Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If your 3 hunters are your best range, they should be in. If they can't perform, they shouldn't be in. Simple as that.
    Same can be said for any class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Which was blatantly the entire point of his statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Think u missed the point he was trying to make and made it your own.

3 hunters sounds in a roster sounds alright, 2 in a fight and 1 on the bench. AotF is good and all, but 3 min. for 6 seconds isn't cray cray. Hopefully our dmg will be tuned nicely so we're not down at the bottom with tanks on fights with no or low movement.

I think MM will be competitive on Patchwerk fights. They've already stated an intent to tune them between immobile caster's and the other hunter specs.

I think MM will be competitive on Patchwerk fights. They've already stated an intent to tune them between immobile caster's and the other hunter specs.
    MM will only be competitive on single-target/2 target cleave fights unless the fight involves movement like Siegecrafter or Hansgar&Franzok(or whatever the boss is, conveyor belts and stuff).

Deleted
    right now mm is very competitive on single target /cleave fights, well, aoe is crappy as everyone knows, i think devs want mm to be the top spec for single target and bm/sv for aoe or high movement fights. anyway i fear mm and bm dmg relies too much on tier bonus and celestalon has said that tier bonuses are overtuned, let's see if they don't nerf them to the ground

No reason to have 3 if you have two 99% attendance hunters, not like your actually going to fill your 13 dps slots with 3 hunters ever (apart from that 1 boss out of 17). Most hc guilds ran 2 in 25m raids the last 4 tiers, no reason to go balls to the wall just because we got a raid cd.
    If your hunters cant keep up with your raid schedule then I suppose 3 is fine and this would be a fairly stupid question.

lol the most important thing is who can learn a fight while maximizing dps the fastest

a big baller warlock who dies to jinrokh heroic progression but does amazing ultraxion dmg isn't safe from the bench

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    At least 5.

Hope you're right. We have 4 at the moment D:

10+ Year Old Account
    We're a non-penalized ranged DPS class who finally has a decent raid CD for most of the mythic encounters.

I don't see a problem, besides gear distribution for progression, with having 3-5 hunters in a Mythic group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bontar View Post
    From a gearing up point of view it makes some sense. Since primary stats swap with spec now, armor class is what matters. Hunters and shamans are the only mail wearers, while the other armor classes all have 3 classes each. Makes more sense to have an extra hunter or shaman.
    Caveat is that ranged weapons are fairly uncommon, coin or no. (Though, from the shaman's point of view, the same can be said about caster shields with or without spirit)

Yeah, but you'll literally only need three ranged weapons for 3 hunters. I don't know if weapons change stats too, but if a mace can be INT or AGI or STR, you could potentially have a fuckton of classes rolling for it.

Now that I think about it, it seems like weapons have to be static, like jewelry etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but you'll literally only need three ranged weapons for 3 hunters. I don't know if weapons change stats too, but if a mace can be INT or AGI or STR, you could potentially have a fuckton of classes rolling for it.

Now that I think about it, it seems like weapons have to be static, like jewelry etc.
    They are. Only primary armor pieces change stats.

In my opinion based on the new agility/intelect str/intelect system. The best gearing for a 20 man raid will be to have 5 clothers 5 leather 5 mail and 5 plate wearers.
    but ofc unless if you are going for world top kills then having +1/2 or even +3 of one type instead of another won't be much of an issue.
    I would say 2 hunters and 2 shamans are the minimum

I dont see anything wrong with having 5 or more hunters in the raid, generally as a raid class hunters deal with raid mechanics alot better without sacrificing DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by asphyx5 View Post
    Hope there's no raid fights like Siegecrafter Blackfuse Heroic, The Belt Team all i heard was Hunter this hunter that, got old after awhile.
    We have it so easy on Blackfuse, idk what you're talking about. I literally don't even know how to do the platform, something about bombs from what I hear in mumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    We're a non-penalized ranged DPS class who finally has a decent raid CD for most of the mythic encounters.

I don't see a problem, besides gear distribution for progression, with having 3-5 hunters in a Mythic group.
    So you entire reasoning for bringing 3-5 hunters in a mythic group (which I find hilarious btw) is because we have no penalty for moving? Why is it that ''cast on move'' is considered such an OP ability for our class?
    Let me remind you: we have no dots, yea we can pick it as a talent and drop dps for not picking other talents, but in general, all other ranged classes have way more effective means to battle 2 or 3 target encounters. Even then, what about dogs on the flamedude, are you going to have 3-4 hunters on that fight? No you're not, because if you handle the dogs properly thats 50% of the fight, and dots on those 4 dogs are super effective. So its not only 2target boss fights that stand out for dotters. Any 2,3 target fight will most likely favour any other ranged because of their dots, which MEANS that they will do more dmg than hunters regardless whether they can move or not.
    I'm not saying hunters are bad because of that, I'm saying we have cast on move as a tradeoff. Just like DoTs, casting on the move will not always be that usefull. Almost everyone seems to forget that.

Bringing up the fact that we now have a raid cd also doesnt attribute anything to your opinion of having 3-5 hunters. I agree its decent(not amazing/op or bad). Our raid cd will only be superamazing on a couple of fights (just look at SoO), but mediocore or even poor on others. I think its a neat cd but nowhere near the level where you actually want to recruit more hunters for it. If you want it that bad maintain a hunter alt I'd say. Also every dps class now at least got something to benefit the raid, which even further contradicts the statement of 3+ hunters in a raid being the norm.

You'll almost never have 3 hunters in a raid if you want a balanced mythic group, let alone 4 or 5. Do I have to remind you that there's only 13 DPS slots and 13 DPS specs? That's right, 1 slot for every spec IF you go 5heals. Now obviously that will almost never happen, but just *thinking* 3 hunters in a raid is ''normal'' in a mythic group is retarded because that would be an extremely unbalanced raid comp.

Oh yes and I didnt even talk about gearing yet, because I'm replying to someone who excluded that from his argument. But lets not forget the less people you have to gear the more ''effective'' gear you will have. Much wow.

So yes I do see a problem with having 3-5 hunters. In short I dont see a reason to actually have 3+ hunters in a mythic roster (excluding external factors like attendance, skill/competition, etc) and I havent seen any solid argument for it yet.
    The only reason I see for actually having 3 or more is if hunter DPS turn out to be really, really good. That hasnt been the case for the past 4 tiers though.

The raid will be gimped DPS wise if you bring more than one hunter. Even one hunter is one too many but should bring one token hunter in case there is a mundane task to be done that you don't want your high dps toons to be wasted on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    The raid will be gimped DPS wise if you bring more than one hunter. Even one hunter is one too many but should bring one token hunter in case there is a mundane task to be done that you don't want your high dps toons to be wasted on.
    mm is right now one of the most powerful ranged specs, meles are out of control.