Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    OP I find it hilarious you think you have a point, when all this rage stems from the fact you are too damn lazy or bad to get most of those achievements before they are removed.

Removing content is a good thing, it means those of us that actually played in MoP have something to show for it. They should go one step further and remove the SoO heroic title and mount, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Valor was a way to gear alts. Justice lost that quality, yes.
    Actually, grinding reputation was what got you access to the gear. VP/JP alone got you nothing. Once you got that gear (or better in raids), the significance of either dropped off entirely. Blizzard manufactured that importance when they allowed you to upgrade your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally from what I can tell, the op is upset he/she couldn't complete CM Modes or Brawl Guild because they lacked the skill/awareness required, so was hoping to smash it all at level 100 but found out they couldn't. If you want a chance at Brawl Guild and CM Modes, they're there at level 100. Have at it. If not, it only just further proves you wanted to faceroll the 90 CM Modes and Brawl Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    You do know that mount drop rate is very small that people will be farming that mount for months right? Brawl Guild rewards a mount at the end, which makes it an accomplishment.
    Yes, I know this. Some things, like mounts, change drop rates, others, like gear / tokens / recipes / mats / achievements / etc, don't. If you want to say that the Brawler's Guild mount is so special that they should alter its drop rate, fine, let them do this. This is no reason to just remove the Brawler's Guild for 90s and zeroing achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I know this. Some things, like mounts, change drop rates, others, like gear / tokens / recipes / mats / achievements / etc, don't. If you want to say that the Brawler's Guild mount is so special that they should alter its drop rate, fine, let them do this. This is no reason to just remove the Brawler's Guild for 90s and zeroing achievements.
    You've got 3-4 weeks to do CM Modes and/or Brawl Guild before it is removed. You've been given a notice and a chance. If it's taken you 2 years to do it, it's either laziness, lack of motivation or skill. Which tells me that the content was not made for you. Those two pieces of content aren't made for everyone, it's not there for everyone to do. It's there for players that have the awareness/skill. Keeping them in at level 100 kinda trivializes it, which is why they're releasing level 100 versions.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the Gold CM modes reward armour sets right? Kinda fucks over the people that actually worked to get that armor
    What seems to be a problem? Do their sets melt?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we remove old raid tiers after new ones come out? Do we remove raids for old level cap when new ones come? No, we leave them, despite them getting simpler or even trivial, despite the rewards stopping being actual, etc. It's the same here.
    Nax 40man, Ony 40man, ZG 20man and ZA 10man would like to have a word with you.

Personally from what I can tell, the op is upset he/she couldn't complete CM Modes or Brawl Guild because they lacked the skill/awareness required, so was hoping to smash it all at level 100 but found out they couldn't. If you want a chance at Brawl Guild and CM Modes, they're there at level 100. Have at it. If not, it only just further proves you wanted to faceroll the 90 CM Modes and Brawl Guild.
    LOL. That sure is it. /sarcasm

I completed both CM modes and Brawler's Guild.

I am worried about something else entirely. First, I have little to do for alts. Second, if I knew that achievements for CM modes will be gone, I wouldn't do them at all, I don't like them (I would still do Brawler's Guild). Here's what I am worried about: what "new" achievements in WoD are going to be removed after WoD? It isn't fun to be doing something which you know might get removed after. If Blizzard continue removing achievements in particular, I will likely just stop caring about them as a form of gameplay. I don't think this is an effect they are going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree, I don't care if they make them practically impossible such as the end raid mounts, but removing things all together is just cheap. They've said in the past removing things has been a mistake, yet it seems they've gone back on that word.
    I have 3 cloaks, Challenge Mode gold, Brawlers guild, etc. yet I fully disagree on their removal.

If you want to say that the Brawler's Guild mount is so special that they should alter its drop rate, fine, let them do this. This is no reason to just remove the Brawler's Guild for 90s and zeroing achievements.
    Well.. the Brawler's Guild mount is something you buy, it's not a drop. There is literally nothing preventing you, once you've beaten the Brawler's Guild, from obtaining the mount. Not RNG, not someone "stealing" the mount. Nothing. Considering how long the BG has been in the game, there's more than enough chance for anyone to get the mount. There is an EXTREMELY SMALL amount of people that actually care for the mount that much that if they haven't gotten it now, would of wanted it after it was gone.

Also, they're not zeroing achievements... you still have them if you got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dingo View Post
    Nax 40man, Ony 40man, ZG 20man and ZA 10man would like to have a word with you.
    First, these are exceptions. Second, and more important, removing originals was a bad choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What seems to be a problem? Do their sets melt?
    The point of the armour is an incentive for skilled players. (Which is what the design philosophy behind CM Modes is) They've stated in the past that this content is not meant for the average Joe or everyone in that aspect. So why go against that philosophy and keep it in for level 100s to steamroll through it?

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    OP I find it hilarious you think you have a point, when all this rage stems from the fact you are too damn lazy or bad to get most of those achievements before they are removed.
    I have all these achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

You've got 3-4 weeks to do CM Modes and/or Brawl Guild before it is removed. You've been given a notice and a chance. If it's taken you 2 years to do it, it's either laziness, lack of motivation or skill. Which tells me that the content was not made for you. Those two pieces of content aren't made for everyone, it's not there for everyone to do. It's there for players that have the awareness/skill. Keeping them in at level 100 kinda trivializes it, which is why they're releasing level 100 versions.
    I don't know how many more times do I have to say it: I have all of that done. I am not arguing that these things shouldn't be removed because I couldn't do them in current gear / was too lazy / etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I didn't do like 90% of the things you are whining about being removed. Never tried a CM, brawler's guild I did like 2 fights maybe and said this is dumb and have never been back. I have done like 3 scenarios, Proving grounds I did on one of my guys don't recall which and it was boring as well. I don't mind if they remove content that made no sense being added in the first place. For all I can remove pet battles as well it is worthless

Deleted
    I have all these achievements.
    Sure you do.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know how many more times do I have to say it: I have all of that done. I am not arguing that these things shouldn't be removed because I couldn't do them in current gear / was too lazy / etc.
    And what I'm saying is the design philosophy behind CM Modes was that if you are skilled, this content is for you. As I've stated in my other post, the content is not made for everyone, as the Developers themselves have said in the past.

You do know that mount drop rate is very small that people will be farming that mount for months right?
    By the way, note how leaving raid mounts in raids with an altered droprate provides for quite a lot of gameplay for alts. Look around, that's what people do when they exhaust other forms of content - they farm old mounts in raids. Or they farm legendaries. Or rare recipes. Why the heck remove things that WORK?? Just leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Oh look, yet another whine for the sake of whining topic.

Blizzard, please keep removing old "content" that is too costy to rebalance, thank you.
    I want to whine about your profile pic. It's always bothered me. Everytime I see it.

I'm not sure why. I don't know if it's the hair, or the angle that makes it look like her neck would be aching for days.

But I never really thought about the impact on level 90's, OP.

It does kind of suck if you don't buy the expansion and can't participate in those things the expansion highlighted as features.

You still have scenarios and dungeons and heroic dungeons, but it does seem a bit unfair that you can't do challenge modes or brawler's guild. Proving grounds, I guess. I was never a fan of proving grounds but didn't participate in them much to begin with.

Honestly I've never done brawler's guild either despite always wanting to. Couldn't ever afford a ticket and nobody would ever respond to me about an invite through the guild.

I will argue with you that there are plenty of things to do right now though. Well, for the sake of completion and a lot of them are grindy like leveling pets for pet battles. But there's still a few things to do that are somewhat fun like older raids or progressing in current raids once the stat squish goes live and people level up to carry you through. Mount collecting.

Either way I do agree that it sucks to remove features, and it definitely does seem like they could do a better job balancing things at non-max level.

I think that's one thing I find way better about Guild Wars 2, the special events scale you up to max level so you can participate in them. You scale down to lower levels, and they add in things so frequently. I'd advise you to check that game out instead, especially since it's free to play. But I know how hard it is switching to a different game when you've invested so much time into another and the controls and ui is far easier to understand in WoW.

If only I could combine Aion, Guild Wars 2, and WoW into one game with the aspects I like from each. Oh, and a few features/aspects of DC Universe as well.

To be honest they could have kept the MoP Challenge Modes by doing the same as they did with Algalon and the Herald of the Titans title.
    Just make the achievement 90 only with MoP max ilvl gear.

You and any other person had 2 years to do that content. If you refused to do it and decided to not be subbed long enough to do it, it's your loss.