Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There isn't much I wouldn't eat. I tend to like everything, and I don't "No I don't like it" without trying it like many do. However If I'm going to say something I wouldn't eat, then it would be cats/dogs as they are more family to me and not food.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Surströmming

I still remember the smell of it when someone opened a can in a sleeping car. *shrug*
    That is so good on bread with eggs. What is wrong with you person!

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Eyes. In Norwegia and probably other countries too people eat sheep's eyes but I would definitely never eat something that looks back at me.
    Sheep eyes? (If you don't want to see heads on a plate, don't click) Do you mean Smalahove? If so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Liver, kidney, brain, lunch, stomach basically an organ >.<
    But but.. Fish liver so guud fresh-cooked as example:3 Silly english person.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musubi View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_%28food%29

I'm Asian... but not THAT Asian.
    I remember there was an episode of Fear Factor where one of the challenges was to eat balut (while sitting on a picnic blanket surrounded by live ducks, no less). All of the contestants were disgusted by it, while pretty much my entire family was wishing they were in the contestants' shoes at that moment. We love that stuff around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    anything seafoody, ugh
    You make me sad. Stop it.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not click links or read if you are eating, or are about to eat, particularly cheese.

Casu marzu is something I will never eat. It's illegal, and the EU doesn't even think it's food. (I think the EU is right - something with the potential to attack you both before and after eating ought not be considered food.)

Seriously. Stop reading. You don't want to know about this stuff.

Consider this potential side-effect from eating this "delicacy":
    "Once ingested, it’s possible for the [I]Piophila casei[/I] larvae to pass through the human stomach without dying (sometimes stomach acids aren’t enough to kill them). In that case, the maggots may take up residency in the intestines for some time. They can cause serious lesions and bore through intestinal walls, resulting in abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and bloody diarrhoea."

And that's [I]after[/I] eating. Before and during consumption of the "cheese" the maggots like to attack; they can jump up to half a foot and like to go for the eyes.

http://www.ilovecheese.co.uk/casu-marzu-worlds-dangerous-cheese.html
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one? There are hundreds if not thousands of foods I would never even want to smell, let alone eat. I'm extremely picky. Examples: Anything seafood, almost any dairy, most meats and several vegetables.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2014-09-19 at 02:19 PM.

Lamb, veal and piglets. I would never eat a baby...

And spinnach

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically anything I've ever seen on Bizarre Foods lol

Some of the stuff people eat, I really don't understand how they're still alive.

I am a pretty open minded person to trying new foods but one thing I will never eat is BAT GUANO.

Deleted
    Meat, especially blubber, soups too.. can't stand them. I mean why would anyone soak perfectly good food in water?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    snip
    Oh god.

That is gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sauerkraut

That is so disgusting I have no idea why people like it

pickled beets.

I don't find the taste or the texture unpleasant, but my body does. They cause me to heave.

I also tried liver for the first time the other day, and found that it had the same effect on me. I'm not opposed to the taste and texture, but it causes me to heave involuntarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Olives, green or black. I simply hate them. I tried them once, hated them. Couple years later I gave them another chance, maybe I'd like them this time, nope, still hated them. Just the taste of it I hate. If I'm eating a salad or rice and I just get a little taste of it in my mouth I immediately start hunting for the olives and I weed them out. I just hate them, ugh.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Snake, Brussel sprouts, rat, the "essence" of an animal or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Sauerkraut

That is so disgusting I have no idea why people like it
    Ah man, this is the best with sausage or hotdogs. I love it. I guess you have to have a little German in you to like it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-09-19 at 04:03 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Some people are just weird. Like, no seafood? Boiled meats? Lamb? Some people need to get a foody friend to help them out.

People, I wouldn't eat people. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Makes the meat really tender. Boiled ribs are delectable.
    Technically you are supposed to simmer them. But yeah, any time I make a pork soup I use ribs. The meat forks apart into tender little chunks, and you can just scoop the bones right out of there after.

Unfortunately if you are a visual eater though it's impossible to get that caramel brown colour on meat when you soupify it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seafood. I know people who swear by it, but I'm not eating anything that is essentially a giant bug from under the sea. No. Just no.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Seafood. I know people who swear by it, but I'm not eating anything that is essentially a giant bug from under the sea. No. Just no.
    Enjoy not eating about 50% of good food.