Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What the fuck is "company culture" anyway?

My "company culture" is that the whole company is closed for winter holidays. Now that's a nice "company culture" right there and no shitty situation like this every arises.

Also in this company the value of an employee is not measured by the internet usage, but by the tasks solved. You can fuck the internet in the ass all day long if in the end no one has anything to complain about, says the "company culture"

As for charging something in computer's USB, my "company culture" says that you can insert your dick into a USB device and charge your balls through that method, so obviously a phone is not a problem either.

Not to mention that my "company culture" has this Christmas party for employees children with fake Santa & shit (they couldn't find the real one), not to fucking fire their mothers for loving them.

FUCK YOUR SHITTY COMPANY AND ITS MOTHERFUCKING CULTURE!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just odd that her insisting she gets first pick on vacation is what set you off.

Culture. You keep saying that. I'm trying not to assume you really mean, you and those around you, don't care for her for trivial/personal reasons.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't a simple "No, you can't have this time off" be enough?

I 100% agree, it's only fair that everybody has to work the second xmas, if that's company policy. Most people want that time of the year off. Keeping it fair is the smart way to go about it. Firing her seems like massive overkill though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragetag View Post
    Easy there guys,i absolutely support OP for sacking the lazy "ABOVE ALL" ressource overusing bitch,where do you guys live,like mars or smtng,ppl are dying every day and youre worried about some milf for not doing whats shes payed for? Welcome to real life!Let her plan some vacation at McDonalds now....
    While what she didn't wasn't right, there are multiple ways to achieve that goal, one would say taking that person apart and speaking to them trying to resolve a possible future conflict and warning them about their behavior would be a superior way of dealing it rather then playing "sherlock" and finding strikes.

I didn't like my employer and he didn't like me personally that doesn't mean we can't work together professionally as long my results are there.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Chickstor View Post
    Even if there is a policy at least in the UK a company must give you 2 weeks notice that they are investigating your internet usage and must state a valid reason to do so.
    Seems like a silly and unnecessary intrusion. If the employer's internet access is what's being used, the employee has no logical argument for privacy in either their work related (i.e. proper) or non-work related (i.e. improper) usage of that connection.

Ah, TheBeardedOne, your threads never fail to amuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Sorry to say but you do sound like a douche, a mother wanting to spend christmas with her children is not really all that strange.

I would guess they do not want to pay for the electricity it takes, no matter how little effect it have in the big picture.
    Most companies ban that because of security reasons. You *might* be charging, or stealing company data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Tks for the post I realize this guy is a troll now after reading the other threads or just an awful human being.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Most companies ban that because of security reasons. You *might* be charging, or stealing company data.
    Those are the dumb companies. The not retarded ones don't even have working USB connections or DVD writers if security is an issue...

10+ Year Old Account
    He's basically a sanctioned troll.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algrumm View Post
    I can see why you let her go provided she had agreed not to plug-in external hardware / the credit card issues. However your communication skills about the issue(s) are woeful. Granted we don't know the full story, but based on your post not once did you communicate anything with her.
    He's venting on a forum. That calls for a different style.

I highly doubt he spoke to that woman with any deviation as from what has been suggested by legal department.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Like a lot of college students that know everything, you're very likely wrong on any and all of your points. Without knowing (or needing to know) many of the workplace particulars, I can point out that

1) your internet usage in your workplace on their connection is not private for you, period. There are not two rational sides to that question.
    2) Lots of reasons having a connected device can be improper in a work place -- clean desk rules, for instance, so that employees have no means by which to document customer information (common at financial institutions, for example), or just general rules about employee productivity, keep your phone put away so you focus on your work.
    3) Yes, it's perfectly normal. It's not always an option for every employee depending on the terms of their employment. Regardless, it's highly unlikely that "didn't get requested time off" is grounds for a lawsuit.
    1) Controlling internet usage is stated in the right of privacy. A company can check it but ONLY if the employee has knowledge of this. Maybe laws around this are different in your country.

2)You proved your point here, didn't think about that. But is it a reason to fire someone without a warning?

3)I also agree with you here. I understand that she can't get christmass off but OP seems to make a big deal out of it when she was protesting. I'm sure there might be an arrangement made to make everyone happy.

Please tell us your company so I can be sure to never support you.

Douches gonna douche.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    So today i had the opportunity to someone who put himself before everyone else.
    So we were organizing christmas leave and this woman who works for us thought she had right to first pick because she had children.
    Now at my work everyone works the Christmas break every second year regardless. If your new tough luck.
    Well she thought she and her children were above and more important than everyone else.
    So after the meeting i did some auditing of her company cridt card and her internet use. I also went to ber desk were her iphone was usb charging off her computer.

Lucky for me it only took 30minutes to find the three strikes i needed to fire her. So she was dismissed on the spot.

She didn't fit with compnay culture and put herslef first.

It was the first time i sacked anyone and i didn't feel bad for it.

So have you ever sacked anyone and how did you feel?

Edit
    Looking at her company credit card i found she was misusing it and we can charge her for credit card fraud. IT looked at her internet usage
    Your sentence structure / grammar is beyond horrible, this looks like it was written by a 12 year old.

Also:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1368159-new-job

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1368197-slavery

0/10

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow. douche of the decade. Chris Brown had the award, but you clearly deserve it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Those are the dumb companies. The not retarded ones don't even have working USB connections or DVD writers if security is an issue...
    Lots of companies where employees deal with sensitive customer information (personal/financial) have clean desk policies that not only mean no phone (into which data can be manually entered) but also no paper (because written language happens), the goal being that if any employee wants to get customer data out of the work place, they'll have to memorize it.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    He's basically a sanctioned troll.
    The leap from housebound alcoholic to department manager was a fast one. Let's face it - he only wanted to fire her because her dog wee'd on his car
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    My USB slot is disabled, and yet I can take a pic at the screen and post it on FB.
    No phones at work.
    Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leap from housebound alcoholic to department manager was a fast one. Let's face it - he only wanted to fire her because her dog wee'd on his car
    You progress fast in your chosen career path when you don't tell anything resembling the truth. Like I said, he's a troll, an extremely obvious one, and for some reason isn't IP banned.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    About their company culture. Company culture is probably one of the most important things. If a company has a bad one, the productivity will drop drastically.