are male but I usually make alts female no idea why. I tend to take new characters more seriously when they are male and have good names rather than silly names or female but I did level 2 female toons to 90 in mists with some haste ( 1 month for the fem human rogue and two weeks for the draenei female hunter.)

My main is a male undead rogue Ive had since 2007 lv 90 I also have a Fem draenei hunter I created in 2012 lv 90 and a human female rogue also created 2012 lv 90. Other than that I only posess a 33 undead male mage and a 75 fem night elf warrior.

Favorite Race overall Forsaken/Undead I love their starting area, and lore as well as appearance.

Least favorite race Pandaren no offense to anyone who plays one and I dont playing alongside one but I would never create one.

I avoid Alliance in general since I main for horde, and there I avoid Trolls like the plague, would never make one, ever, for whatever reason. I have nothing against Orcs, but I don't feel tempted to make one. Undeads were nice but their new model didn't make me more interested in keeping my lvl60 Rogue. Goblins are a no no for me aswell. I stick to Taurens and Bloodelves for all my class needs, with my main being a Tauren Warrior since 2007 followed by a Bloodelf Paladin. I made a Pandaren Monk because why not, I like pandas overall, and might roll a panda rogue to replace my Undead one.

I made a Worgen Warrior just to get the achv when getting an Ally to 90, now it's at 70 and, while I'm enjoying it, I wonder if I could've made a better decision and made a Dwarf instead. Apart from those 2 Ally races, I'm not touching any other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes, Dwarves, Nighelves, Goblins & Pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes and Pandaren. I can play just about anything else.

I don't avoid any race, I like them all but eventually most of my alliance characters are dwarfs and horde are blood elves.

I avoid female gender chars though, I tried but it felt just wrong. Got to level 20, entered wailing caverns, and my group kept refering to me as 'she' and it made me feel like gender bender or crossdresser. I'm also gay reasoning to play female char that 'at least I will look at nice ass while playing' doesn't appeal to me either...

I main Alliance so I avoid gnomes completely, and I'm not a big fan of Draenei or Worgen either.
    On Horde I would mostly play Tauren & Trolls, and completely avoid Blood Elves.

all alliance races. and blood elves.

Blood elves, humans, gnomes, night elves and tauren mostly. Most of my characters are draenei females.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Gnomes unless one day they allow them to become druids because I want a tiny bubble gum pink bear form druid

Female dwarves, draenei males, i also find some combinations terrible, like male orc rogue/warlock/mage or male tauren priest.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Never managed to level any of the elves - might give it another try with BE paladin, if I can decide which of my characters to delete to make a free slot, or my server gets an FCM to send one away.

Deleted
    b elfs and gnomes

10+ Year Old Account
    Since about a year back I only play Horde, and I always stay away from goblins. Not a big fan of male orcs either, but I kinda like them for hunters.

For Alliance I stay away from Worgen and male draenei, their animations are just awful imo. Random alts are sometimes elves, but I've never played one seriously.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Well, I primarily just play blood elves on Horde, primarily because the race's lore is the best in the game and they're the only horde males without poor posture. But the two races I will not make a new character for: Goblins and Worgen.

I consider their starting zones one of the many terrible ideas for Cata. And no, I didn't include Pandaren because I honestly find the pandaren starting zone to be a very fun and unique experience. The goblin and worgen ones - especially goblin - is just monotonous and drawn-out.

Deleted
    I rarely, if ever, make Blood Elves, Night Elves, Goblins, Pandaren and Orcs.

My primary races are Trolls (I make Trolls wherever I can, essentially) and Undead for Horde. Come 6.0 and WoD, I will start using Tauren because I really like their new models and animation fluidity. My main is still a badass Troll Druid though. Primary alt will likely be a Tauren Priest.

As for Alliance, I make Dwarves and Gnomes where I can.

As for the rest, Humans, Night Elves and Worgen, I have no particular feelings.
    Last edited by mmoccdcfc5f8d6; 2014-09-17 at 10:46 AM.

Pandaren
    Orc
    Human
    Night Elf

Dwarf female
    Troll female
    Tauren female
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren
    Gnomes
    Dwarf
    Pandaren

Yea, I really dislike pandarens

Female Dwarf
    Nelf Male
    Gnomes
    Male Draenei
    Worgen

Tauren
    Fem Orcs
    Fem Undead
    Trolls
    Belves
    Goblins

Every Horde race, except Blood Elves. And from Alliance - Gnome and Dwarves. Though with those new models I might just level a dwarf, they are gorgeous.

Alliance -
    I avoid the Humans cause they look derpy, night elves due to brows and ears, gnomes cause.. gnomes. And worgens because their animation are horrible and their faceshape annoys me on helms.

Horde -
    I avoid blood elves. Because they make fun of my sexual orientation. In all seriousness, I just despise them, I don't know why.