Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    The Ice Bucket Challenge is up there, too. I found it more to be a fad to get fifteen minutes of fame than being genuinely concerned about ALS research.
    As I said in the other thread, if at christmas people are still able to say what ALS stands for without going "Durr, Lou Gerrigs[sic] disease, Hurr" then maybe they'll have 'raised awareness'...

I wasn't a fan of Doge, but then I found myself using expressions like "Such X, much Y, wow" so I guess it can't be that bad *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I posted a south park meme a couple weeks to an article about some 30 year old woman having sex with her students. Got me 2 week ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doctor Who has been around since November 23, 1963. There was a hiatus for a bit in the late 90s. I think the new series came back in 2004. I used to watch the show late Sunday night on the local PBS station in the 80s. I've always been a fan of British shows. Red Dwarf and Blakes 7 are also pretty good. As far as Obamacare is concerned.....

Quote Originally Posted by captainkanji View Post
    Doctor Who has been around since November 23, 1963. There was a hiatus for a bit in the late 90s. I think the new series came back in 2004. I used to watch the show late Sunday night on the local PBS station in the 80s. I've always been a fan of British shows. Red Dwarf and Blakes 7 are also pretty good. As far as Obamacare is concerned.....
    Red Dwarf was fucking awesome, I'd heartily recommend the books if you enjoyed the shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

all memes are stupid. its just a way for people on the internet to pretend they have a culture, but its just self-referential circlejerking that gets beaten quicker than a dead horse.

Doctor Who perfectly compliments this mentality. If someone watches that show, they won't hesitate to tell you. It's a crappy overly cheesy, cliche, repetitive show.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by captainkanji View Post

The insane telethon commercials asking 75$ for a coffee mug iirc.
    You cared enough to post.

My point with the picture was the sheer level of fail that the group that made it rose to. There are so many fallacies involved that it practically defies description.

Plus I wanted to spread the pain of seeing that kind of stupid.

(You'd think a group that was all about PR would know more about how to frame something like this)
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think that's bad? i can't even go on my facebook without "FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY!" right infront of my face.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Doctor Who is one of those cursed things that instantly bestows its victim with mild brain damage, like fedoras.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Doctor Who is one of those cursed things that instantly bestows its victim with mild brain damage, like fedoras.

Hey now....I wear a fedora. Fedoras are cool.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Hey now....I wear a fedora. Fedoras are cool.
    Between your avatar and second signature sentence I'm mildly not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Red Dwarf was fucking awesome, I'd heartily recommend the books if you enjoyed the shows.
    smeghead!

/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    I don't think you're allowed to post memes, but it is quite a stupid one.

All of the anti-Obamacare memes are pretty stupid though.
    Well, to be fair, it's hard to make 'stating the obvious' funny.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Hey now....I wear a bow tie. Bow ties are cool.

Yes they are.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I unfriend you.
    That's not how it works! That's not how any of this works!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    umm Doctor Who has been around for how many decades now? I think your statement is ignorant and wrong.
    Also read above for response :P
    It was canceled for a pretty long time, people tend to forget that though, so it really hasn't been around for "decades", it just happened to make a comeback.

I can still not like it and make fun of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Yes they are.
    The only bow ties that are cool are the noodle ones.