Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Ultimate power...for a price??

So here's the deal......The Old Gods are coming. Cthulhu is waking up. Reality is fraying, there are THINGS in the sky.....and then you wake up. A shadowy figure stands at the foot of your bed, and offers you a choice. Become undead-raise zombies,vampires, ghouls, bone creatures-use your imagination-you can do whatever you like with this power-but you will have to be dead to do it. And only until after the armies of the Old Gods are defeated. You then become a pile of dust. So basically, you have a choice-this or this What do you do?? Let humanity burn, for a few more nights as a human? Or sacrifice yourself, and possibly, just possibly save whats left?

Ok so let me explain a little more....you dont have a choice in whether they are coming because THEY are COMING. Your choice is sit back and enjoy your humanity, or become undead and raise an unstoppable army that will, hopefully stop THEM in their tracks.
    Last edited by Bartumus22; 2014-09-17 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Sacrifice, I would rather die than kill my loved ones.

Why not just take the power and then join the old gods? Win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Why not just take the power and then join the old gods? Win-win.
    Okay, Griffith.

I don't really get the question, but I'd prob sacrifice myself.

Why is Daffy wanting me to attack Cthulhu?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Not really a choice to be made: I'd take the offer, become this all-powerful Lich King or whatever (I may or may not legally change my name to Arthas as I do this), and then use my powers to try and save what's left of humanity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok so let me explain a little more....you dont have a choice in whether they are coming because THEY are COMING. Your choice is sit back and enjoy your humanity, or become undead and raise an unstoppable army that will, hopefully stop THEM in their tracks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Because if he comes, you and your precious humanity-and eyepatch-are screwed

I'd rather join the old gods than fight against them. If I can do anything, then I can do that, right? Plus, I don't turn to dust until the old gods' armies are defeated, so if I help them win and they're never defeated, I'm immortal?

That's the answer I wanna go with.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would defeat all of them and force one of them to join my forces and rule. Because one is still alive I am still living...err undead. I win.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    This is the best question in all of humanity's history. If I didn't ♥ Elyssia so much, I would sig it.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

7+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a clause-if you make that choice, you become their ENEMY. Like oil and water-sortof Death's glove, with free will.

If you gained Ultimate power than would you not have more power than an old god and be able to resurrect yourself or at least give others the same power you had? Would take the power and give it to everyone then just put the old gods and stuff in a prison so me and friends wont turn to dust

10+ Year Old Account
    What's stopping the shadowy figure from approaching someone else the same way if I reject him?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sacrifice of course. I either refuse and die fighting and take everyone with me, or I accept and die after saving everyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    If you gained Ultimate power than would you not have more power than an old god and be able to resurrect yourself or at least give others the same power you had? Would take the power and give it to everyone then just put the old gods and stuff in a prison so me and friends wont turn to dust
    It is ultimate power-with clauses and conditions. you are barring their path with a wall of bones. You dont get to resurrect yourself or anyone else-and you don't live after. It's a sacrifice. Game over man.

You want people to fight Cthulhu? haha hahaha

haha

haha

ha

haha
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    What's stopping the shadowy figure from approaching someone else the same way if I reject him?
    Its just you. youre the chosen one, and noone else can do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    You want people to fight Cthulhu? haha hahaha

haha

haha

ha

haha
    I don't think he's actually recruiting....

I'd take the undeath, then try to fight for the survival of others. You're dead either way, so it's really a choice of do you want a possibly slow and painful death or a painful existence and a quick death. (If you're maintaining general brain function as an undead, I'd imagine it being nothing but constant pain. That is unless we go with the 'pretty undead' who aren't falling apart at the seems but through force of will keep themselves animated) Although to be frank, I don't know if an army of undead could stop the old ones. Sure a swarm of (certain kinds of) ants can take down a human, but only because the only attack option they have can actually do some minor amount of damage to a human. The only thing we really know about the old ones is that they were put into death like slumbers long ago, exist out of normal space-time and can cross dimensions. Their anatomy can be manipulated to suit their desires, and I've never seen anything about anyone being able to 'hurt' one. As such, I don't see if one could even stand a chance of winning even with command of the undead. One might simply end up immortal themselves, as their task would never be completed. That is unless you define the armies to exclude all of the old ones, which would then make it a completely pointless sacrifice.
    All of that being said, still it'd be the correct decision from a utilitarian stand point to sacrifice oneself in order to attempt to save others.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    Its just you. youre the chosen one, and noone else can do it.
    Well then the choice is obvious, die having saved the planet with super-powers, or die with the planet. I think I'd choose the one where I don't die like a bitch.