Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Rygar for NES or Battletoads vs Double Dragon i think it was. The NES was basically a way to teach kids about cold cruel failure.
    Battletoads I can agree with and understand, but NES Rygar or Double Dragon? Both were easy games, Rygar was about as difficult as any Legend of Zelda game (the arcade version of Rygar on the other had was brutal). I felt like both Rygar and Double Dragon where HEAVILY nerfed from their arcade versions.

Current: Dark Souls PvP is the dumbest shit ever. People standing right in front of me backstabbing me, getting one-shot by unknown magic (literally, I don't even see it I just die, from full life to nothing), 2v1 even after I kill one of them they rejoin immediately and it's 2v1 again. Yeah, fuck Dark Souls PvP, I'm sorry. I tried to enjoy it, but quite frankly it's one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had in a game. Ironically, whenever I am invaded I win, just not when invading others lol.

All time: Probably the original Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden, or the aforementioned Battletoads. Blaster Master was pretty aggravating as well. Ikaruga is probably up there somewhere, as well, only shooter in recent memory that caused me to chuck a controller across the room. Sorry, it's hard to pick just one. Honorable mention for X-Wing - some of those missions actually caused me to break things lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    Battletoads I can agree with and understand, but NES Rygar
    Yeah I just looked up screenshots of Rygar and it's not the game I was thinking of.

This game was one where you alternated from a platformer to an overhead view depending on where you were in the game.

Anything that has to be done JUST SO in order to succeed. Screwing up really stresses me out. I don't really rage, but I can definitely feel my blood pressure, haha. I'll use Heroes of the Storm as an example, since I've been playing that a lot.

Normally in HotS I play Abathur, who is marked as a "very hard" hero. He has a unique skillset which leaves him safe inside the base while he buffs and does his work through allies. He requires a lot of strategy as well as knowledge of other heroes in the game. Right up my alley, and enjoyable every time.

Recently however, I've been playing a lot of Nova. Nova is a stealth sniper with very little health, who is either marked as "medium" or "hard" (i.e. easier than Abathur). Not as much strategy involved with her, but her execution must be FLAWLESS. Obviously she is very unforgiving, as her abilities need to be timed and aimed just right, and if you're caught unaware you get smeared rather quickly.

Playing Nova . . . stresses me the hell out. I've found myself yelling "SHIT!" at the screen when I miss an important snipe, or someone walks out of the bushes where I hadn't seen them. I'm not normally the type of person to rage at all, but holy crap . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Fighting games have always had notoriously cheap/unfair AI.

I dated a guy that actually pushed over an old MK2 arcade machine because of how cheap the 4-armed boss (the one that looked like a tiger-something) was. And this was back in the late 90s >.>
    That would be Kintaro. And yes, he was a bastard.

Fighting games have also done that to me, but I've never pushed over an arcade machine. I've broken controllers though. Bison from Street Fighter Alpha 3 comes to mind.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-09-21 at 09:52 PM.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, more specifically the goddamn hitbox on Plesioth's hipcheck. "I should be safe here, right?" NOPE.avi

FPS games, mainly on the pc. I used to be quite good at cod 4 and mw2, when i still had an xbox 360. Nowdays if i even dare try an fps on pc, i'll quit within 10 minutes, because i keep dying and i can't aim for shit. I know i could probably get better at it if i just kept practicing, but god fucking damn it i get so fucking angry, because i can't aim with a mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3.

Three different elites at once (bad pull) with the worst affix combinations you can get can get me to rage.

I had one group that was almost impossible, they'd kill me the moment I revived.
    Putin khuliyo

Generally, Blizzard games. With other games, I either love them and have no issues or I am disgusted with them and put them down after 30 mins of gameplay; in regards to Blizzard products I am apparently a masochist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Rygar for NES or Battletoads vs Double Dragon i think it was. The NES was basically a way to teach kids about cold cruel failure.
    Oh god Double Dragon. The memories <3

I got really mad playing Modern Warfare on the flashback level. It took me ages to get past the part where you have to hold out for extraction on a small hill after shooting that guy in the head, resulting in his arm falling off.

Hearthstone, I always go back to it but it frustrates me so much when I'm 100% winning a game and they draw that 1 card at the perfect moment that completely changes the game. That's rng for ya though.

Deleted
    CS:GO all those awp tryhards who play save on public ... screw you! :O

Deleted
    Every PvP games and Osu

10+ Year Old Account
    Lately? Payday 2; but only because the human element- I seem to get nothing but mouth breathers for partners- and some of that stuff is damn hard to solo just because you have equipment limitations.

Random BGs in WoW and LoL make me rage. Especially healers that decide it's a good idea to ignore their team and do other stuff like waste time capping the first base instead of going mid/LM to support their team. In LoL I can start raging at people that think its a good idea to play a champ for the first time at 2k mmr.