Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And you do retain them...
    They're feats then, and you can even show off like a special snowflake, since no one after that can get em anymore.
    What's the problem?
    Your claim about alts is rather irrelevant. Since alts are outright optional.. You get to experience the content, and as you claim, you have experienced it. Then it's even less of an issue.
    No, I don't retain old achievements because they don't give points anymore. I like alts and I want to do stuff on alts, I am not sure why you are saying to me that it's irrelevant. What's wrong with a level 92 alt trying to solo CMs for level 90? Whom does it hurt? Why remove this? Why remove the legendary questline? Etc.

keep laughing and I will continue to watch subscription numbers drop like a rock

Deleted
    Would you rather they update old content and make it work for every expansion, or would you for whatever reason prefer new content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Brawler's Guild's SEASON will end. Season 2 will start with WoD (might be 100% new bosses or some old ones re-tuned, I don't know).
    Exactly...... On that note.....
    Why shouldn't PVP players complain about having their ratings reset to 0 at the start of a season....
    Because.... well, they've accomplished it already. Why do they have to start over again?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

One of the things that irked me the most about Guild Wars 2' Season 1 of their Living Story was the entire temporary aspect of it (aside from rather low quality, but that's a different matter); I never understood creating content and then simply having it temporary when it would only give players with yet another something to do.
    Never raged about it, nor anything - but I've had some World Of Warcraft players actually joking about it. Funny that now that it's Blizzard pulling a temporary card, it's suddenly everything okay for the sake of exclusivity.

Having only purchased 2 expansions at release day so far, I honestly feel sorry for the ones that won't be purchasing WoD at release and had ideas of sticking around on Mists of Pandaria for a while longer, for whatever reasons they might be.
    While the other expansions kept all (if most) of their end-game activities, it seems plenty are getting scrapped now, only to be "re-added" or having a similar activity added, but at WoD's cap level instead.
    What are those players meant to do? Keep on running Siege of Orgrimmar until they end up purchasing the Expansion pack? I bet they aren't tired of SoO by now.

In the end, it seems everything is still the same;
    Doesn't matter what I have and what I get, as long as someone else doesn't have it too and\or is unable to get it.
    We should work to everyone getting the most possible content, not the other way around.

Read OP's post.

Saw OP's name.

Read OP's post again.

Still don't understand what content has been removed.

This thread can only go to wonderful places!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

As far as I'm concerned, whenever Blizzard gives us an opportunity to say to another player "Oh you haven't done X. Shame, its not around anymore, it was really cool" they're doing themselves (and us) an unnecessary disservice.

I'd be in favour of Vanilla Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor be available through the Caverns of Time, so that people could still go there if they wanted *shrug* I know its not possible as the zones were never "backed up" and the new ones are still overlayed ontop of the old... but still.

Having exclusive REWARDS is great. Nothing wrong with that. But leave the content in and remove the exclusive rewards so the gameplay/lore or w/e is still there. Take way the transmog rewards from CM but leave them there for the "90 twinks" to do when they have their gear farmed up. Doing level 60 raids on my level 60 Shaman was AWESOME fun (despite never playing in Vanilla WoW) we were overpowered compared to when it was current, but 7 mannign Zul Gurub was excellent. Sadly no more.

*sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No, I don't retain old achievements because they don't give points anymore. I like alts and I want to do stuff on alts, I am not sure why you are saying to me that it's irrelevant. What's wrong with a level 92 alt trying to solo CMs for level 90? Whom does it hurt? Why remove this? Why remove the legendary questline? Etc.
    Alts are optional, and always have been that....
    And I say that as an altoholic.. I have 14 level 90s... All classes maxed, and a few twice.. Yet still I am fully aware that having alts is but an option, and I don't expect the game to revolve around my alt addiction. If that would be the case, the game would become utterly broken. Cause then the game would have to work in a way that every toon can be at the same progress by the end of an expansion.

Brawler's Guild's SEASON will end. Season 2 will start with WoD (might be 100% new bosses or some old ones re-tuned, I don't know).
    I am tired of answering this. Thanks for that season 2, fine, great, here's your money, Blizzard. But don't remove season 1 which we have, and certainly don't remove rewards for that season. Same for your other points. Clearer?

So, in sum, they made something that was by now quite "regular" a bit more meaningful. Of course behind it there's a try for a little more money, they're a company, that's what they do. Would be pretty silly of them not to make moves in order to keep current players and lure old/new ones.
    There are different ways to get new players. This one, of scaring people into not unsubbing or resubbing quick or they are going to miss out, is bad. That's all I am saying.

I suppose there are worse ones, like putting a gun to your head or threatening to blackmail you by sending a note to your employer should you spend some of the work hours in the game or in the forums, but this one is terrible, too.

It also doesn't work for other games that try it, see GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Ironic considering how little of 'base game's' content is left in the game still.
    Yeah just all the raids (minus Naxx which exists in Wrath form), all the dungeons (ZA/ZG are in Cata form), and 60 levels worth of recently revamped quests and zones. Is it trivialized in terms of difficulty? Sure. But its still there.

1-60 feels like an afterthought with guild perks and heirlooms... without all that crap, its still a fairly involved timesink.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I understand your point. But you really have to look at the whole picture. WoW is an ever-changing game, even the old content you CAN do now isn't anything near what it felt when it was current. It's meant to be enjoyed while it lasts, and that's a good thing. Imagine every single dungeon, raid, quest, zone, EVERYTHING was being re-balanced for the new max level, every single expansion. We'd get less and less content each expansion because of how much time they'd waste re-tuning everything for max level, and you know what would happen? "QQ blizzard is so lazy re-hashing content!"
    No, no, no. If rebalancing is hard, don't rebalance, just leave it as it is. That's what I am saying. And sometimes, like with Brawler's Guild, which they are rebalancing for 100 anyway, the amount of tuning *from there* for level 90 is really, really small, so might as well do it. But that's optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand your point. But you really have to look at the whole picture. WoW is an ever-changing game, even the old content you CAN do now isn't anything near what it felt when it was current. It's meant to be enjoyed while it lasts, and that's a good thing. Imagine every single dungeon, raid, quest, zone, EVERYTHING was being re-balanced for the new max level, every single expansion. We'd get less and less content each expansion because of how much time they'd waste re-tuning everything for max level, and you know what would happen? "QQ blizzard is so lazy re-hashing content!"
    Exactly. Every time they update or 'rehash' something, there is a tidal wave of OMG WTF RECYCLED CONTENT LOL LAZY DEVS whining.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Having exclusive REWARDS is great. Nothing wrong with that. But leave the content in and remove the exclusive rewards so the gameplay/lore or w/e is still there. Take way the transmog rewards from CM but leave them there for the "90 twinks" to do when they have their gear farmed up. Doing level 60 raids on my level 60 Shaman was AWESOME fun (despite never playing in Vanilla WoW) we were overpowered compared to when it was current, but 7 mannign Zul Gurub was excellent. Sadly no more.

*sigh*
    I totally go for that.
    Yet, remove the rewards and see the bitching continue.

This is ridiculous. [/B]
    Yeah I agree with you, your post is bordering on mental retardation.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-09-19 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lince View Post
    Would you rather they update old content and make it work for every expansion, or would you for whatever reason prefer new content?
    Keep old content where it is, no changes / no special rebalancing by default, and add new content.

Deleted
    I do agree with the sentiment that they shouldn't remove content, like the legendary questline. I mean as unlegendary as the actual cloak is, the scenarios and Wrathion's voice acting were really cool. Why remove that?

I have already completed all the fights from the brawlers guild.
    I have several legendary cloaks.
    I had my challenge mode set back in 5.0.

NEVER REMOVE CONTENT.

I had to say what i have because some of you seem to think that this is all about laziness. There are ways to reward loyal players without removing content from the game.

The problem when you remove content is that any trace from that content will slowly dissappear forever, how many players still have some vanilla naxx weapons? the most amazing one probably was the corrupted ashbringer, and i'm sure most of those are sitting in the bank of inactive accounts, some of them will even lose their character name. Any trace of exclusivity or prestige will simply shrink with time, because the new stuff will always have more prestige.

Keeping content makes the gaming experience better, since you have the oportunity to always get stuff that you like for several reasons. It helps to build up strong characters in the sense that you feel like you can always complete your personal view of your character even if you didn't play when that content was current.

My challenge mode set was amazing more than a year ago, it had prestige, it was exclusive at that time, but i won't care if someone could get it one year from now just because he likes the set for transmog and couldn't get it during mop because he either didn't play or didn't have any interest for that class. The same way i can use my T2 for transmog reasons and you won't see me around bragging about how i pwned BWL bossess at level 90 to get it.

What i find insulting about this is that they want to use the loyalty card to justify such a dumb decission. We should also expect and demand loyalty rewards, but removing content is none of that, removing contents is just a strategy to try to get players back in time or to actually remove any interest in staying at level 90 without buying the laste expansion set, the same way they will release the anniversary raid only for lvl100 players despite having the technology to make it aviable for every player from every level.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no. If rebalancing is hard, don't rebalance, just leave it as it is. That's what I am saying. And sometimes, like with Brawler's Guild, which they are rebalancing for 100 anyway, the amount of tuning *from there* for level 90 is really, really small, so might as well do it. But that's optional.
    No offense but you don't work for Blizzard - so you're in no position whatsoever to declare what is/isn't a 'small' task for them.

Deleted
    ./sigh do you not get it yet?

let me spell it out.

The have made a design CHOICE that some content will not be available once a new expansion come out.

Some people thinks it bad some people think its good.

As to your example it hurts the people that spent the time doing it when it is current.

It also discourages people from doing the Warlords challange modes when they are current as some people will say "who cares I can solo them when I am 110 in expac 6", engouraging people to do challanging content while it is relevant is good for the game imo.

I like the idea of some exclusive content, it makes it fell worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Exactly...... On that note.....
    Why shouldn't PVP players complain about having their ratings reset to 0 at the start of a season....
    Because.... well, they've accomplished it already. Why do they have to start over again?
    I guess you don't know, but there's a hidden rating that doesn't get reset between seasons, and the visible rating gets to that invisible rating pretty fast.