10+ Year Old Account

[Idea] Blizzard account service: Swap system

Heya all,

always had this simple idea that I many times would have begged to see in motion. It is quite a more fancy way of discount. From my own experience, I have been in need of this kind of idea a lot.

The overall idea of the 'Swap' system is to replace.

Lets say a name change but you already have the name on an alt. Then you pay for the swap of the names, switching the names around. This could be used for character transfer as well. Having a char on one server but wish to switch it with a char on another server, this could do as well. General function could be swapping mains.

Prices would still have to be okay. Maybe 1½ of original transfer/name change.

Of course, I know this may look like a luxery but could save for some / many. You could just say, you could move when, then the other. In this case of examples, I couldn't. Many times wanting to switch a character from a server with a full list to another server with a full list - if just moving one away, it would turn too high in price - being 3 moves if so.

What do you guys think?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Could be an added an alternate function of the name change service. Interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really seeing why such a service would be necessary or useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'm not really seeing why such a service would be necessary or useful.
    As said, for example, switch of main, some wants to move the names around (basicly, same setting, you just change around on the name if you have that want, have seen people wanting that too). Or in my actual happening, moving 1 char from a full list and swap it with 1 char from another full list, being 2 transfers instead of 3
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    While a nice idea, it can't happen because the main reason prices are there is not because of 'admin costs' or 'labor' but to discourage people from doing that for one reason or another, and this idea would encourage it. So... Blizzard wouldn't even bother with it (unless it came with a higher price tag, as you mentioned)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    While a nice idea, it can't happen because the main reason prices are there is not because of 'admin costs' or 'labor' but to discourage people from doing that for one reason or another, and this idea would encourage it. So... Blizzard wouldn't even bother with it (unless it came with a higher price tag, as you mentioned)
    Oh, the price tag I expect would be higher than a single service. The idea is just generally to simplify the administrative perspective and multiple sections of actions that has to be activated.

For example:

CharB needs to be switched with CharA but both their server lists are full. This means that CharB has to move to a 3rd server so CharA can move to B's list and then CharB have to move to A's list (3 transfers).

Could be solved with a more priced swap transfer, CharA just swaps with CharB. (1 transfer (technically 2 transfers)).

I have had many situations where I could have used this service. Of course, I guess maybe just due to my rather high activity with leveling and raiding at the same time.