FFXIV Fan Faire in Vegas Oct 17-19

Hey everyone,

So did anyone get tickets to the Fan Faire in Vegas? My friends and I didn't expect to, but managed to get through so the whole 6 of our FC are getting to go together. Hoping it will be a lot of fun. Seems like it will be a smaller group than the mass of people for Blizzcon (or the anime or comic/sci-fi conventions I've been to).

Even if you aren't going:

What are you looking forward to seeing revealed?
    What would you LIKE to see at Fan Faire?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they reveal the launch date of 2.4. I'm so excited for ninja I have 30/75 alexandrite and all the previous relic steps prepared for it.

Managed to get myself a ticket during the first batch. It is looking to be very small. As best I can tell from when they were selling tickets it's around 3000 people total. Not sure who thought such a small convention would be a good thing, but at least now they have a decent idea of how high the demand is if they ever do this again.

I think most of what's going to be announced is expansion content. I know in the most recent live letter they said they'd have some info about new classes around mid-October. Hoping they'll include a bit more about their plans between 2.4 and the expansion, but it will probably be mostly the expansion. I'm sure we'll get some 2.5 info as well. The on-site battle content they're doing will probably either be Ramuh or something original. Hoping it will be something original.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I hope they reveal the launch date of 2.4.
    If they follow their standard release schedule, this will probably be either October 14 or 21, at most it will be pushed back to October 28. So I don't think they'll be holding back that info for the Fan Faire.

Quote Originally Posted by MilleFeuille View Post
    Managed to get myself a ticket during the first batch. It is looking to be very small. As best I can tell from when they were selling tickets it's around 3000 people total. Not sure who thought such a small convention would be a good thing, but at least now they have a decent idea of how high the demand is if they ever do this again.
    Well, bear in mind this isn't quite like Blizzcon. Where Blizzcon is an annual thing, remember that Fan Faire is divided into three separate locations, so that might explain the smaller size. I think they've also done similar events for FFXI in the past and SOE does their similar event in Vegas as well. Probably just different sizes based on these factors and past experience, plus it being the first one for XIV. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

See you there, perhaps, not that I'll know it's you but I could still very well unknowingly see you! XD

If they follow their standard release schedule, this will probably be either October 14 or 21, at most it will be pushed back to October 28. So I don't think they'll be holding back that info for the Fan Faire.
    I'm hoping it's the 21st so it goes live immediately after I get back from Fan Faire. Would be nice to extend that vacation trip and have some time to dedicate to ninja.

Arkenaw, what have you been doing to gather alexandrite? I need to start doing that and get a least some squirelled away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, bear in mind this isn't quite like Blizzcon. Where Blizzcon is an annual thing, remember that Fan Faire is divided into three separate locations, so that might explain the smaller size. I think they've also done similar events for FFXI in the past and SOE does their similar event in Vegas as well. Probably just different sizes based on these factors and past experience, plus it being the first one for XIV. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

See you there, perhaps, not that I'll know it's you but I could still very well unknowingly see you! XD

I'm hoping it's the 21st so it goes live immediately after I get back from Fan Faire. Would be nice to extend that vacation trip and have some time to dedicate to ninja.

Arkenaw, what have you been doing to gather alexandrite? I need to start doing that and get a least some squirelled away.
    Just the daily and using myth to buy extra maps.

I hope the FF14 events are better than the old FF11 events. We usually had a good laugh about how tone-deaf the dev team was at the old FFXI fanfests.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

Eh, I think I would have predicted at least 10k for the US. I mean, I know it's no Blizzcon (actually went to Blizzcon last year xD), but I think I would have predicted the numbers to at least be a bit higher than the 3k or so. I can't blame them though, it's a smart business decision to go small until you can gauge the real level of demand.

I'm sure I'll be about. No idea what server you're on, but I'm one of the handful from Sargatanas that are going.

Quote Originally Posted by MilleFeuille View Post
    Eh, I think I would have predicted at least 10k for the US. I mean, I know it's no Blizzcon (actually went to Blizzcon last year xD), but I think I would have predicted the numbers to at least be a bit higher than the 3k or so. I can't blame them though, it's a smart business decision to go small until you can gauge the real level of demand.

I'm sure I'll be about. No idea what server you're on, but I'm one of the handful from Sargatanas that are going.
    When they first talked about the tickets going on sale, advance ticket sales were about 3k.
    I was expecting them to have another batch of tickets that weren't advance sale, but more general admission sales. Only that hasn't happened yet, so I'm a bit surprised there too.

In case anybody missed it, they posted the event schedule, and the on-site in-game content. Only about 4 panels each day. The battle content includes a new battle, EX Primal Roulette, live Frontlines, and a dungeon speed run contest.

Also, looked over the information for the meeting facilities at the Rio, and honestly it can't be any more than 5-6k attendees. The largest meeting space in the Rio has a capacity of 6,110, so they can't exceed that. Giving a bit of breathing room I'd say would put it at 5-5.5k. Main reason for looking at that is the limit is because I'm sure they'll expect everybody in that one room for the keynote.