Page 1 of 3
LastLast

People Are Actually Charging Their iPhone 6 in the Microwave!

i2.wp. com / uniladmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/iphone6.png

People are idiots. History proves it. But this just takes the biscuit.

A hoax by 4chan has spread like wildfire and it’s destroying iPhones everywhere.

4chan uses created a fake advert for the iPhone 6 highlighting a very special, new feature that it has. And that feature is the ability to charge your phone by putting it in the microwave.

And the new ‘Wave’ feature is actually tricking idiots around the world.

i. imgur.com / L5mEApz.png

- - - Updated - - -

i added spaces because i can't post link

Deleted
    I have to be honest this is one of those few golden moments in 4chans history that makes me glad they haven't been shut down yet.

What idiot would believe that a microwave could be used to safely charge an object made of plastic and metal!?

Deleted
    reminds me of the one about the software update making your phone waterproof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    I have to be honest this is one of those few golden moments in 4chans history that makes me glad they haven't been shut down yet.

What idiot would believe that a microwave could be used to safely charge an object made of plastic and metal!?
    Anyone who hasn't the slightest clue how machinery works or is powered, which is practically 80% of Apple users.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mess with the science oven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    For the lazy:

I read about this earlier on, just like the IOS upgrade which makes your phone waterproof from a few years back.
    People who genuinely believe this stuff should probably be culled depending on severity level, although I feel if they believe stuff like this then it won't be long before they accidentally themselves anyway.

Very much related
    http://i.imgur.com/TiTdMjP.jpg
    Last edited by Martyn 470; 2014-09-20 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    For the lazy:

I read about this earlier on, just like the IOS upgrade which makes your phone waterproof from a few years back.
    People who genuinely believe this stuff should probably be culled depending on severity level, although I feel if they believe stuff like this then it won't be long before they accidentally themselves anyway.

Very much related
    http://i.imgur.com/TiTdMjP.jpg
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Thanks for providing pictures

I just feel bad for the older people who you'd expect to believe this type of stuff. Like, the ones who still have trouble using internet explorer.

Anyone else though...whyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I just feel bad for the older people who you'd expect to believe this type of stuff. Like, the ones who still have trouble using internet explorer.
    I feel so sure it's just idiot young people who are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I feel so sure it's just idiot young people who are doing it.
    A majority probably is just because I doubt if they're having trouble with most tech they'd care enough to get the new iPhone, but I wouldn't be too shocked if there's one or two, which I will feel bad for.

This is what I imagine most people's intellect to be. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Stay salty my friends.

I hope this voids the warranty.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because some people are tweeting and re-tweeting doesn't mean they've done it. They're called trolls and bullshitters. Can you show us this massive group of people who actually did this with their phone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Just because some people are tweeting and re-tweeting doesn't mean they've done it. They're called trolls and bullshitters. Can you show us this massive group of people who actually did this with their phone?
    They can't show you, their phones are broke?

This is priceless, just at iOS 7 made iPhones "waterproof". People should research this stuff if they're too stupid to call BS right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    I hope this voids the warranty.
    You bet it will, anyone receiving these idiots' complaints will laugh off their chairs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post29582721
    Personally I find it hilarious.

I got a bridge for them to jump off..

I love how they are on the internet just long enough to read something dumb to try but not long enough to do any research into it to find out that its fake.

15+ Year Old Account
    For god's sake, how do people always fall for this stuff?