Deleted

[tv show] Borgia Faith and Fear

So after trying to look for a thread for this wonderful series I have noticed there is none as of yet. So I decided to make one.

Who is also following this glorious show about the Borgia family? (not to be confused with 'the borgias' which is highly inferrior to this series)
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2014-09-19 at 09:58 PM.

i actually liked the borgias show. calling it inferior may be a stretch. ill hold judgement til i watch this new show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    i actually liked the borgias show. calling it inferior may be a stretch. ill hold judgement til i watch this new show.
    Well I liked the borgias show aswell, but I liked this one much more. The borgias is a good show but not neccisarly a historical show, borgia is a highly historical show that tries to stick to the facts as much as it can and I think the writing is also much better, even though the cast is not as good. (extremely low budget compared to the borgias) And this show also finishes the whole story where the borgias got canceled before they got as far (extremely shitty).

I also think the characters are way more briliant then they are in the borgias, della roverre is very interesting and 100% different then in the borgias, the farnese's are much more important, I like the colonna/sforza/orsini families alot (mostly absent in the borgias) and I think the borgia family is overal more interesting, there are also much more borgias then in 'the borgias'.

outside of that I don't really mind the low budget, the actors are great, the various accents add something to the story (why wouldn't a frenchman speak with a french accent? Why wouldn't a german speak with a german accent? Especially in 1500) and because of the budget it focusses less on action and more on the story and what happened. Although one thing that is definitely better about the borgias is that it's much much faster then this show (although season 2/3 are very 'fast') as this show tries to explain everything and everyone from the roman nobility to the kings of europe and sometimes takes too much time (multiple episodes for just choosing the pope as the least spoilery example I can give).

Both shows have it's upsides and downsides, but borgia definitely has more better points then the borgias.

Although this is a show you will definitely have to watch more then 1 episode of to enjoy where the borgias immediatly started of good and was enjoyable from the getgo. Borgia needs some kind of buildup before everything starts to move.
    Last edited by mmoc91d120d86f; 2014-09-20 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tip, this show sounds promising! I originally started watching The Borgias expecting it to be The Tudors in Vatican, but I was disappointed with the series, and ultimately just stopped watching it at some point in season 2. I will definitely take a good look at this.
    Last edited by mmoc29422b2d1a; 2014-09-26 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyllypaladin View Post
    Thanks for the tip, this show sounds promising! I originally started watching The Borgias expecting it to be The Tudors in Vatican, but I was disappointed with the series, and ultimately just stopped watching it at some point in season 2. I will definitely take a good look at this.
    It's a really good series. It reminds me a lot of rome, my most favorite history series before I found out about this one.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, whats this? A sequel? Unrelated? Unrelated but mocks the other show?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    Wait, whats this? A sequel? Unrelated? Unrelated but mocks the other show?
    Not a sequal but unrelated. The two shows (the borgias & borgia) were made around the same time and pretty much tell the same story, they both do it very differently though. The main positive thing is that Borgia managed to finish the whole story (last season ended a few weeks ago) while the borgias couldn't.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if Nextlix has the whole series? I mean all of season 3 episodes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyllypaladin View Post
    Does anyone know if Nextlix has the whole series? I mean all of season 3 episodes.
    I am not sure.. I heard they have them but they don't have em in my country. And that seriously sucks as I was at episode 6 when they stopped appearing on the piratebay. (as sadly, there is no other way to watch the series in my country )