Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's hardly a great shock a lot of justice goes soft when it comes to holding women to account add in that celebrities often get the same soft serve law and you have stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    It's hardly a great shock a lot of justice goes soft when it comes to holding women to account add in that celebrities often get the same soft serve law and you have stuff like this.
    How many times did LiLo violate probation and still was back on the streets?
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

No body believes girls can do damage with those girl arms of theirs.

I'm just voicing what a lot of people think.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Until they see her arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Until they see her arms.
    That's a lot buffer than I was thinking. She could probably kick my butt. I wonder if she's taking steroids. She has a man's neck.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Until they see her arms.
    [IMG]http://tensportsclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Hope-Solo-6.jpg[IMG]
    She has arms?!

That's a lot buffer than I was thinking. She could probably kick my butt. I wonder if she's taking steroids. She has a man's neck.
    She's a goalie. Beyond that, I have no idea if that has any impact on her physique.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's a goalie. Beyond that, I have no idea if that has any impact on her physique.
    Her neck also may look weird because she has it tilted out and upward, which strains your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Her neck also may look weird because she has it tilted out and upward, which strains your neck.
    Yeah, I was just looking for a candid-y picture, since most poses/shots for, say, a Nike ad might be Photoshopped or airbrushed. I also wanted to emphasize her arms, since it's pretty much taken for granted how her lower body's built. She's built like a tank, and could definitely cause some serious damage to a person if she wanted.

That book of her's is a very good read. Her life was somewhat chaotic but she had these storybook, fairytale type grandparents and every time things would get crazy she'd run to their house and things would be safe and secure.

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    That book of her's is a very good read. Her life was somewhat chaotic but she had these storybook, fairytale type grandparents and every time things would get crazy she'd run to their house and things would be safe and secure.
    And then she'd go beat strangers with said book.

Oh, I dunno. I've been watching people talk about it more and more over the last week. Suddenly all of the NFL stories have pretty much vanished.

It's being talked about. Needs to be more public outcry before sponsors withdraw and the league punts her. Harder to draw attention when the offender is so completely off the majority's radar, though. Unlike the NFL, women's Soccer has much more limited appeal (at least at home). She works, though, because at least she's an athlete.

I'm conflicted about Women on Men violence issues. It's something that needs to be addressed and treated seriously, but at the same time I know that the few victims who try to speak up about it are treated like shit by sexist authorities and sexist society (You're a man, you couldn't just restrain her? but if you damage her in any way you're in deep shit, bro; and yes, we expect every untrained male to instinctually know how to deal with crazy, it's not like that takes time to learn or anything). It's the uphill battle for men that it was for women decades ago (you must have done something to deserve this, why would you even contradict him, just get out/just take it).

Don't look at Solo's story and say, "Pfft, but it's a chick pulling bad shit, no one's going to care, get used to it." That doesn't help. That doesn't help the people stuck in a terrible situation, and it doesn't help the people who are abusive to be better people (if they even want to bother trying to be). That's the sort of attitude that allows offenders to continue to offend without real solutions. Pretending you don't care allows people to not sympathize, and when they don't sympathize they won't bother trying to help.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Until they see her arms.
    those nips

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Yeah sure, there is no difference between brawling while drunk, and a vicious sucker punch, knocking an other person out...

There is no double standard, you are comparing two different things.
    She physically assaulted a minor and his mother.

Totally no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Totally no difference.
    My brother and I used to beat the shit out of each other. It was a fight between sisters and the 17 year old son tried to stop it and got hit. It is different than cold clocking a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    My brother and I used to beat the shit out of each other. It was a fight between sisters and the 17 year old son tried to stop it and got hit. It is different than cold clocking a woman.
    The behavior you speak of is really only condonable when it's a fight between two young siblings. There's a certain expectation placed upon adults where the whole sibling rivalry thing is no longer a valid excuse.

Fundamentally there is no difference. There is no good reason to physically assault your siblings during your adult years, much less cold cock her 17 year old son for trying to break it up.

Deleted

I'm just voicing what a lot of people think.
    until they realise physical size and strength aren't really important for domestic violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Well A, you inclusion of Woman lends your "argument" no weight.
    Two, last i checked, she tried to hit him, so there was no cold clocking.
    And third, that might be understandable if the reactions difference was a matter of degree, but its not, its a difference in kind.

Do I dare see what the creature we call tumblr is saying about this story?

Found some nudes and a few posts calling it a witch hunt against her.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2014-09-21 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Totally no difference.
    First of all, the "minor" was a 17 years old, who is as tall as her. Secondly she had a brawl, while she was drunk with her sister, and her son come to intervene and was hit too...

The examples in the article are someNFL stars: One of them abused a small child. No adult, no near adult teenager, who is as tall as him, lashing him with a tree branch. The other one sucker punched is wife, knocking her out, and dragged the unconscious lady around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    First of all, the "minor" was a 17 years old, who is as tall as her. Secondly she had a brawl, while she was drunk with her sister, and her son come to intervene and was hit too...

The examples in the article are someNFL stars: One of them abused a small child. No adult, no near adult teenager, who is as tall as him, lashing him with a tree branch. The other one sucker punched is wife, knocking her out, and dragged the unconscious lady around.
    It's okay to swing on a minor when he's nearing adulthood. Even though she is a physically built woman who likely could overpower him, he was taller then her.
    Never mind maturity not occuring until later on in the 20s or the rule of thumb that you should never harm your family. She couldn't help it. She was drunk.