Are combat rogues viable in WOD?

I am trying to get into rogues, and i like combat so i want to know if in the future will i be able to enjoy combat during WOD or will they be nerfed.

Should be. Combat is very haste-dependent, so they might perform a bit less than Subtlety or Assassination until the later tiers, but I doubt they'll be unviable.

10+ Year Old Account
    All three specs are viable and doing well right now, although I think Assassination is doing the best.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    All three specs are viable and doing well right now, although I think Assassination is doing the best.
    Assassination is doing very well, but during testing for pure single target I was really liking Subtlety. Although, I could do without refreshing Rupture so often and Tier in BRF will alter how the specs play quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of Sims, I think the most recent build (as of yesterday) it was Sub > Combat > Assassination for single target. Combat and Assassination do pretty well in AOE/Cleave situations though, and a lot of the 6.0 raids are cleave heavy.

Short answer, yes right now combat looks like a viable choice, especially given the amount of bladeflurry-friendly raid encounters.

Should be some more tuning coming out in the build being deployed tonight so we'll see if anything changes in that...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    In terms of Sims, I think the most recent build (as of yesterday) it was Sub > Combat > Assassination for single target. Combat and Assassination do pretty well in AOE/Cleave situations though, and a lot of the 6.0 raids are cleave heavy.

Short answer, yes right now combat looks like a viable choice, especially given the amount of bladeflurry-friendly raid encounters.

Should be some more tuning coming out in the build being deployed tonight so we'll see if anything changes in that...
    ok thanks for the in depth answer. I appreciate everyone who has given me some insight cant wait for WOD to play my char.

blizzard would never allow any spec to be unplayable in pve at this point that is their ultimate design goal and unfortunately its screwed pvp up something fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    In terms of Sims, I think the most recent build (as of yesterday) it was Sub > Combat > Assassination for single target.
    Don't see results from yesterday, but here's a link from 9/14: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...d-9-14-14.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnum View Post
    I am trying to get into rogues, and i like combat so i want to know if in the future will i be able to enjoy combat during WOD or will they be nerfed.
    We haven't been nerfed per say but with every xpac since WotLK we have had to wait until the first patch after the xpac,sometimes longer for our dp to catch up with most other classes. As was already said that usually means halfway thru the tier.so it's just a matter of being patient and usually assasination starts of ahead of combat just due to the fact that combat scales with haste

As it is currently, combat does not stack haste in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    As it is currently, combat does not stack haste in WoD.
    Yay. My signature is relevant.