Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Anyone who hasn't the slightest clue how machinery works or is powered, which is practically 80% of Apple users.
    Well..... that puts them ahead of IBM based users... In the professional world of computer tech, the saying goes that 99% of all computer problems are the User itself lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't necessarily call people who fell for it dumb but its pretty funny (and messed at the same time that people messed up their phones). A little few buzzwords, some social engineering, and the people who don't know any better are sure to fall for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Some people are just dumb...
    hey now don't lump them in with dumb people. that's an insult to dumb people everywhere.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if those yelling Twitter images are from people who are actually behind it just hoping the iPhone users will bite. Seriously, doubt this is actually happening all that much.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of posters here forget that the number of people in the world that are destructively incompetent in the kitchen is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    The images of burned up iPhones are actually from older sources, like people running insane stress tests on them.

This is easy to see with just some quick googling.
    But people want to believe the lie. They are entertained by the thought of other people doing stupid, self-destructive things for some reason. Kind of sick, if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    one of my favorites was #BaldForBieber. 4Chan managed to make Twitter think that Justin Bieber had cancer and that people should shave their heads for support with the hashtag #BaldForBieber
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Well, to be fair there's a difference between being smart or dumb, and commonsense. The people that actually tried this lack the ladder.
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Would a ladder somehow help the less intelligent make a better decision and not put their expensive electronics in a microwave?

I suppose it would take them higher than a normal microwave is, as they are typically on a counter...though, if someone is dumb enough to put their expensive electronics in a microwave, they might put it in a high enough place that would require a ladder to reach....
    So have you tried it yet?
    Last edited by muto; 2014-09-21 at 05:01 AM.

Its not that farfetched. I remember people fixing x-box by putting them in either the oven or microwave. I would definitely watch a video of someone doing it plus do a lot of research before attempting any strange things though with my 600 dollar pos phone.

This is why we need to buckle down and impose rules on breeding.

God i love the internet. Usually it's just crap everywhere, but sometimes a gem like this happens. I love it.

Deleted
    Could this also be trolling and shit like that never happened?
    Trolling into trolling...
    Trolleception?

Deleted
    4chan is still a thing?

Deleted
    I don't understand how people can so stupid that they would try "charging" their phones in a microwave oven...

I'm not surprised. We live in a society where there's a growing number of people willing to do and believe anything if it looks official enough. There's also a lot of people with more money than common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    4chan is still a thing?
    Considering you have posted about it semi-recently I don't see how you're surprised. Seems like the whole "Nickleback is still a band?" thing, you know it is you're just saying it to gain attention.

On Topic: I'm glad this type of stuff happens. I'm sure there's at least a hundred people who actually did this and they deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    Oxymoron.
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What the actual fuck now, internet? Grow a thicker skin and stop being a whiny faggot.