Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You'd think with everything that's going on with ISIS, that the security would be extra tight.
    Wherever the president is there are several layers so to speak of protection. A guy hopping the fence would never get near the man himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well I wasn't saying this doofus should of been shot...I'm just saying that if it's easy enough to do this in the middle of the day then can it be really hard for a trained professional to do this at night?
    I don't think getting to the building has ever really been an issue.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yeah but if it's easy enough for some random idiot to jump the fence in the middle of the day imagine how much easier it would be for trained person(s) to do so at night...I'm not a huge fan of Obama but these people should be doing more and they just kinda fail him IMO.
    There are far easier ways for trained personnel to kill the president than trying to get to him while he is in the white house.

Its actually impossible to protect the white house.

Amazon, etc. wants to build drones that can carry items to your house. All someone needs to do is repurpose those to carry bombs, and then fly 100 of them over the white house and blow it up. You could launch them from a mile away and they would be unstoppable.

One idea would be to just fly a plane over the ocean in international waters by Washington DC. Just drop 100 drones carrying bombs out the back and keep flying. Let them sit dormant for several hours, maybe a day, maybe a week. Head home to Iran or whatever. Then they launch and all drop their bombs on the White House.

Its not quite doable yet, but in 5-10 years it should be easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    So if any random Joe can do this, what's stopping someone wearing a suicide vest?

Security fail.
    Random Jose here has experience with jumping fences and running, me think.

I could also be extremely racist!

You use to be able to have picnics on the white house front yard.
    However since obama with the whole tea party movement that formed with him being president, and literally there has been more terrorist attacks on US soil by republican and tea party affiliated people than islamist during his admin, and on tea party and gun advocate online forums they threaten to bomb the white house and shoot the president, i fear for his live if any of them ever try to really carry out there plans. Certain people these days are so blinded by hate and ignorance towards this president, his policies aren't even close to extreme compared with FDR or reagan, yet i think personally they are blinded by his race.
    Last edited by user531345; 2014-09-20 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Random Jose here has experience with jumping fences and running, me think.

I could also be extremely racist!
    You can say what we all already know: This was obviously just a Mexican hoping to find a job there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    So if any random Joe can do this, what's stopping someone wearing a suicide vest?

Security fail.
    Those evil suicide bombers, lurking behind every corner.

Government sure did a good job of conditioning people into feeling scared and unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think so. The US Air force would take out any unauthorized object(s) before they even came close to the White House. Any unauthorized plane wouldn't even make it into US waters and if they launched something in international waters, that object would quickly be taken out.
    You cannot "take out" drones. They are too small and fly too low to the ground. Drones can mosey in between buildings, homes, stop on the ground in a field somewhere, then pick up and take off again. You can't pick them up on radar. Its a logistical nightmare.

Even IF you could find them before they hit their target, you're talking about warfare between your drones and enemy drones AT STREET LEVEL. So you shoot them down and they drop their bomb payload on top of Starbucks instead. Great.

They say that hackers are ahead of security when it comes to computers, and the hackers are getting further ahead, the hackers are winning, not losing. The same will be true for terrorism. You simply cannot protect against terrorism, and not only that, but their tactics will become even more complicated and deadly and impossible to stop.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2014-09-20 at 05:39 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand, this will probably give their security a kick in the pants and was a good thing to expose.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredDragoon View Post
    You can say what we all already know: This was obviously just a Mexican hoping to find a job there.

Except most immigrants are from central america not mexico, (R) George bush signed leglislation that makes it hard to deport people from central america, obama needed the judges to process the immigrants and republican's refused, the immigration bill the senate passed, but republicans in the house refused, would of doubled border secuirty funding and made deportation easier, but most people dont fact check things if the watch fox news.
    Last edited by user531345; 2014-09-20 at 05:43 PM.

Actually, you could just place 100 drones in the middle of woods a couple miles outside Washington. Let them sit for a few days while you run away. Then activate them. What are you gonna do to stop them? You'd have to run hourly sweeps of every wood, field, ocean, river, lake for drones.

By the time the government could set up the infrastructure to sweep for drones with that precision, the terrorist drones will be the size of a fly and could shoot lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    You cannot "take out" drones. They are too small and fly too low to the ground. Drones can mosey in between buildings, homes, stop on the ground in a field somewhere, then pick up and take off again. You can't pick them up on radar. Its a logistical nightmare.

Even IF you could pick them up, you're talking about warfare between your drones and enemy drones AT STREET LEVEL. So you shoot them down and they drop their bomb payload on top of Starbucks instead. Great.

They say that hackers are ahead of security when it comes to computers, and the hackers are getting further ahead, the hackers are winning, not losing. The same will be true for terrorism. You simply cannot protect against terrorism, and not only that, but their tactics will become even more complicated and deadly and impossible to stop.
    You accidentally the cube square law brah.

Lift is based on a volumetric displacement of air. As the size of an aircraft decreases it's lift decreases exponentially.

An aircraft 1/10th the size has 1/100th the lift (and thereby cargo capacity). Which is why humming birds and insects have to beat their wings so damn fast while large birds soar gracefully through the sky.

Lift also decreases with the speed of an aircraft. So amazon's delivery drone idea is misguided science fiction, unless they have some secret alien propulsion method nobody knows about.

If you could fit a substantially threatening quantity of destructive ordinance in anything smaller than a predator drone, the US military would be using it already.

I mean, you might be able to build a derringer pistol into a camera drone or something, but after all that effort, and the difficulty of actually pulling off such an assassination, it's really not worth the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catacalysmic View Post
    You use to be able to have picnics on the white house front yard.
    However since obama with the whole tea party movement that formed with him being president, and literally there has been more terrorist attacks on US soil by republican and tea party affiliated people than islamist during his admin, and on tea party and gun advocate online forums they threaten to bomb the white house and shoot the president, i fear for his live if any of them ever try to really carry out there plans. Certain people these days are so blinded by hate and ignorance towards this president, his policies aren't even close to extreme compared with FDR or reagan, yet i think personally they are blinded by his race.
    What a crock of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Its actually impossible to protect the white house.

Amazon, etc. wants to build drones that can carry items to your house. All someone needs to do is repurpose those to carry bombs, and then fly 100 of them over the white house and blow it up. You could launch them from a mile away and they would be unstoppable.

One idea would be to just fly a plane over the ocean in international waters by Washington DC. Just drop 100 drones carrying bombs out the back and keep flying. Let them sit dormant for several hours, maybe a day, maybe a week. Head home to Iran or whatever. Then they launch and all drop their bombs on the White House.

Its not quite doable yet, but in 5-10 years it should be easy.
    yes but where offensive technology advances to a threatening point so will defenses if they become enough of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yes but where offensive technology advances to a threatening point so will defenses if they become enough of a problem.
    I don't understand. Are you trying to tell me that defense contractors also do research on countermeasures?

I dunno, my friend is a machinist and he built a drone about 2 feet across which could easily carry a few pounds of c4 and a detonator. No idea what exploding few pounds of c4 in the sky would do, probably not very much, but I guess you could swap that to "a tiny amount of explosive and a coke can full of nails"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    What a crock of bullshit.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...as-cop-killers
    The couple then reportedly covered the officers’ bodies with a cloth showing a Revolutionary War-era flag.

The newspaper reported it was the Gadsden flag, a yellow background with a coiled snake above the words, “Don’t tread on me.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...m_national_pop

http://theweek.com/article/index/231...slim-terrorism
    Sikhs have been victim to — by one count — more than 700 incidents of violence and murder at the hands of people who wrongly assumed they are Muslims.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/opinio...nsas-shooting/
    On Sunday, a man shot and killed a 14-year-old boy and his grandfather at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City and then drove to a nearby Jewish retirement community where he shot and killed a third person. Police arrested a suspect, Frazier Glenn Cross, who shouted "Heil Hitler" after he was taken into custody.
    In fact, since 9/11 extremists affiliated with a variety of far-right wing ideologies, including white supremacists, anti-abortion extremists and anti-government militants, have killed more people in the United States than have extremists motivated by al Qaeda's ideology. According to a count by the New America Foundation, right wing extremists have killed 34 people in the United States for political reasons since 9/11. (The total includes the latest shootings in Kansas, which are being classified as a hate crime).
    By contrast, terrorists motivated by al Qaeda's ideology have killed 21 people in the United States since 9/11.

over 50% more deaths by RIGHT WING radicals than islamist.
    Last edited by user531345; 2014-09-20 at 06:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catacalysmic View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...as-cop-killers
    The couple then reportedly covered the officers’ bodies with a cloth showing a Revolutionary War-era flag.

The newspaper reported it was the Gadsden flag, a yellow background with a coiled snake above the words, “Don’t tread on me.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...m_national_pop

http://theweek.com/article/index/231...slim-terrorism
    Sikhs have been victim to — by one count — more than 700 incidents of violence and murder at the hands of people who wrongly assumed they are Muslims.

16 died by islamist with fort hood plus boston marathonunder obama

DOZENS have died to right wing radicals.
    Those are not right wing radicals. Those are people who are fucked up in the head.

Even the most right-wing person I've met in my life does not wish death on President Obama because he's black. They just have very, very strong disagreements with his policies.

Your hasty generalizations don't convince me. It's like me saying that all left-wing people are gay because they support gay marriages, which is simply not true.
    Last edited by TZK203; 2014-09-20 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Those are not right wing radicals. Those are people who are fucked up in the head.

Even the most right-wing person I've met in my life does not wish death on President Obama because he's black. They just have very, very strong disagreements with his policies.

Your hasty generalizations don't convince me. It's like me saying that all left-wing people are gay because they support gay marriages, which is simply not true.
    but Rachael Maddow said it's right wing radicals so it must be true. anything bad that happens in the US is definitely the republicans fault still though right?
    Last edited by stabetha; 2014-09-20 at 07:16 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

They showed a bit of restraint.