Deleted

Temporary Removal of JP Heirlooms

I know that JP are being removed in the next patch. At the time it was stated that everything worth JP would now be purchased using Gold. This is fine. However now it has been announced that heirlooms which were previously for sale for JP will now be temporarily removed from the game (until 6.1 I presume...). I have a feeling that the removal of these heirlooms is not down to the fact that Blizzard does not want to play around with the prices too much. I am sure it is mainly down to the fact they want to slow down levelling in order to encourage people to buy the boost. Yes; you can buy heirlooms using other currency in the game. These are a great deal more difficult to attain than the JP ones though (which should be purchased by gold)

thoughts? I did not see any real comments about it in the news thread. Most people were complaining about the removal of the legendary quest.

Mod-note: Taking the freedom to change the OP's post a little. This is to avoid people taking it out of context.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    With the upcoming release of Patch 6.0.2, we’ll be sending the vendors who sell Heirlooms for Justice Points on a nice vacation.

As you might already be aware, both Justice and Valor Points are being removed as currencies from the game in 6.0.2. As we started to work on new ways to buy Heirlooms, we found that we were setting their value up for a rollercoaster ride. That's because we’re also working on a larger Heirloom system for a future patch, and we don’t want to introduce an interim pricing scheme that could temporarily devalue Heirlooms or limit how we’d be able to give them out in the future. Rather than make players face buyer’s remorse and hand-wringing decisions about when to buy, we’re going to give the Justice Heirloom vendors some time off while we work on improving the system as a whole.

One thing to note is that this change only affects vendors that sell Heirlooms for Justice. PvE Heirlooms will still remain available at the Darkmoon Faire and the Trial of the Crusader, and PvP Heirlooms will continue to be available for Honor.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-09-17 at 07:11 PM.

Source? Where has it been "announced"?

Quote Originally Posted by Aseros View Post
    I know that JP are being removed in the next patch. At the time it was stated that everything worth JP would now be purchased using Gold. This is fine. However now it has been announced that heirlooms which were previously for sale for JP will now be temporarily removed from the game (until 6.1 I presume...). I have a feeling that the removal of these heirlooms is not down to the fact that Blizzard does not want to play around with the prices too much. I am sure it is mainly down to the fact they want to slow down levelling in order to encourage people to buy the boost. Yes; you can buy heirlooms using other currency in the game. These are a great deal more difficult to attain than the JP ones though (which should be purchased by gold)

thoughts? I did not see any real comments about it in the news thread. Most people were complaining about the removal of the legendary quest.
    No offense, but usually first time posters looks like nothing but a conspiracy theory. Blizzard said the reason for removing it temporarily is because they wanted to make the system versatile or something like that. I would assume they mean a way for the item to be upgrade from 80 to 85 to 90 more easily without needing to upgrade it with an item and using more currency. That or they wanted to make the heirlooms easier to keep track of with the tab and by converting it to gold caused issues. Granted that's grasping but there's no way to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    On the front page of this website by a blue poster.

Deleted
    we don’t want to introduce an interim pricing scheme that could temporarily devalue Heirlooms
    I don't buy it. 100% to increase boost sales. Pathetic.

we’re also working on a larger Heirloom system for a future patch
    Future patch?! 6.1? 6.2? 4-6 months into WoD? Ridiculous.

Oh and:
    Heirlooms have been available for 6 years, there's been plenty of time to obtain them.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2014-09-17 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    we don’t want to introduce an interim pricing scheme that could temporarily devalue Heirlooms

Please loosen the tinfoil hat.

By your understanding, everything could be to boost sales. And they don't have to right away introduce and explain what patch as it would maybe be due to some progress of development. Most people already have it though, so a short time to disable it is okay.

Just to complete what should be in this thread:
    With the upcoming release of Patch 6.0.2, we’ll be sending the vendors who sell Heirlooms for Justice Points on a nice vacation.

As you might already be aware, both Justice and Valor Points are being removed as currencies from the game in 6.0.2. As we started to work on new ways to buy Heirlooms, we found that we were setting their value up for a rollercoaster ride. That's because we’re also working on a larger Heirloom system for a future patch, and we don’t want to introduce an interim pricing scheme that could temporarily devalue Heirlooms or limit how we’d be able to give them out in the future. Rather than make players face buyer’s remorse and hand-wringing decisions about when to buy, we’re going to give the Justice Heirloom vendors some time off while we work on improving the system as a whole.

One thing to note is that this change only affects vendors that sell Heirlooms for Justice. PvE Heirlooms will still remain available at the Darkmoon Faire and the Trial of the Crusader, and PvP Heirlooms will continue to be available for Honor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You really believe people would buy boosts if they can't buy new heirlooms with gold for a few months? That's like saying someone will buy a new computer because they are out of potato chips...

Quote Originally Posted by Aseros View Post

Do you have plenty of ventilation holes in your tin foil hat. Why would they want to slow down people with gold levels 1-85? If they did, they would remove all loom vendors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, buddy. Turn the conspiracy down a notch.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh and:
    Heirlooms have been available for 6 years, there's been plenty of time to obtain them.
    You can still get heirlooms from DMF and the Argent Tourney.

Or, if you really want to use JP on them, you could just go farm them up now. You have a month, after all.

Deleted
    No.

Just no.

You do realise that most players that want to reroll or level up in time for WoD would have used the free 90 boost that comes with WoD...
    Last edited by mmocf292d7f56a; 2014-09-17 at 06:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Everyone was so rabidly concerned about the Legendary cloaks going away they ignored the heirlooms.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    You can still get heirlooms from DMF and the Argent Tourney.
    Plus the guild vendor ones, which is 3 slots.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    Plus the guild vendor ones, which is 3 slots.
    I deliberately did not list those because, ironically, those ones have always been sold for gold.

Hell, could even add the +5% XP fishing tourney ring.

LMAO AT THE MOD NOTE.

it's a permanent removal you fruitloop dingus, JP will cease to exist how can it be temporary if jp is never coming back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    LMAO AT THE MOD NOTE.

it's a permanent removal you fruitloop dingus, JP will cease to exist how can it be temporary if jp is never coming back?
    You never got the other messages, did you? Future 'JP' looms are to be for gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There are several problems I have with gear for gold...but I think it's a good long term change.(if we can keep
    it for more than 2 expacs)

The problem I see is income inequality. The economy in wow is starting to act like the economy in real life, by which I mean rich are getting richer and poor are staying poorer longer. Gear for gold is going to make it harder for players to gear up and save money(which is good for the health of the market) but it makes getting gear for the rich and miserly easier than ever. If gear costs too much only the rich can get it.

This stems from an issue of rich players having nothing to spend money on. If only there was a way of redistributing wealth that didn't involve taxes and that didn't break the game. if only there was a way for rich players to hire poor players and create a valid form of wealth distribution.

JP worked because the universal currency was time and gold was just something you gained or lost in addition.

Here's a link to a video that is only very slightly related to my point and this thread.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDfNoCjtXvQ
    Last edited by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve; 2014-09-17 at 07:21 PM.