High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Question DH - M6 Build - Weapon thoughts

Title says what I'm running as and with. Currently using Danetta's for weapons, but have read a couple places that it's not the most optimal set of weapons to use with a Sentry build. I've recently acquired a second Bombardier's quiver (allows for 5 sentries to be placed) with 2/3 Trifecta and a socket. I'm curious to know if at this point if I should...

-Continue looking for Calamity (still haven't seen a single one drop) and pair that with the quiver
    -Look for a better 2H Crossbow option to run with quiver (suggestions? No luck yet with lvl 70 Buriza)
    -Simply not bother with the quiver
    -Calamity + other good Hand Crossbow

Currently using Companion/Vault/Sentry/Multishot/Hungering/Cluster build

Any ideas? Armory link below...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G.../hero/33154406

PS - Been running with the Taeguk in my Countess Julia's necklace, as using Vault builds stacks up nice and quick, at very low cost!
    Last edited by Thralk; 2014-09-18 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Added armory link

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not use the pet gem? Its more damage and no stack management.

Why use hungering arrow if you are Sentry DH? You are skipping out on damage, Elemental arrow for instance is great.

Frost specc is better than Fire atm, but thats up to you.

Preferably you either use Calamity, Etrayu or a high damage Xbow for maximum damage on the sentries with bombardiers rucksack

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Why not use the pet gem? Its more damage and no stack management.

Why use hungering arrow if you are Sentry DH? You are skipping out on damage, Elemental arrow for instance is great.

Frost specc is better than Fire atm, but thats up to you.

Preferably you either use Calamity, Etrayu or a high damage Xbow for maximum damage on the sentries with bombardiers rucksack
    Haven't gotten a Pet gem yet. Used to run a Cold build, but found better gear and no luck on a good Buriza's to supplement it since. Been using more fire skills as I've got a better amount of +Fire damage gear. Suggestion on a better Elemental Arrow choice rather than Hungering? I've gone with Hungering+Serrated for a while because I go through so much hatred with lots of Vaulting to avoid extra damage, while also laying down fire from the Danetta's Set.
    Last edited by Thralk; 2014-09-18 at 05:32 PM.

You don't need a hatred generator in a M6 build. Period. You drop sentrys and that is it. Sentrys and pets will do all the work. Drop hungering for immolation elemental arrow. Drop perfectionist for the ballistics.

Drop puzzle ring for ring of royal graduler so you can use Taskers and Theo (which increases not only your pets attack speed but your sentrys too).

You want 3 leg gems (the pet gem is garbage compared to all other gems and Taeguk sucks), The best set up for an amulet is Dex, socket, crit, CD. You can prob drop reapers wraps for a better wrist if you have one, you won't need the hatred regen.

Bombadier is only BiS on boss fights. Meaning rift guardians. Otherwise it's 2 1h's.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You don't need a hatred generator in a M6 build. Period. You drop sentrys and that is it. Sentrys and pets will do all the work. Drop hungering for immolation elemental arrow. Drop perfectionist for the ballistics.

Drop puzzle ring for ring of royal graduler so you can use Taskers and Theo (which increases not only your pets attack speed but your sentrys too).

You want 3 leg gems (the pet gem is garbage compared to all other gems and Taeguk sucks), The best set up for an amulet is Dex, socket, crit, CD. You can prob drop reapers wraps for a better wrist if you have one, you won't need the hatred regen.

Bombadier is only BiS on boss fights. Meaning rift guardians. Otherwise it's 2 1h's.
    Thanks for the feedback. Will tool around with the talents tonight after work, and just keep fingers crossed on finally GETTING an RoRG, then going towards T&T

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thralk View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Will tool around with the talents tonight after work, and just keep fingers crossed on finally GETTING an RoRG, then going towards T&T
    fyi, getting a socket in your rings and amulets and using bane of the trapped, bane of the powerful, enforcer or pain enhancer in those sockets will net you more dps than what you currently have rerolled for and enforcer is pretty much mandatory. something like http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dQ!hfUc!ZbYcbc focusing on cold dmg should work extremely well in any lvl grifts, you can change the rune for the sentry into spitfire rune instead of polar station tho and bombadier's rucksack is mandatory for everything, any1 telling you otherwise are either lying or clueless.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-09-19 at 01:48 AM.

2h bow w/ 2.84 break point or if you can reach it (which requires pretty much perfect gear / mostly perfect gear w/ enchantress companion) 1h xbow w/ 4.15 break point.

Deleted
    aye, you can reach the 2.84 BP fairly easy with an etrayu and taskers.

the 4.15 breakpoint with nats bow/ring or calamity is a lot stronger than 2h bow (normally etrayu) 2.84 breakpoint btw.

u can sim the #s and generally the 4.15 bp gear will be doing 40-50% more dps

Whats the breakpoint u are talking about? Weapon speed?

Deleted
    He is referring to pet attack speed, to get that high always requires Tasker.

Deleted
    the 4.15 requires near perfect BiS, stick to etrayu and 2.84 for now.
    best gems are bane of the trapped enforcer and bane of the powerful, the last one isn't that potent but there aren't any other good alternatives, last time I heard about zei stone they told me the bonus is centered on the sentries, i.e. the sentries themselves need to be that far away for the bonus so it sucks dick.
    normally a 2h xbow would be better but you need to reach the 2.84 breakpoint for it to be worth, if you can't find a good etrayu craft an unbound bolt.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all of the input, folks. I actually managed to snag up an RoRG last night (Woot!), so Puzzle Ring has been replaced. Now playing the waiting game on a pair of T&T, and Grifts in the meantime for more gems to boost.