Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hate when people use the excuse "but she is a mother, now she is a mother without a job!"

Same could be said for fathers too, but hardly anyone does unless it was a single father. If her kids were that important, she shouldn't have been breaking the rules. Trying to find a reason is a dick move, but no matter how well I work at a company, I always do my best to make sure I follow all the rules regardless how much leeway I could have. The moment someone doesn't like you, bam out you go.

I got let go once because I was HELPING our company tech support, by plugging my laptop into the router, apparently a security issue, even though that router has free wifi -.-. Just cause the manager didnt know what the hell he was talking about.

Your kids are important, but shouldnt be used to get your way. She was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    Tell yourself that enough times and you might even believe it. Fact is that you acted in the wrong. If she has a valid contract you can't just say "we don't need you anymore. Bye." You have to give her warning that she's doing stuff that are not as they should be, and give her a chance to redeem. Unless there is some really serious stuff happening, and charging a phone does not qualify for that.
    Clearly you've never heard of at-will employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    You're reading a different thread than me then, this is very interesting to read. The "that poor woman" crowd vs the "well, she deserved it".
    No I'm reading the same thread. It was interesting to see OP try to defend stealing $50 from teens in his last thread too, but I still don't think he's being truthful

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    I admit I laughed quite a bit at the number of people posting "omg invasion of privacy! you can't do that!" responses.
    I did as well. When you work for a company owned by someone else in a building not owned by yourself, you have zero privacy outside of a bathroom stall. It is their company, their building/office space, their time and their rules. Don't like it? Don't work for someone other than yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by avprox777 View Post
    Clearly you've never heard of at-will employment.
    Which roughly translates into - "We will fire you if we don't like you or if you start making too much money!"

Also

"Even if you quit we'll still send you a notification letter saying we fired you!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Yeah, but it serves as a good excuse to make people who think firing someone over financial fraud and violation of company IT security policy is UNFAIR and CRUEL feel stupid. In the end, that's really what counts.
    I agree with this.. Stealing is stealing...
    Now one could if they wanted to talk to the person who did it, depending on the severity, but that's really not to be expected... I believe what upsets the ones that condemn him is expression of why he did it.
    He wanted to get her, he wanted to find something he can pin on her... And that's what upsets em.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Which roughly translates into - "We will fire you if we don't like you or if you start making too much money!"
    Yep. It sucks, but it's the way it is.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Ah, TheBeardedOne, your threads never fail to amuse
    Haha, i thought the same thing soon as i see the name of the OP, i knew this was going to be a lalafairyland story probably all made up, least he was not surfing this time. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No I'm reading the same thread. It was interesting to see OP try to defend stealing $50 from teens in his last thread too, but I still don't think he's being truthful
    ahhhhhh yes.. now that's a gem right there....... lol
    Compare the two stories hahahaha....

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post

Also

"Even if you quit we'll still send you a notification letter saying we fired you!"
    This would be a bad idea on the companies part. If someones quits (at least in the US) then they can't get unemployment. If someones quits and then the company decides to fire you, you can then get unemployment. Since being fired for quitting is not negligence on your part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    This would be a bad idea on the companies part. If someones quits (at least in the US) then they can't get unemployment. If someones quits and then the company decides to fire you, you can then get unemployment. Since being fired for quitting is not negligence on your part.
    I'm sure it's not a common occurrence but I added it because it was a personal story.

Everyone's focusing on what you did instead of how you feel about it.
    The fact that you did not even care/feel bad about it, shows you're a douchebag.

Don't worry, I am with you. But don't deny when people on Internet call you that, they have more than a reason provided by you...

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She obviously violated company policy which I understand would necessitate the termination of employment.

1. Company credit card abuse
    2. Security policy violation in reference to Personal devices. (for those of you not aware, a USB plug is a direct link to the PC not just a charger, it facilitates data communication and can thus lead to PC/computer infection by a virus on the phone or could even unknowingly lead to the download or saving of company information as the process of linking your phone to you PC causes it to register as a storage drive.)
    3. Misuse of company internet.

So she had the necessary three strikes against her to be let go, simple as that.

However...where I find issue with this post is the OP coming here to brag about firing a person more so a mother, as if she is some big game animal he shot on a hunting tip.

You sir are garbage and the pinnacle of an unprofessional douche bag. I get it you had a job to do but don't come to a forum to brag about it, have a little bit of fucking professional pride.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    So today i had the opportunity to someone who put himself before everyone else.
    So we were organizing christmas leave and this woman who works for us thought she had right to first pick because she had children.
    Now at my work everyone works the Christmas break every second year regardless. If your new tough luck.
    Well she thought she and her children were above and more important than everyone else.
    So after the meeting i did some auditing of her company cridt card and her internet use. I also went to ber desk were her iphone was usb charging off her computer.

Lucky for me it only took 30minutes to find the three strikes i needed to fire her. So she was dismissed on the spot.

She didn't fit with compnay culture and put herslef first.

It was the first time i sacked anyone and i didn't feel bad for it.

So have you ever sacked anyone and how did you feel?

Edit
    Looking at her company credit card i found she was misusing it and we can charge her for credit card fraud. IT looked at her internet usage
    You went out of your way to fire somebody...

classy
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys........ his last two threads... This one, and the one before....

This really has to be posted side by side..... or on top of one another...
    speaks for itself..
    First this:
    Hypothetically speaking of course, is the following right, wrong or a greay area.
    So i was in a country town at the shops and some youths approached me and asked if i could buy them cigarettes. Now not been from around here i thought i would teach these morons a lesson. So i said yes and they gave me $50.
    I walked in the shopping centre did what i had to and walked out the other entrance and doubled back to my car avoiding them then drove off into the sunset with free money.
    Is this right or wrong or is it ok cause it taught these idiots a good life lesson, people are generally arseholes and will screw you over.
    Then the OP here..
    So today i had the opportunity to someone who put himself before everyone else.
    So we were organizing christmas leave and this woman who works for us thought she had right to first pick because she had children.
    Now at my work everyone works the Christmas break every second year regardless. If your new tough luck.
    Well she thought she and her children were above and more important than everyone else.
    So after the meeting i did some auditing of her company cridt card and her internet use. I also went to ber desk were her iphone was usb charging off her computer.

Lucky for me it only took 30minutes to find the three strikes i needed to fire her. So she was dismissed on the spot.

She didn't fit with compnay culture and put herslef first.

It was the first time i sacked anyone and i didn't feel bad for it.

So have you ever sacked anyone and how did you feel?

Edit
    Looking at her company credit card i found she was misusing it and we can charge her for credit card fraud. IT looked at her internet usage

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't resulting in any kind of productive discussion at this point. Closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |