Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't. He was popular before he evev did anything to warrant his popularity. Then he threatened Garrosh and became even more loved.
    Last edited by leaks; 2014-09-18 at 11:02 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

trolls are the jar jar binks of WoW. Get rid of the stupid accent and they would be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quite a few reasons.... among them

1. The boot-licking of alliance players in 5.3
    2. Him being the worst tactician in Azeroth (Look at the iron juggernaught encounter, he sends wave after wave of troops against something they obviously can't beat)
    3. We were promised a warchief we didn't expect, next to thrall Vol'jin was the most expected warchief since cata began.
    4. He didn't really get much character development, he got stabbed and led a rebellion sure, but what did we learn about HIM personally? He's the same old troll he was before.
    5. He's a troll. The race that lost their island to walking fish and almost got wiped out by them...
    6. He was picked by thrall (Because that worked out SO well last time)
    7. He's a pretty boring character over all (In my opinion).
    8. (Carry on from 2) He wasted ALL of the supplies we spent months gathering for him on a few huts and siege weapons he lost before even breaching the gate, if not for sylvanas/lor'themar (For supplying the troops after taking the docks) and Tyrande (For finally doing something half cool and attacking the front gates), the gate would have never fallen.

I'd rather have THRALL than Vol'jin, at least he knows his tactics, but out of them all i think Lor'themar would be best. (Now that we've finally got a real look at him and his personality).
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-09-18 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    These are a few reasons why I don't like Vol'Jin as Warchief, he just doesn't seem to have the chops to lead the Horde with all the tactical blunders he makes, just as Hellscream did but nobody seems to point out the Echo Isles for Vol'Jin.
    I think Vol'jin is more likely to listen to advisors like Etrigg and Saurfang to make up for potential tactical blunders.

Its like the father , son and donkey story. The father and the son travels to the town, and they pass two old men sitting outside an inn, the men say :what silly people, both are walking when they could be riding on the donkey! So the son sits up. As they travel along, they hear a couple of old ladies saying "what a rude boy, letting his old father walk when hes young and spry", so the son and dad switch places. After a while they pass another set of travelers that thinks that the father is a terrible man for letting his son walk when hes comfy on the donkey. Thus, they both climb up on the donkey. Now, its not long before they come across a farmer in the fields that is outraged that the poor animal has to carry two people in good health! So, in the end, the father and son carries the donkey to the town, and no one comments, because they are too astonished and too busy laughing.

Moral of story, its foolish to strive to appease everyone at once.

So, as there are people saying Great. WoD.. millions of more orcses taking the center stage for yet another expansion, why cant blizz use any other race?... there will be others saying " What, a non orc getting character depelopment? Preposterous!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet View Post
    Moral of story, its foolish to strive to appease everyone at once.

So, as there are people saying Great. WoD.. millions of more orcses taking the center stage for yet another expansion, why cant blizz use any other race?... there will be others saying " What, a non orc getting character depelopment? Preposterous!
    Uhm trolls can take center stage elsewhere, they've had raids dedicated to them in pretty much every expansion ( or at least a series of dungeons ). Warchief of the horde is no place for trolls to ''take centre stage ''. Please...

Let me give myself more credibility and nominate alternate timeline Gul'dan to be our warchief. Actually even as an orc I'd prefer lorthermar over voljin. Yes even elves are better than the vile trolls.
    Last edited by Oraj; 2014-09-18 at 11:24 PM.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like him.

They should have brought Nazgrel back long ago and made him warchief. Vol'jin is a good political leader but his background is not in his favor, hes always losing battles and asking for help because he cant get anything done.

BTW Baine must be around 30 at this point, so he really isnt that young. Thrall was a teenager when he became warchief.

- Sylvanas doesnt give a shit about the horde shes just in it for power.
    - Lorthemar was in talks to rejoin the alliance, and he used to be a member of the alliance, the other races wouldn't accept him as the leader of the horde.
    - Gallywix just joined the horde so he is another no-no, and he isnt even loyal to the horde as far as we know. Thrall practically forced him to join.
    - Thrall is too busy being green jesus.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2014-09-18 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    - Lorthemar was in talks to rejoin the alliance, and he used to be a member of the alliance, the other races wouldn't accept him as the leader of the horde.
    I think people down play the reason blood elves are no longer in the Alliance a tad too much. The alliance treated their race as poorly as Garrosh did and is still imprisoning thousands blood elves in the violet hold. Lorthemar is staying in the horde, thanks.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

I liked Vol'jin I just never saw him as a Warchief.

Zul was always the cooler Jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Voljin is only leader because Kosak had a hard on for him.

Maybe if he spent more time building him up as a worthwhile character instead of fapping to troll yaoi, he would be thought of as more suited for the role. Even one book like Lord of the clans did more to establish thrall as a character then all of voljins storyline across all warcraft games.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think Vol'jin is more likely to listen to advisors like Etrigg and Saurfang to make up for potential tactical blunders.
    Sending wave, after wave of his own troops against the Iron Juggernaut while his main ally and advisor, Baine stood idly by next to him fills me with so much confidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions. Personally I liked Garrosh, wasn't a huge fan of Cata garrosh, but Mists Garrosh was just so much fun before they actually started the balls to the wall insanity bits. He was the right amount of brutality. He lead the horde with an Iron Fist, which was a GREAT fucking change from Thrall's boring wishy washy letsallbefriends approach. Garrosh saw something he wanted that someone else had, and he took it for the glory of the horde.

To me, the Warchief should always be an Orc. Although a Tauren would also probably get the job done., but Trolls (and especially the kinda wimpy ones like Vol'jin) just don't really seem like the leader type to me. Vol'jin's always looked to the trolls before the horde, and while that is totally fine as a racial leader, I don't think it befits someone who leads the whole faction.

I've been saying it since fucking WotLK, SAURFANG SHOULD BE WARCHIEF. I don't care if he is too old. I would have also supported Cairne were he not dead. Same with Nazgrim, though to be fair he is comparitivly minor.

Rip nazgrim and cairne :'(.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Because he's a coward and never did anything useful for the Horde, the Horde has only been helping out him, and his weak tribe, since before they were even part of the Horde. To put it in game terms, the Horde is carrying the Darkspear Trolls, without the Horde they would've been eradicated. That's why it's so ridiculous that Vol'jin now gets to control the entire Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate trolls.
    Me? Sarcastic? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I suppose people dislike him because between joining the horde and that revolution he didn't do much.
    As opposed to Lor'themar who did absolutely nothing until MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Because he's a coward and never did anything useful for the Horde, the Horde has only been helping out him, and his weak tribe, since before they were even part of the Horde. To put it in game terms, the Horde is carrying the Darkspear Trolls, without the Horde they would've been eradicated. That's why it's so ridiculous that Vol'jin now gets to control the entire Horde.
    Basically you had to make this up to make sure people would agree with you.

Trolls have been the overlooked, underappreciated second class of the Horde since Warcraft 2, and your rant is proof positive that it's still prevalent.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2014-09-19 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's just the backlash against a non-orc WC. As you say - prior to the end of Mists, Vol'jin was pretty much tied with Saurfang for the position of WC. Even before Cata was released people where saying he would make the better WC. Now he's actually WC and the Orc fanboys are out in force. And then there's the group (to whom I sympathise with) who just think he's boring.
    Orc fanboys? Garrosh was a GREAT leader until they caved to the Vol'jin fans. Now we have orc-hitler and a weird ass troll leader.

I would've preferred Lor'themar or Gallywix to this dude.

I don't think it's necessarily that people dislike Vol'jin, just that they wish the new Warchief had been someone else. I'm in that group.

Was hoping for Baine myself. Not complaining though. Any non-Orc Warchief is a good step in the right direction, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I don't like Vol'jin.

He does dick shit for most of WoW's lifespan. Gives Garrosh lip for calling him out on it, then gets mad when he gets told to fuck off. In the Tides of War book, he lets Baine take all the shit for standing up to Garrosh. Same shit with the rebellion, does dick shit and gets the credit.