Latency question

What's the difference between world and home?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Home is your connection quality, where as world is most likely the server. If you have 2k home latency, check your internet. If the world latency is 4,000, then that means children are out.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which, I think there's some cunts frolicking about the BNet server right now.

Both are connections to the same data center.

Home is your home realm server.

World is the world server.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Both are connections to the same data center.

Home is your home realm server.

World is the world server.
    Huh? My home seems to be good around 30-50, but sometimes the world goes up to 100. Just wondering what's the difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Huh? My home seems to be good around 30-50, but sometimes the world goes up to 100. Just wondering what's the difference between the two.
    "Home" is the session/interfaces. Your chat windows (Party, Guild, Trade etc.), the Auction House, your interface and the like. Think of it as the 'administration'. Not much data (a lot of it is just text), so your latency is usually low.

The "World" connection is everything else. The mobs, other players, the gear they're wearing, when they begin to cast a spell, when you cast your spells etc. It's the main meat of the game and has a lot more data, so the latency is higher.

Both connections are to their servers though.