Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is she famous enough in the US to warrant much media interest?

I couldn't name half a dozen female football players, and I'm an ex-season ticket holder at the the most successful club side in women's football. It'd be barely newsworthy in the UK as hardly anybody would know who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It's okay to swing on a minor when he's nearing adulthood. Even though she is a physically built woman who likely could overpower him, he was taller then her.
    Never mind maturity not occuring until later on in the 20s or the rule of thumb that you should never harm your family. She couldn't help it. She was drunk.
    Thanks for proving, that you are a troll.

I never said it is "ok". However what Hope Solo did, was far less severe than the actions of Rice and Peterson, and so different consequences are no hypocrisy, but reasonable.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Thanks for proving, that you are a troll.

I never said it is "ok". However what Hope Solo did, was far less severe than the actions of Rice and Peterson, and so different consequences are no hypocrisy, but reasonable.
    It was more direct sarcasm to display how ridilcidous I think your distinctions are.

In what way does a child having cuts and bruises carry more severity then a battered woman and a minor?

And what consequences exactly? A premise of a complaint isn't about the severity of punishments, it's the complete absence of a punishment thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    until they realise physical size and strength aren't really important for domestic violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Well A, you inclusion of Woman lends your "argument" no weight.
    Two, last i checked, she tried to hit him, so there was no cold clocking.
    And third, that might be understandable if the reactions difference was a matter of degree, but its not, its a difference in kind.
    So you think two sisters roughly the same size fighting is the same as a male twice the weight of his wife "fighting"?

And either way, the entire thing is completely moot because US Soccer players don't have image clauses in their contracts. It's the only reason the NFL players were able to be suspended. Unless public opinion can sway the US Soccer team to release her, it will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

It's okay to swing on a minor when he's nearing adulthood. Even though she is a physically built woman who likely could overpower him, he was taller then her.
    Never mind maturity not occuring until later on in the 20s or the rule of thumb that you should never harm your family. She couldn't help it. She was drunk.
    Rule of thumb to never harm your family? That is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    So you think two sisters roughly the same size fighting is the same as a male twice the weight of his wife "fighting"?

And either way, the entire thing is completely moot because US Soccer players don't have image clauses in their contracts. It's the only reason the NFL players were able to be suspended. Unless public opinion can sway the US Soccer team to release her, it will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Rule of thumb to never harm your family? That is laughable.
    Do you think people look at you differently if you exerted harm on your sibling then say, a drunken stranger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think people look at you differently if you exerted harm on your sibling then say, a drunken stranger?
    I would look at the person hitting the stranger worse. At least with a family member, you had a reason even if misguided.

How, exactly, is "no one talking about" this incident? How is "nobody batting an eye"? There are four million results on Google and 22,000 results on Google News for "Hope Solo domestic violence".

If this read "NFL guy beats up his brother and nephew at drunken party" knowone would care lol... that's what this was.

Deleted
    The things I would do to Solo, she is so sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Honestly. I do not see what the big deal is? It's not like women beating on their husbands/wifes is something new.
    It's not like womyn receiving a slap on the wrist for their crimes/mistakes is something new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    shes ugly naked !

She was suffering from roid rage.

There's always going to be a double standard. I'm not even sure why people want to remove the double standard.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    oh well she is in the fappening part 2, some sort karma i guess

In 2010 approximately 1,340 people were killed by intimate partners. That same year, over 9,800 people were killed in drunk driving accidents. Over seven times as many people dead. And yet I don't see Twitter exploding every time some idiot gets a DUI and doesn't get fired from his job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    How, exactly, is "no one talking about" this incident? How is "nobody batting an eye"? There are four million results on Google and 22,000 results on Google News for "Hope Solo domestic violence".
    Moreso the lack of scrutiny against whatever the organization for womans soccer for taking the "well she's about to break a record" route at this point.

But i'm more on the side of nobody cares because "who gives a fuck about soccor and woman's sports"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    She was suffering from roid rage.

There's always going to be a double standard. I'm not even sure why people want to remove the double standard.
    I stopped there, it's not a recognized legal defense or supported medical term, at most it's supported by anecdotes and opinion pieces; Throw your odd dailymail article in there if you like.

In addition, i'd be curious what compounds in your opinion would cause this "Roid rage", if you've researched into it that is, and you're not repeating buzz words.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I stopped there, it's not a recognized legal defense or supported medical term, at most it's supported by anecdotes and opinion pieces; Throw your odd dailymail article in there if you like.

In addition, i'd be curious what compounds in your opinion would cause this "Roid rage", if you've researched into it that is, and you're not repeating buzz words.
    It's a term comedians use over here.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    It's a term comedians use over here.
    Humor often translates poorly on the internet, so apologies if that was your intent and i snapped your face

Maybe because she only has this one incident in the news. The NFL players have two incidents in public each that are known of. Maybe if the family put the fight on youtube then she would've got more attention. Maybe also her sponsors, her team and everyone else is gonna wait to see what the judge says before they jump the gun on punishing her. Part of the problem here is that america has a public and media that thinks you're guilty before you can even tell your side of the story. Then you wonder why the legal system is so messed up and sends innocent guys to death row.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-09-21 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    I'm going to give you some advice, perhaps the best advice you will ever receive, and I will give it to you for free.

Over the next few days you will hear a lot about some photographs of her. DO NOT LOOK THEM UP. Bomb in a deli is the best description my traumatised brain can think of.