Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Middle School bans Teen's 'Virginity Rocks!' T-Shirt.

When Chloe Rubiano wore one of her favorite T-shirts to school this week, she never expected the ramifications that would follow her fashion statement. The 13-year-old Ramay Junior High School student wore a tee that reads “Virginity Rocks!” on the front and “I’m loving my Husband and I haven’t even Married Him!” on the back, but she was asked to change by officials at her school in Fayetteville, Ark., local news station 5NEWS reports.

Chloe, who purchased the turquoise statement tee at a Christian Music Festival, said the vice principal was worried that the shirt held the potential to start too many conversations and could also distract and disrupt the classroom environment. She was then asked to change into a gym shirt for the remainder of the school day. Yahoo Style reached out to the school for comment but has not received a response.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/chloe-ru...738572298.html

What do you guys think? As nerdy and creepy that shirt is she should have the right to wear it.

Edit: Adding this just because it's uncanny, not that she's any less of a good person for sticking to her beliefs.

Does she not look like the kid from Two and a Half Men?

Last edited by diddle; 2014-09-19 at 05:41 AM.

Deleted
    Political/religious statements are already disallowed on clothing in public schools aren't they?

Deleted
    At my school we sent students back home or forced them to change into P.E rags if they were too tight, or not strictly via the school shop.

So, admittedly, i'm biased here when i say she shouldn't wear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I can wear my "I'm here for the gangbang" tshirt.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I agree with the school.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Political/religious statements are already disallowed on clothing in public schools aren't they?
    It depends, this isn't necessarily political or religious. To many people this would be akin to having to change out of a "Say No to Drugs!" shirt.

This topic has the potential to start too many conversations, please close it.

While we're at it, we should probably shut down the internet, lest too many conversations are going on.

In fact, everyone just sit quietly without speaking.

She should be punished just for wearing a stupid shirt that made zero sense. The message behind the message was irrelevant at that point in the face of the stunning retardation being displayed.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    For once a school board does something right. Stupid teen.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    It depends, this isn't necessarily political or religious. To many people this would be akin to having to change out of a "Say No to Drugs!" shirt.
    Difference is that one is motivated by legislative policy, the other by religious morality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    This topic has the potential to start too many conversations, please close it.

While we're at it, we should probably shut down the internet, lest too many conversations are going on.

In fact, everyone just sit quietly without speaking.
    Public school isn't a internet forum. There is a time and a place for debate and agendas.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    She should be punished just for wearing a stupid shirt that made zero sense. The message behind the message was irrelevant at that point in the face of the stunning retardation being displayed.
    I find the “I’m loving my Husband and I haven’t even Married Him!” particularly creepy and unnerving, like she's being raised as a sow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Difference is that one is motivated by legislative policy, the other by religious morality.
    It's rare, but I've known people that aren't religious but still think that sex is very important and should only be done with someone you love. Some people interpret that as waiting for marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good shirt with a good message. Despite that, I think she has the right to wear it.

She's 13, she probably doesn't even fully understand what the shirt means.

On top of that, it's a stupid message, so I have no problem with the school making her change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I think it's a good shirt with a good message. Despite that, I think she has the right to wear it.
    a 13 year old with a husband is a good message?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    I find the “I’m loving my Husband and I haven’t even Married Him!” particularly creepy and unnerving, like she's being raised as a sow.

- - - Updated - - -

It's rare, but I've known people that aren't religious but still think that sex is very important and should only be done with someone you love. Some people interpret that as waiting for marriage.
    I've only ever been with my fiance, but I don't wear a t-shirt bigging up the "morality" of it.

And let's face it, it's religiously motivated. She even bought it at a "Christian rock concert", oxymoron?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    At my school we sent students back home or forced them to change into P.E rags if they were too tight, or not strictly via the school shop.

So, admittedly, i'm biased here when i say she shouldn't wear it.

Yeah in uk schools you're forced to wear school uniforms so no sympathy from me

You had to buy the shirt and jumper from the school or a certain shop and be sent home if you didn't have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Yeah in uk schools you're forced to wear school uniforms so no sympathy from me

You had to buy the shirt and jumper from the school or a certain shop and be sent home if you didn't have it.
    Heh, found out my old place actually hit the daily mail!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ht-ankles.html

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Public school isn't a internet forum. There is a time and a place for debate and agendas.
    I thought educational centers were the appropriate places to have conversations. Apparently I was misinformed, and it is much better to teach people to avoid things that could start a discussion. It's much better to immediately disengage from anything that might prompt a healthy debate that involves thoughts and ideas because someone might get bothered. Makes sense, as this is how the real world works so that's what schools should teach, instead of using it as an opportunity to teach HOW to have a constructive conversation/debate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't really agree with banning clothing, but I can understand having a problem with the topic. I see it the same as wearing a shirt that says "Virginity is overrated", which I bet a lot of people would have a problem with a 13 year old girl wearing. The issue is the topic more than the message. Same with one about drugs.